FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Eurowings joins Aeroplan as new airline partner (2021: Eurowings Discover also added) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1719931-eurowings-joins-aeroplan-new-airline-partner-2021-eurowings-discover-also-added.html)

tcook052 Oct 27, 2015 9:46 pm

Eurowings joins Aeroplan as new airline partner (2021: Eurowings Discover also added)

https://www3.aeroplan.com/whats_new/...992_2015_10_26

As of October 25, 2015, Eurowings has joined the Aeroplan Program and is Aeroplan’s newest airline partner.

Eurowings is a low-cost airline based in Düsseldorf, Germany wholly owned by the Lufthansa Group. Eurowings offers service to several domestic and European destinations from its main hubs Düsseldorf and Hamburg.

Aeroplan Miles earned on all eligible Eurowings flights are also Air Canada Altitude™ Qualifying Miles, and each eligible Eurowings flight will also earn one Altitude Qualifying Segment. Altitude Qualifying Miles and Altitude Qualifying Segments count towards Air Canada Altitude status.

Star Alliance™ Gold and Silver Benefits are not extended by Eurowings.

Redemption on Eurowings is currently not offered

Find out how to earn miles aboard Eurowings right now.

Bonaventure Oct 28, 2015 8:54 am

I'm surprised there are no 0 earning classes! Not bad, might actually consider them for my short-hops in Europe, though the lack of alliance benefits is both unfortunate and unsurprising.

D404 Oct 28, 2015 9:50 am

Cool, I had wondered about this.

I guess it matches their Germanwings partnership (which I have collected on 6 flights this year).

sokolov Oct 28, 2015 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by D404 (Post 25627879)
Cool, I had wondered about this.

I guess it matches their Germanwings partnership (which I have collected on 6 flights this year).

Eurowings is replacing Germanwings.

YUL Oct 29, 2015 8:55 am

Originally Posted by sokolov (Post 25631272)

So, on Eurowings award tickets, what are you expecting the scamcharges to be; similar to Germanwings?

D404 Oct 29, 2015 9:09 am

Originally Posted by sokolov (Post 25631272)

Right, I wasn't aware, since they currently co-exist. I guess it makes sense, given recent events.

Originally Posted by YUL (Post 25633083)
So, on Eurowings award tickets, what are you expecting the scamcharges to be; similar to Germanwings?

Do they even offer this currently? I can't find any availability at all, and the original press release for the addition of Germanwings said they weren't (as does the Eurowings PR).

echino Oct 29, 2015 11:11 am

Originally Posted by YUL (Post 25633083)

Earn only, no redemptions. Same as Germanwings currently.

24left Jul 27, 2021 9:28 am

QUOTE:
  • Air Canada Aeroplan has added Eurowings Discover as an airline partner. It’s owned by Lufthansa Group but isn’t part of Star Alliance. This is their ‘premium leisure’ brand with meals and lie flat business class.

Source: https://viewfromthewing.com/this-cou...grams-undoing/

EDIT TO ADD info from Aeroplan partner page (general page)

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/.../partners.html

About Eurowings Discover

Eurowings Discover is the new leisure carrier of the Lufthansa Group based in Frankfurt, Germany. It serves several international destinations in Africa, North America, the Indian Ocean and the Caribbean.

Earning Aeroplan points with Eurowings Discover

• Earn points when you purchase an eligible booking class and travel on flights operated by Eurowings Discover. Some exceptions may apply.
  • Earn Aeroplan points on all eligible Eurowings Discover flights, as well as Status Qualifying Miles and a Status Qualifying Segment that count towards Aeroplan Elite Status. Status Qualifying Dollars are earned on Eurowings Discover flights ticketed by Air Canada.
  • Always keep your ticket and boarding pass until the points have been credited to your account. If the points for a recent flight have not been credited, you can request the missing points up to 12 months from the flight date.
  • Points are earned based on actual miles flown multiplied by the associated booking class accumulation percentage or the minimum points rule.
  • For additional information, please refer to the Terms and Conditions.

Minimum points earned

• For distances flown up to 249 miles, Aeroplan Elite Status Members earn a minimum of 250 Aeroplan points and SQM multiplied by the % of miles flown as indicated for eligible booking classes.
  • For example, a booking class which earns 100% of miles flown will earn 250 points, whereas a booking class which earns 50% of miles flown will earn 125 points.
  • Aeroplan Members who do not hold Elite Status will earn points based on the actual distance flown and the booking class purchased.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...744dd25de9.png

Did not see a more recent thread

MikeAlphaTango Nov 6, 2022 6:46 am

Eurowings / Aeroplan mileage

Flew Eurowings 2 weeks ago for the first time from Stockholm to Malaga.
Tried to claim missing mileage on the Aeroplan site but stumbled on the first item of the form.
It asks for the ticket number. For whatever reasons, just cannot find it anywhere. Not on the booking confirmation, not on the boarding pass.
Has anybody encountered this? Any solutions ? Thanks

D404 Nov 6, 2022 8:28 am

You could try looking at your credit card statement online, usually it will show the ticket number under 'more details' when you click it.

You could also try shoving your boarding pass through a PDF417 code reader - but looking at one of my old Eurowings BPs, the ticket number is all zeroes... granted, it is from 2016.

FWIW, I do remember back when Aeroplan was separate from AC, Eurowings and Germanwings retroclaims had to be done manually (with uploaded scans of BPs), and even then, I failed to get some posted. Not sure if it's improve in the following 6 years... :)

bambinomartino Nov 6, 2022 2:34 pm

Just saw this thread. This past June I was able, for the first time ever, to fly from VAR to YEG on one ticket, with two 3-hour connections in FRA and YUL Until now, it was always a multi-day affair with a sleepover, or risky combinations on separate tickets with Wizz and airport changes (never tried it). Thank you Eurowings Discover! And Aeroplan, cash fare was ridiculous.

ajcopley Jan 6, 2023 9:16 am

Me personally, not sure I'm a fan of Lufthansa swapping out it's daily YVR <-> FRA service over to Eurowings Discover. Correct me if I'm wrong, but EW doesn't recognize my Aeroplan SE status at all, right? At least when the route was on Lufthansa, I'd get SOME recognition and benefits being Star Alliance Gold (free baggage, priority boarding, lounge access, and SOMETIMES (rarely, but it did happen), even an upgrade to biz class).

But I assuming I get none of this now that it's operated by EW Discover -- no recognition at all of my status. Right?