Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bring back boarding music!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2015, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
[QUOTE=Maserati;25623784]I like the music they play in the washrooms on Air New Zealand. Gets louder when you lock the door. The fake bookshelf wall paper is also quite entertaining.

I guess it gets louder so you can mask all those organic reverberations that emanate I guess.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by lespoir
Guess I really miss boarding/deplaning music. Lately I had a trip to Asia, with four airlines: United, Asiana, ANA, and Air Canada. The boarding musics from all the three airlines fondly reminded me of the good old days, more than sentimental feeling, including flying Air Canada over 10-15 years ago, when ACTV music was played at boarding while I was looking for my economic class seat.

Asiana is using Bach baroque concertos, and ANA seems to use Japanese melodies. I do not particularly enjoy the choices of loud United musics, but still a great nostalgic feeling. I also quite enjoy Lufthansa's lounge music.

Many people do not care about AC boarding music, but I'd love to see Air Canada re-introduce it.
Oh please gawd no!! Would you want to listen to it everyday at least twice a day?

I absolutely despised the music and there were many a day where I wished I had a horribly rusty pointy object to smash my eardrums with. On many occasions I got of the plane and opted to take the next one that would be a smaller plane with no boarding muzak!

The only way I would get on a plane with that gawd awful stuff playing is if pax were permitted to board wearing earphones, then i could listen to my own music and not be subject to the same repetitive stuff over and over again.

I also feel bad for the crew, I would consider having to work in such an environment over and over again to be a form cruel and unusual punishment and to be a hostile work environment.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 1:09 pm

Perhaps boarding music on widebodies only could be a good compromise. Should spare the commuters the agony. AC never played its slideshows on narrowbodies IIRC.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
LO uses Chopin inspired (no surprise) variations... Op 10 No 3 E Maj etude comes to mind. I love that piece.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
YVR MLL lounge music as boarding music?

I actually really like the lounge music currently played at YVR Maple Leaf Lounge (International Departure).

Just wonder if Air Canada will plan to restart boarding musics and these musics are good for boarding.

Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:02 am

There should be separate music, uplifting and heavenly, for those of us in zone 1. We shouldn't have to listen to the same music as for lesser boarding zones.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
There should be separate music, uplifting and heavenly, for those of us in zone 1. We shouldn't have to listen to the same music as for lesser boarding zones.
You mean the new hold music as opposed to the old?
Old Aug 6, 2018, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
But what happens if a Zone 1er boards near last?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by yyznomad
But what happens if a Zone 1er boards near last?
I would expect dynamic adjustments based on Status and fare paid.

But knowing AC IT, I'd be surprised if there's any music playing at all.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I would expect dynamic adjustments based on Status and fare paid.

But knowing AC IT, I'd be surprised if there's any music playing at all.
I vote that Khachaturian's "Sabre Dance" be played during the boarding process.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: *$ Green
ワーイキュビに行ってか。
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ワーイキュビに行ってか。
Maybe. You?

I was also thinking instead of Sabre Dance, Mussorgsky's "Night on Bald Mountain" might work too for the boarding music.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
EVA sponsors the Evergreen Symphony Orchestra;
The orchestra is featured by bringing up talented Taiwanese players and promoting Taiwanese folk music. Two of the many performances of ESO is on EVA's boarding, approach, and disembarkation background music, accompanying the shots of Taiwan on the PTV's and overhead screens during boarding

Perhaps one day Air Canada will sponsor a similar group in Canada or even some regional community orchestras and use their music as EVA does. If one has experienced the classy EVA method, one need not worry about muzak or boredom or pain etc.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
I like the ANA boarding music.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GcFh9OuEYXU
Another Sky by Taro Hakase is the ANA boarding music. I fly ANA a few times each year and really enjoy hearing it, especially when I land in Asia! The track can be purchased on iTunes. I purchased it and listen to it on all my flights as I find it relaxing.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: AC*A
Originally Posted by capebretonboy
Another Sky by Taro Hakase is the ANA boarding music. I fly ANA a few times each year and really enjoy hearing it, especially when I land in Asia! The track can be purchased on iTunes. I purchased it and listen to it on all my flights as I find it relaxing.
I rather enjoy it as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.