Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fixed mileage flight availability

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2015, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Fixed mileage flight availability

I was looking at purchasing a flight with my aeroplan points from Toronto to a caribbean destination around Dec. 15th, return around Jan 6th. When i first checked, there was a flight available from the the 17th of Dec until the 6th, which was perfect for me. 60,000 points + $150.

I didn't act. The next day I check and voila, it's gone. I thought maybe they allocate more seats to be bought with fixed aeroplan mileage at a later date again, but I've been checking twice a day for 2 weeks and nothing. In fact, there seems to be less and less of them available in a given month with each passing day.

My question is, once a travel day is no longer available for purchase with fixed mileage, is it gone forever or is there a chance of it coming back at a later date?

THanks
Old Oct 28, 2015, 8:52 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Always a chance. It's between 0 and 100%, for those dates/flights closer to the lower end than the upper.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: AP SPG HH
You may want to re-think using AP. I just checked for flights to Barbados in Feb and March (AC has a fights on a 767 daily as well as flights out of Montreal Fri Sat Sun) and they want to send me to JFK then through Bogota, Colombia using Avianca! Time to get rid of my CIBC Aeroplan card.... BMO Elite is looking better and better.
What Island in the Caribbean are you considering?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: AC
To be honest, I'm surprised that you were able to find any availability for travel to the Caribbean over the Christmas holidays!
Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
You both are checking way way way too late. I'm pretty sure some of the Sat Jan2nd return flights are probably already booked solid.

I made some Aeroplan member happy this year as it's the first time in years we aren't going to the Caribbean for the holidays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.