Community
Wiki Posts
Search

25 Years as a member

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:17 am

I received an email from Aeroplan a few months back that congratulated me for hitting my 15th year anniversary as an AP member.
Apparently I joined AP in 2000.
The email didn't come with any other "goodies" though...if AP gave me 15 AP miles as a gesture for my 15th year anniversary, it would have been nice.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: ACMM, AC E50K, HH Gold, National EE
Member since January 1986. I also received the letter, map and pushpins a couple of years ago. Funny looking at the top 10 places they say I've flown - Denver was on the list - I have connected at DEN many times but never have left the airport. It was on my top 10, LOL. Hit MM earlier this year as well - looking at the model 787 on my credenza. Nice gesture.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Stiff
Member since January 1986. I also received the letter, map and pushpins a couple of years ago. Funny looking at the top 10 places they say I've flown - Denver was on the list - I have connected at DEN many times but never have left the airport. It was on my top 10, LOL. Hit MM earlier this year as well - looking at the model 787 on my credenza. Nice gesture.
Yes, I had the same. My top 10 includes Singapore, which I have stayed in
as a destination maybe 20 times over the years, but transit through at least
8-10 times every year; Hong Kong, which, although I have stayed numerous
times, used to be the gateway in and out of China; and Tokyo, which I have
visted only 4 times, but again used to transit 8-10 times a year.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum, HHonors Diamond
"You have been a valued Aeroplan Member ... 1993".

Never have received an email from them on anniversary dates...

I'm sure the data on travel/non-travel awards and destinations is pretty fun to see, however.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: AC SE MM
I emigrated to Canada from the UK in late 1987 and joined Aeroplan within a couple of months of arriving. I made my million miles a few years ago, but have not received any anniversary message. I am so very upset (yeah right!)
Old Nov 5, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Avis First, IHG Gold Elite, Hyatt Gold, Fairmont Presidents Club
17 years and counting..no email from AE at 15 years (sigh)..will hold my breath for 20th email/gesture
Old Nov 5, 2015, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Remember that these emails most of us are not receiving are from AE and have nothing to do with our flights with AC or MM or elite status record.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
My 25th anniversary as an Aeroplan slipped past in recent days unacknowledged by AP and this poster until tonight that is when I logged on to my account and noted the actual anniversary was last week. Am I entitled to any compensation for that horrible oversight?

Just kidding of course.
Plumber and shuuy like this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
My anniversary date is June 1984 and I suppose the end of Aeroplan will come on its/my 36th anniversary when AC introduces its new program.
tcook052 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 28, 2020 at 2:13 pm
Old Jul 3, 2019, 4:39 pm

They should get you a toaster with an Air Canada imprint..... now thats special!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.