Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Air Canada meals for International Premium Economy Customers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: Air Canada meals for International Premium Economy Customers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Update, PY menu YYZPVG June 2019 (menu code 360PO16-3 AC027, AC031 06/19)

Green salad, vinaigrette
Choice of Chicken thigh, creamy truffle sauce, mixed grains, vegetables OR beef "tenderloin", béarnaise sauce, creamy potato gratin, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots
Lemon tart

A light refreshment will be served mid flight (roll with slice of turkey and slice of cheese, with biscoff cookie)

Breakfast, seasonal fruit (melon chunks), crepe omelet florentine (seems to mean smothered in peppers and potato cubes) OR congee with pork

Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:48 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Breakfast, seasonal fruit (melon chunks), crepe omelet florentine (seems to mean smothered in peppers and potato cubes) OR congee with pork
Florentine should be spinach, not peppers. AC is so creative.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by jasdou

Florentine should be spinach, not peppers. AC is so creative.
You should see the variants on pesto (eg. red/green pepper) and hummus (read non-chickpea)

Not specifically AC (although I'm sure they've done it) but they do get creative about it... then there are all the interpretations of other foods.... fishmeat shiu mai... ugh.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Update, PY menu YYZPVG June 2019 (menu code 360PO16-3 AC027, AC031 06/19)

Green salad, vinaigrette
Choice of Chicken thigh, creamy truffle sauce, mixed grains, vegetables OR beef "tenderloin", béarnaise sauce, creamy potato gratin, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots
Lemon tart

A light refreshment will be served mid flight (roll with slice of turkey and slice of cheese, with biscoff cookie)

@flyquiet

What did you order and what did you think of it?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:29 pm

I thought it was apparent in the description that I had the "tenderloin". It was about 1cm thick and very very thoroughly cooked. It looked like a Quarter Pounder patty in colour, size, shape, and thickness, but all one cut of meat, sitting on top of the béarnaise, which looked to be separating. My seat mate had the same and it was twice as thick, and she described it as tough, and ate less than I did. Her vegetables were piled high with carrots while I saw just one medium sized broccoli piece beside my beef. We remarked on the difference of vegetable mix. I later found one carrot coin and a single cauliflower floret beneath the potatoes which were barely rethermalized, despite the broccoli being the colour of a 1970s avocado green kitchen appliance. I did eat the whole plate, in celebration of a pepper-free selection. I enjoyed the tart also. A nice change from that awful "cheesecake" I know so well from Rouge J.
The wine was a different brand of mini bottle but I failed to remark on the name of it. Both red and white were the same brand. It was okay for airplane PY wine.
I woke just in time to receive the sandwich snack. I made it into two mini sandwiches, one cheese, the other turkey, and expelled the "lettuce" to the clingwrap, which resembled the lettuce crispness level. Freezing lettuce loses its cellular integrity and this item spends far too long in the hold before consumption.They should save money and leave this slimy addition off the sandwich and perhaps swap in a packet of mustard or mayo to be self-administered. The roll was a slightly larger version of the Rouge dinner roll, which is to say French bread most definitely not baked today, and still chilled from being in the hold.
The biscoff is a nice change from the Peak Frean bran cookie which I also liked, but the biscoff was crumbly and got crumbs in my clothes.
For breakfast, I had neither option, just the melon cubes and the bread roll. Tried to ignore the staleness of the roll due to its plastic package being open at the seam. Darn near sliced my hand with the plastic knife as it pierced right through the plastic cup as I tried to get the frozen butter out. Despite the cold in the cabin and the food, the cans of pop were not cold. I should have had more to warm up.
I think there may have been spinach in the omelet to make it florentine and the potatoes and peppers may have been a side, but it was all jumbled up. I just took a peek to see if perhaps the potatoes were segregated enough to eat (and they weren't).
jasdou and YYC3722 like this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Well, sorry I asked.

