Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Altitude 2016 program for 2017 status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Altitude 2016 program for 2017 status

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by D582
I don't think this is the best comparison though. FX rates change.

Regardless, it is a lot easier for a US-based UA member to earn PQDs (and PQM) than a US-based AC member.

A UA member flying UA earns at least 100% PQM on all UA flights. An AC member flying AC does not earn at least 100% AQM on all AC flights. You might have to spend up to double the fare in some markets to earn 100%.

A UA member will earn PQDs on all UA metal, on eligible fares, regardless of booking source/ticket stock. An AC member will will earn AQDs on all AC metal, on eligible fares, regardless of booking source/ticket stock. So no difference there.

On a purely domestic UA itinerary, a UA member will earn PQDs. An AC member flying that same itinerary will not earn AQDs.

On a purely domestic AC itinerary, an AC member will earn AQDs. A UA member flying the same itinerary can also earn PQDs if they book the same AC flights through UA.

And flying internationally, the UA member earns PQDs as long as UA tickets the flight. Doesn't matter about codeshares vs OAL flight numbers etc. The AC member only earns if it's booked as an AC codeshare on an AC ticket.
This.

It goes to my point, do you think the IT folks at IBM / Air Canada will even figure out how to dream to dare to write the code that will support the customer facing front end on this?

.... the customer through confusion. Air Canada.

Uber. Simplicity.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Is that IKK counter live yet. Something incredibly simple like that has been taking over a year. I suspect the AQD will be suspended until further notice before this goose even flies.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by Allvest
Is that IKK counter live yet. Something incredibly simple like that has been taking over a year. I suspect the AQD will be suspended until further notice before this goose even flies.
that's probably why the aeroplan website hasn't been working for an average of 23 hours a day for the last couple weeks.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
that's probably why the aeroplan website hasn't been working for an average of 23 hours a day for the last couple weeks.

www.pingdom.com

I think I'll set it up.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
www.pingdom.com

I think I'll set it up.
will that catch the 400 500 login error that's happening for the last 2-3 weeks ALL the time?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:39 pm

We should all call in and ask for our status on the 1KK counter.

The funny/sad thing is that we know that Ben/Ben x2 read this forum, and I would hope that they know how bad the reality is of a) what they want to try to do vs. b) what they hope to do.

Rather than hide from customers, they might try again to seek the insight from this board.

Let's try....

Perhaps they should discover Agile.

Fire IBM.

Get rid of senior AC IT execs who have been there forever.

Save money that goes into failed IT initiatives and turn it back into meaningful customer initiatives.

Support customers at the boardroom table rather than fall to the old Board members who owe other board members who work in the IT world.

Oh, and stop shovelling money to SpaFax, who remains a complete blight and a .......ized pimple on all that is honest.

http://www.spafax.com/interactive/ai...ancois-legare/

How many folks here sign into Altitude Community every day? Have you ever looked at the Alexa numbers? It's a complete fail.

Oh, wait.

Sorry. That won't happen.

Air Canada IT in 2020 will involve just about the same old crap.

All of which means, the opportunity to hack AQD is probably quite alive and well.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Can someone -- Adam.Smith with your brilliance -- quantify what it might actually cost to support an SE?

To start:

(# of Concierge staff salary) + (needless Concierge office accumulated depreciation) / (# SE / # VIP / # Intl J)

+

(Nominal value of eUpgrade average cost) / (# SE / # VIP )

+

um, what else?

Anyone want to try the math?

Easy.

100K AQM = ~200K AE miles (with SE bonus, give or take a few scraps), about 1 round trip to Asia in F

R/T to Asia in F is around $10K.

For $20K spend, the SE gets $10K in value, about 50% ROI.

IMHO, the program is not gutted enough.

#DealWithIt
Old Nov 28, 2015, 5:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Easy.

100K AQM = ~200K AE miles (with SE bonus, give or take a few scraps), about 1 round trip to Asia in F

R/T to Asia in F is around $10K.

For $20K spend, the SE gets $10K in value, about 50% ROI.

IMHO, the program is not gutted enough.

#DealWithIt
So how do you want it?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: *$ Green
So how do you want it?
I edited my answer to you with a huge post about customer spending and loyalty programs, but it was destroyed. No back up. Sorry
Old Nov 28, 2015, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I edited my answer to you with a huge post about customer spending and loyalty programs, but it was destroyed. No back up. Sorry
Math question.

Sun Pass - Florida Plus Latitude - 8 credits 5,216.00
Taxes
Canada Goods and Services Tax (GST/HST #100092287 RT0001) 260.80
Total Taxes 260.80
Grand Total - Canadian Dollars $5,476.80

--

2 people.

What AQD does each earn on this flight pass?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Math question.

Sun Pass - Florida Plus Latitude - 8 credits 5,216.00
Taxes
Canada Goods and Services Tax (GST/HST #100092287 RT0001) 260.80
Total Taxes 260.80
Grand Total - Canadian Dollars $5,476.80

--

2 people.

What AQD does each earn on this flight pass?
Divide by 8. AQD earned only after completing the flight. If one person flies 6 credits, then they get 75%.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
The funny/sad thing is that we know that Ben/Ben x2 read this forum, and I would hope that they know how bad the reality is of a) what they want to try to do vs. b) what they hope to do.
It is sad, because some of the intended things have been good, but the execution is left lacking.

Rather than hide from customers, they might try again to seek the insight from this board.
No no, they've already done focus groups and asked their top tier members don't you remember?

Fire IBM.
Can't do that. Cuz...synergy.

How many folks here sign into Altitude Community every day? Have you ever looked at the Alexa numbers? It's a complete fail.
I've never signed in to that community. If I want restaurant recommendations or hotels etc, there's Yelp, Tripadvisor, FT and a myriad of other places than a brand new board. No idea what Alexa numbers even are.

I honestly don't know why they started that thing. Maybe I should check it out, maybe it's great, but I kinda doubt it.

Can we all assume that the bean counters/execs come up with an idea like AQD, then just throw it to the IT department and tell them to figure it out? I'm no software developer or anything but this stuff doesn't just happen overnight. I know they don't wanna announce the 2018 requirements yet, but wouldn't that be a better idea? Dream up now what you want to start Jan 1, 2017 so that you can actually have it ready in time.

I got that email about IKK limits kicking in, my first thought was...didn't that start months ago? I'd love to see retroactive AQD, I'd like to see my AQS/AQM on AC, I'd like to see my MM progress even though I'm nowhere close. All things IT could get put in, but sadly the department is well behind where they should be it seems.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
Divide by 8. AQD earned only after completing the flight. If one person flies 6 credits, then they get 75%.
Exactly my point.

So it's 8xFP/6 x 75%

I look forward to seeing the Alltitude Wheel figure out this math, and the complaints that will follow on AQD.

Remember, we are talking about IBM doing math here. LOL.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Oh, and stop shovelling money to SpaFax, who remains a complete blight and a .......ized pimple on all that is honest.

http://www.spafax.com/interactive/ai...ancois-legare/

Totally forgot this thing even existed!!
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Dorian
Totally forgot this thing even existed!!
OMG! But you are one of the top posters on the board!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.