Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Status Recognition on Reward Travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2015, 5:32 pm
alc
Original Poster

From the The Altitude Report‏ that I just received.

We want every trip you take to be a smooth one. To ensure that you’re able to get the most out of your Altitude status when travelling on an Aeroplan Flight Reward redemption ticket, please be sure to include your Aeroplan Number when completing your web, mobile or kiosk check-in. This way, you can count on an enhanced travel experience from beginning to end.

Continue reading >

and here are contents from the link:

Ensure smooth travelling with your Altitude status
October 22, 2015

We want every trip you take to be a smooth one. To ensure that you’re able to get the most out of your AltitudeTM status when travelling on an Aeroplan® Flight Reward redemption ticket, please be sure to include your Aeroplan number when completing your web, mobile or kiosk check-in.

Even if your ticket was not redeemed from your own Aeroplan account, you will be able to update your frequent traveller number in order to ensure your Altitude status appears on your reservation.

This way, you can enjoy all the privileges you are entitled to as an Altitude member, such as complimentary baggage allowance, priority check-in, correct boarding zone allocations, and more.
So, those agents that make up their own rules better read this
Old Oct 22, 2015, 5:42 pm

When does the divorce of Aeroplan and Air Canada come to an end?

Wow, they're now sniping in public.....
Old Oct 22, 2015, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
It's about time. Until now it's been impossible even for an agent to enter one's AE/Altitude number onto a booking made with someone else's miles. A most welcome "enhancement".
Old Oct 22, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
It's about time. Until now it's been impossible even for an agent to enter one's AE/Altitude number onto a booking made with someone else's miles. A most welcome "enhancement".
Not only that, on my OWN bookings my status never showed.

Took 30 minutes to check in on a reward ticket in my name in FLL because they had to override the baggage rules 3 times.

I will be testing this out in about 2 weeks
Old Oct 22, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Marriott Plat, Natl Exec, NEXUS
Originally Posted by lcohen999
Not only that, on my OWN bookings my status never showed.

Took 30 minutes to check in on a reward ticket in my name in FLL because they had to override the baggage rules 3 times.

I will be testing this out in about 2 weeks
Please let us know how it goes. This was one that BenL had indicated was being worked on earlier this year (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24520561-post36.html) and this would be nice if this was fixed, even if it means having to enter at check in.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 7:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Uh, so I just flew on an Aeroplan ticket today, and it had my Aeroplan number on it, and yet... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...an-ticket.html

If they don't fill in the FQTV, you CANNOT take advantage of all the benefits of your status.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 8:58 am

Wait so how do I do this?

Old Oct 24, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Can I enter other *A FFP number on the reservation? This would be helpful when flying domestic Y with *A Gold.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Jma12
Can I enter other *A FFP number on the reservation? This would be helpful when flying domestic Y with *A Gold.
As far as I can tell, you can't enter ANY number, period.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:31 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
hmmm I see. Aeroplan failed again , but that's not surprising.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: AC SE
Another AC IT fail. I wonder if it may only apply to tickets booked after the change - maybe it's something with the booking itself? Or maybe it's just another IT feature that doesn't work.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!

Even if your ticket was not redeemed from your own Aeroplan account, you will be able to update your frequent traveller number in order to ensure your Altitude status appears on your reservation.

100% fabrication. Every Aeroplan ticket I've ever booked I've had agents tell me (usually not in a nice way), "YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOUR FREQUENT FLYER NUMBER THIS IS AN AWARD TICKET!!!"

They think I'm trying to steal miles on it or something.

So yeah. Have to manually show the *G card for lounge access, priority boarding, check-in, everything.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 11:21 am

One useful fact is that if your flights are on UA metal, you can change the FF number from united.com and then get all your UA elite bennies, including CPUs.

I typically use AE points when booking UA less than 21 days out to avoid their close-in booking fee.

Cheers
Old Oct 24, 2015, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by keitherson
100% fabrication. Every Aeroplan ticket I've ever booked I've had agents tell me (usually not in a nice way), "YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOUR FREQUENT FLYER NUMBER THIS IS AN AWARD TICKET!!!"

They think I'm trying to steal miles on it or something.

So yeah. Have to manually show the *G card for lounge access, priority boarding, check-in, everything.
Uh, you realize this was an announcement for things in the future, right?

Something new. Like, wouldn't apply to tickets a week ago.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Uh, you realize this was an announcement for things in the future, right?

Something new. Like, wouldn't apply to tickets a week ago.
Oh

I am all for it then..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.