Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread: CIBC Aeroplan credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master thread: CIBC Aeroplan credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
The link is here.

FYF on both aeropeso and Aventura business cards. Maybe get both.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yscleo
The link is here.

FYF on both aeropeso and Aventura business cards. Maybe get both.
Anyone know if CIBC allows for product switches between biz credit cards and still gives enrolment points/fyf for product that is switched to?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by jubberly
Minimum limit on the Aerogold biz is perhaps,$5k....maybe they calculated your TDS as being too high with all the "potential debt" you could have with the credits cards you have. Your debt utiliztaion might be good....but TDS might be a tad high.
Hmm, perhaps. What's a "safe" TDS for applications in general (which I could plausibly control by "manipulating" my income a bit)?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 1:34 pm

CIBC biz aerogold has a new promo! FYF 20,000 points upon 1st use(no minimum) AND and additional 5,000 if you make a purchase(no minimum) within 1st 6 statement cycles.See their website for details....

WOW.....5,000 point more than the offer I applied for mid-October! DOH!

Hmmmm.....maybe I should cancel after I get the 20k aeroplan points of my offer and re-apply?? hehehe
I JUST applied last week (Oct 28)
Gonna call in once the card arrives to see if they will give me extra 5K
otherwise, cancel and re-apply or apply for #2

https://www.cibc.com/ca/small-busine...d-for-bus.html
Old Nov 3, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Anyone know if CIBC allows for product switches between biz credit cards and still gives enrolment points/fyf for product that is switched to?
For personal cards, they do allow product switches, and you also get the bonus points, at least I did before.

Hmm, so if you get the ae business, and the av bus, to get the bonus for both,
then do product switches of each other and get bonus,
...^
Old Nov 3, 2015, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyer05
Hmm, perhaps. What's a "safe" TDS for applications in general (which I could plausibly control by "manipulating" my income a bit)?
I've read that under 40% is what lenders look for.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 3:51 pm

They will not give additional 5K... I just called... so have to put in a 2nd application
Old Nov 3, 2015, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DealAddict
They will not give additional 5K... I just called... so have to put in a 2nd application
Thanks for letting us know.

I'll pass on submitting a new app after having just got approved a couple of weeks ago....especially since I'm waiting for the 20k points to be credited!

Excerpt from their Terms

Offer may be revoked if you appear to be manipulating or abusing it, or are engaged in any suspicious or fraudulent activity, as determined by CIBC in its sole discretion. Offer may be withdrawn or changed without notice at any time.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

For personal cards, they do allow product switches, and you also get the bonus points, at least I did before.

Hmm, so if you get the ae business, and the av bus, to get the bonus for both,
...^
Hmmm...thinking of switching to their fyf,20k points biz adventura,after I receive the 20k aeroplan enrolment points......cause,you know,its so difficult to find an aeroplan flight availability and the blasted aeroplan site is always on the fritz....LOL!

I just "got" the meaning of the ditty....haha,nice one!!

Last edited by jubberly; Nov 3, 2015 at 4:18 pm Reason: the penny dropped
Old Nov 3, 2015, 6:34 pm

Thanks for letting us know.

I'll pass on submitting a new app after having just got approved a couple of weeks ago....especially since I'm waiting for the 20k points to be credited!

Excerpt from their Terms

Offer may be revoked if you appear to be manipulating or abusing it, or are engaged in any suspicious or fraudulent activity, as determined by CIBC in its sole discretion. Offer may be withdrawn or changed without notice at any time.

Well, their client service rep said it is totally fine to apply for a second card that is the same ...they are not unaware of it, so I do not think this excerpt applies. It's more an issue of seeking too much credit at once or too many inquiries perhaps... I told them I'd be okay though if they split the 5K between 2 cards, so maybe that's what they'll do. If I get declined, lesson learned, I guess... I think it was a bit soon and I might get declined, but who knows...
Old Nov 3, 2015, 7:34 pm

Well, their client service rep said it is totally fine to apply for a second card that is the same ...they are not unaware of it, so I do not think this excerpt applies. It's more an issue of seeking too much credit at once or too many inquiries perhaps... I told them I'd be okay though if they split the 5K between 2 cards, so maybe that's what they'll do. If I get declined, lesson learned, I guess... I think it was a bit soon and I might get declined, but who knows...
CIBC Aerogold requires $5K minimum limit, so you can't really split it officially
2 cards = total of $10K
Old Nov 3, 2015, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by jerryhung
CIBC Aerogold requires $5K minimum limit, so you can't really split it officially
2 cards = total of $10K
I know that's what it says on paper, but the rep said they might... not sure they are just clueless and don't know what they are talking about. I really should have waited a bit, but oh well
Old Nov 3, 2015, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

The excerpt was specifically re.the bonus points and fyf offers...which i suspect means that they won't entertain churner's.

For me....I'm not interested in being a loyal customer.It's Wam Bam,thank you Ma'am....next please!
Old Nov 4, 2015, 4:47 am

The excerpt was specifically re.the bonus points and fyf offers...which i suspect means that they won't entertain churner's.

For me....I'm not interested in being a loyal customer.It's Wam Bam,thank you Ma'am....next please!
Hm, well, I don't think it will be an issue. I asked them about the 25K offer, and they said I'd have to reapply... I asked them if I could apply for a 2nd card; and they said no issue... No mention of not getting the bonus. of course, if people start getting 10 cards, they might enforce this. But for 2 seems to be ok.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Air Miles
Where at YYZ did you get that?
sorry for late reply and this might have been taken care of. I was flying transborder at T1.. after you clear the US customs or whatever, and you go down the escalator, it is to your right.. just next to a place that sells ICE wine. the booth had 3 staff and is along a wall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.