Sounds like on par with what is expected with AC. Consistent inconsistency.
flyquiet likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:36 pm

Update, return trip PVG-YVR

Menu code 361P003-3 AC 012, AC026, AC028 06/19

Dinner
Green salad, vinaigrette
Braised beef, tomato sauce, parsley mashed potato, grilled zucchini, carrots, broccoli OR
Pan-seared chicken breast, Armagnac sauce, Israeli lemon mint couscous, green beans, baby carrots
Almond tartlet

A light refreshment (was sandwiches on bread containing things I can't eat, plus another Biscoff)

Breakfast
Seasonal fruit
Scrambled eggs, chicken sausage, hash browns, grilled tomato OR
Chinese-style rice congee, chicken, Chinese pickles

I chose the beef. It was quite tasty. The salad was all arugula (yuck). The dinner roll was a round shaped bun in the all-air Chinese style of bread. The dessert was not a tartlet by any stretch of the imagination. It was a square cake that seemed to have a jam layer and almond flakes on top. Tasted but did not eat.

Colleague had chicken and her assessment was "I should have had the beef".

Between lounge and one single bottle of on board plonk, plus a week of minimal sleep, I had enough Magical Sleeping Juice to fall asleep shortly after dinner. They left the sandwich on my tray. However, when I was asleep at breakfast, they did not wake me or offer anything when I did wake. Just as well, given I can't eat eggs, but I might have tasted the sausage to review it

Both directions, not very much attention to PY cabin except during organized meal delivery. No checking on if anyone needed anything. No rounds with a jug of water. Outbound, I went to the galley to beg for a can of club soda, and a J FA making cup-o-noodles for her cabin gave an exasperated sigh at me but produced a can.

Thumbs up to the OJ PDB though.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA plat, Hertz, gold , Bonvoy gold,IHGplat
I would like to see some current Premium economy meal menus on international flights. What wines are being served?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by Srklaw7
I would like to see some current Premium economy meal menus on international flights.
I'm about to board a TATL in PE, so if I remember I'll take a picture.

What wines are being served?
The same plonk in little bottles they serve in Y.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Flying YUL - LHR earlier this week:

This is pretty standard, sometimes they have pasta (which is like a stuffed pasta with a sauce) instead of the chicken or beef. I had the chicken:

Breakfast, as presented when I woke up (I was in Premium Economy+ ... nobody in the seat beside me ;-) ) ... as usually I won't touch it:

On the way home I through YYZ I was planning on taking more PE menu pics, but I was op-upped at the gate in to J (looked like oversold in the back) so my plans were thwarted but I was obviously not too upset ;-) I ordered the same chicken, Signature Class version, just for giggles:

It did taste better than the PE version, although not remarkably so. IMO the big difference between TATL PE and J meals is that the first meal is always served in one course (you can ask for the same in J of course) and in J you get a real second meal instead of the "banana bread" or the Monty pastry thing which they serve in Y. And of course in PE you get the Y beverage cart, which if you want wine or booze is too bad for you.

I've got some TPAC PE coming up in September. If my upgrades don't clear or the op-up gods are not smiling I'll try and remember to post more.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 9:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Any chance anyone is flying LHR-YYC in PY soon? I have 4 days to figure out if I need a special meal or not
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Marriott Rewards
Will be flying Rouge Premium to VCE Anyone know what the menu might be??? I'm assuming we'll get dinner and a kind of breakfast.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by brewster
Will be flying Rouge Premium to VCE Anyone know what the menu might be??? I'm assuming we'll get dinner and a kind of breakfast.
I flew that route last June. Here is the menu for the YYZ-VCE flight. It may have changed since but then it may not.
And no breakfast; just the synthetic, oily spice cake.

Have fun in Venice. Truly an amazing city.

brewster likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 6:12 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by pewpew
Any chance anyone is flying LHR-YYC in PY soon? I have 4 days to figure out if I need a special meal or not
Answering my own question. Good thing I ordered a special meal for my vegetarian traveling companion

Seriously though, why does Y (and J too iirc) have a meat/veggie option whereas PY is often meat/meat?

Edit: just kidding. The veal/chicken was left behind in the seat pocket from YVR-LHR (Aug 11). This is the menu they just handed out (so much for my rant):

Last edited by pewpew; Aug 12, 2019 at 6:20 am
Old Sep 23, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: AC 50K *G, Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold
I flew AC006 from NRT to YUL yesterday in PE and the mid-flight snack was just the sandwich and some cookies which I declined however there were no Cup of Noodles as before. The week before when I flew AC001 from YYZ to HND in J I was in 11K so I could see the PE/Y meal cart and there were Cup of Noodles on it. Is this an optional service, not offered on the 787 or they just eliminated it? I was going to ask but the crew were surly to the point I didn't bother asking for water as there were no water runs.

ps...I will post the menu shortly, need to figure how to post a photo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.