Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Access to Maple Leaf Lounge Int'l in YYZ with guest

Old Nov 11, 15, 8:54 am
Original Poster

I have purchased a business class ticket from YWG to EZE with a change in YYZ on Air Canada. My friend is going on same flights, however in economy on an Aeroplan reward ticket. Would she be allowed access to the Maple Leaf Lounge International in Toronto by paying the $25 guest fee and entering with me? I have no frequent flyer status with AC.

Thank you.
Old Nov 11, 15, 9:05 am
c_9

Programs: AC 25K only, he said through tears from the back of the aircraft...
Yes.

Additional guests may accompany qualifying passengers for $15 CAD per person before 11 a.m. and for $25 CAD per person after 11 a.m.
http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...es/access.html
Old Nov 11, 15, 9:08 am

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
If your friend has the option of buying a lounge pass with her ticket on the flight, either when booking or later through the AC website's Manage My Bookings area, and she buys the pass, she'll be able to get in. Note though that the access needs to be purchased in advance, not at the airport.

Whether you're with her doesn't matter since you're not entitled to bring a guest and she'll have access if she buys a pass, regardless of whether you're there.
Old Nov 11, 15, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by adam.smith View Post
If your friend has the option of buying a lounge pass with her ticket on the flight, either when booking or later through the AC website's Manage My Bookings area, and she buys the pass, she'll be able to get in. Note though that the access needs to be purchased in advance, not at the airport.

Whether you're with her doesn't matter since you're not entitled to bring a guest and she'll have access if she buys a pass, regardless of whether you're there.
However according to the website posted above by c_9 I am a "qualifying passenger" and "Additional guests may accompany qualifying passengers for $15 CAD per person before 11 a.m. and for $25 CAD per person after 11 a.m."

So am I not entitled to bring a guest if she pays the fee listed?
Old Nov 11, 15, 9:25 am

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Originally Posted by HRHSR View Post
However according to the website posted above by c_9 I am a "qualifying passenger" and "Additional guests may accompany qualifying passengers for $15 CAD per person before 11 a.m. and for $25 CAD per person after 11 a.m."

So am I not entitled to bring a guest if she pays the fee listed?
Yes, sorry, that's correct. I've evidently not fully woken up this morning and had forgotten about that rule.
Old Nov 11, 15, 10:30 am

Programs: AC*E50 (*A Gold), Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by adam.smith View Post
Yes, sorry, that's correct. I've evidently not fully woken up this morning and had forgotten about that rule.
This is why I love FT... I didn't even know about that rule!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: