Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Switching from AC to UA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by DNAwizard
This is great. The search tool on United is light years away from that of AC. The fact that you know exactly how many PQM, PQS, and PQD you get is pretty neat. Exactly what AC needs but sadly not gonna happen anytime soon...
It's a BEAUTIFUL thing

(forget light years...this is a whole different "quadrant" )
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by DNAwizard
This is great. The search tool on United is light years away from that of AC. The fact that you know exactly how many PQM, PQS, and PQD you get is pretty neat. Exactly what AC needs but sadly not gonna happen anytime soon...
do a search on YYZ-YVR.

Not only will you get a complete breakdown, but it also shows how many AC R seats there are - which I thought was a closely guarded secret from AC elites?

Eearnings for a one way ticket in P class - 12342 redeemable miles, 4170 premier qualifying miles.

Do Aeroplan earnings even come close to these for SE?

On AC metal ffs.

What premium flyer in their right mind would ever credit to Aeroplan?
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by rankourabu
the uninformed.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:19 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by why fly
the uninformed.
25,000 points for YYZ-YVR or EWR-YYZ in 787/777 Business class is not bad, esp with YQ wavier and on 10:30pm red eye flights
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
For those of you who are exploring, make sure to run United in expert mode - you are able to see availability by class for all your flights, including R space to use RPU/GPUs unlike AC where you have to pay double for just a lottery of an upgrade.

http://thepointsguy.com/2016/01/usin...d-expert-mode/

Yet another limitation of AC, who by their own admission, believe that AC pax cannot handle transparency.
There are people on the AC forum who also feel that they could not handle the transparency and prefer AC's super secret method of assigning upgrades.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by margarita girl
There are people on the AC forum who also feel that they could not handle the transparency and prefer AC's super secret method of assigning upgrades.
Although I am usually #1 on the waitlist (high fare, S100K, 2MM), I still find the whole opaqueness thing annoying as hell.

Sometimes I pig out in the MLL because I am not willing to assume that I will get the last J seat. I blame AC for getting me chubby bubbly fubbly smubbly pubbly.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Although I am usually #1 on the waitlist (high fare, S100K, 2MM), I still find the whole opaqueness thing annoying as hell.

Sometimes I pig out in the MLL because I am not willing to assume that I will get the last J seat. I blame AC for getting me chubby bubbly fubbly smubbly pubbly.
I on the other hand charm the gate agents for OPUP even with a Tango fare. ;D
Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
do a search on YYZ-YVR.

Not only will you get a complete breakdown, but it also shows how many AC R seats there are - which I thought was a closely guarded secret from AC elites?

Eearnings for a one way ticket in P class - 12342 redeemable miles, 4170 premier qualifying miles.

Do Aeroplan earnings even come close to these for SE?

On AC metal ffs.

Indeed. I'm actually surprised to see the fare bucket availability for AC domestic flights! Plus R space and also reward space (I and X). Very useful and some food for thought.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Jack Jia
I on the other hand charm the gate agents for OPUP even with a Tango fare. ;D
If true, more power to you.

If true, another reason why this S100K 2MM Y/P/Z/C/D/O/E/N AC spender should look elsewhere.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
do a search on YYZ-YVR.

R, are you sure you can see AC R when doing the search on United.

I have had United Expert Mode for many years never seen R or I seats on AC flights. Only revenue code availbilty.
For United flights yes. R, I, IN, O, ON.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad
If true, more power to you.

If true, another reason why this S100K 2MM Y/P/Z/C/D/O/E/N AC spender should look elsewhere.

What did AC/AE/Jazz/Air Georgian/BenS/BenL/Calin/FT.....me do that has you continually suggesting you "should look elsewhere?" I tried to PM you, your mailbox is always full.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 7:47 am
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

They filled up his mailbox.

With "one day only" promos.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KenHamer
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

They filled up his mailbox.

With "one day only" promos.
That would get me looking elsewhere as well
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by acysb87
That would get me looking elsewhere as well
Where would that be from Sudbury? Greyhound?
Or would you start collecting Bearskin Hunny Points?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:05 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
A grown man on a mileage run and lounge hopping to spite an airline.
Sorry buddy, I think you're on the wrong site - a big part of FT is dedicated to grown men and women milage running. But, welcome to FT.

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Just the type of customer no airline is eager to have on its Elite roster .... I'm sure AC is crushed to lose you.
Well, I did apologize.

I don't think you're fit to judge that either, given that neither you - or apparently AC based on my requests - know how much I spent on them, or how much business I brought. We have lots of lounge-hopping discussion here as well, of people switching between MLL and PP at YYZ - very common thing to do. You can't judge a lounge until you're inside and can see what it offers.

Last edited by Absolute; Jan 19, 2016 at 11:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.