Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan YYZ-IST-FCO

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2015, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Aeroplan YYZ-IST-FCO

I am looking at doing YYZ-IST-FCO in 2016 and wanted to see if anyone knew what impact the Aeroplan MPM changes may have on this routing.

Also, if they layover in IST under 24hours, would it be 90k for a business class reward or 105k?

I have done some searching, but a lot of the results seem old.

Does anyone have any other recommended YQ-less route options for YYZ-FCO?

Thanks!
Old Nov 1, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
Aeroplan YYZ-IST-FCO

90k until the deval kicks in. Other options might be LX via YUL or UA via any one of their gateways. EWR serves many destinations, of you don't mind the connection in the US. FCO is a tougher award destination, IME.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 6:55 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
I have YQB-YUL-IST-BCN booked for next July, so in terms of MPM you should be good. As stated, if less than 24 hrs in Istanbul it's 90,000 miles.

If you have issues finding availability to FCO, consider flying to another Italian airport and take the train to Rome.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 9:40 pm

AP already changed their MPM back in Oct 2014
so whatever AP.com lets you book, you're good

YYZ-IST-FCO is perfectly fine
and it's Europe 1 mileage as your destination (> 24 hours) is FCO and not IST
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Thanks for all the advice, booking is all good. I tried a bunch of other routing options as suggested, but this seemed like the best bet and I found a few dates with availability with a 3 week spread.

I booked YYZ-IST-FCO (5h30m layover in IST) && VCE-IST-YYZ (3hr layover in IST) for 2 people in Business class!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.