Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Master thread: CIBC Aeroplan credit cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master thread: CIBC Aeroplan credit cards

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2022, 8:15 pm

My April SQM didn't post as well... First time that's ever happened. I'll probably wait and see if it resolves itself when the May statement posts before calling in.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Thanks CIBC :)

Nice little 7,500 miles bonus landed in my inbox!
REGISTER TO EARN 10X THE AEROPLAN POINTS
Register now and earn 10X the points1 on eligible Air Canada® flights, as well as select car rentals, hotels, and rail tickets to round out your trip, when you use your CIBC Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card to a maximum of 7,500 Aeroplan points.

Hurry, offer ends May 31, 2022.

Must be feeling the heat from a similar, but more generous Amex promo (although that’s restricted to new cardholders on select cards).
Old Apr 18, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Register now and earn 10X the points1 on eligible Air Canada® flights, as well as select car rentals, hotels, and rail tickets to round out your trip, when you use your CIBC Aeroplan® Visa Infinite* Card to a maximum of 7,500 Aeroplan points.

Must be feeling the heat from a similar, but more generous Amex promo (although that’s restricted to new cardholders on select cards).
Any chance you have a link? I have a CIBC Infinite Visa card too... haven't seen anything in my inbox that looks like this...
Old Apr 18, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Cerberus
Any chance you have a link? I have a CIBC Infinite Visa card too... haven't seen anything in my inbox that looks like this...
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...bc-travel.html

1 10X offer consists of receiving 10 times the Aeroplan points, based on the earn rate applicable to your Account’s base earn and/or your multiplier earn on Eligible Travel Purchases, to a maximum incremental earn of 7,500 Aeroplan points. To qualify for the offer, you must [click on the “Register now” button above by May 31, 2022 to activate your offer and then] make a purchase with your CIBC Aeroplan® credit card between the date you have activated this offer and May 31, 2022 (the “10X Offer Period”) at merchants that are classified in the Visa network as airlines, car rental agencies, travel agencies/ tour operators, hotels, cruise lines, tour buses/bus lines, local/suburban commuter passenger transportation, ferries, local water transportation, railways, limousines/cabs ("Eligible Travel Purchases").Eligible Travel Purchases must be posted to your CIBC Aeroplan® credit card account ("Account") by June 7, 2022 to be eligible for an award. You can earn up to a maximum of 7,500 incremental Aeroplan points as compared to your base earn and/or regular multiplier earn, as applicable.

The incremental 10X earn will be applicable to your Account’s base earn and/or your multiplier earn on travel themed purchases where applicable. Eligible Travel Purchases do not include fees, cash advances, balance transfers, CIBC Global Money Transfers™, cash like transactions, interest charges, optional services, refunds, rebates or other similar credits.

Offer may be changed, withdrawn or extended at any time, without notice. Offer is only available to the recipient of this communication and is non-transferable, cannot be combined with any other CIBC or Aeroplan offer, and is not redeemable for cash.

Your account must be open and in good standing at the time the Aeroplan points are awarded. Offer may be revoked if you appear to be manipulating or abusing it, or are engaged in any suspicious or fraudulent activity, as determined by CIBC in its sole discretion. Please allow up to 8-10 weeks after the 10X Offer Period ends to receive the Aeroplan points earned under the offer.
kalderlake and Swiftler like this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
The link is personalized to me when I accept as it sends me an email.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 7:21 pm

Programs: AC SE, Shangri-La & IHG Diamond, & Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Yes I also got a confirmation email from Aeroplan for registering this promo. I also have CIBC VIP card and I didn’t receive this promo.
somedude3210 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by laner
My April SQM didn't post as well... First time that's ever happened. I'll probably wait and see if it resolves itself when the May statement posts before calling in.
So guys, I called CIBC and Aeroplan today as I didn’t receive the bonus SQM. It is called Status Boost Qualification.

I called CIBC back and this time the agent put me with the supervisor, he said they have no way of accessing my Aeroplan account to find out about SQM and assured me this falls under Aeroplan. I would have to call them.

I called Aeroplan and explain the whole situation, the agent referred the missing SQM as the monthly “Status Boost Promotion”. Reason it is delayed because of the long weekend and they count today as a holiday, as their Aeroplan office is located in Quebec. They are aware that there’s a delay and working on whole batch of Status Boost Promotion SQMs. Told me it should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday.

FYI.
laner likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:23 am

Originally Posted by Swiftler
So guys, I called CIBC and Aeroplan today as I didn’t receive the bonus SQM. It is called Status Boost Qualification.

I called CIBC back and this time the agent put me with the supervisor, he said they have no way of accessing my Aeroplan account to find out about SQM and assured me this falls under Aeroplan. I would have to call them.

I called Aeroplan and explain the whole situation, the agent referred the missing SQM as the monthly “Status Boost Promotion”. Reason it is delayed because of the long weekend and they count today as a holiday, as their Aeroplan office is located in Quebec. They are aware that there’s a delay and working on whole batch of Status Boost Promotion SQMs. Told me it should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday.

FYI.
So my monthly Status Boost SQM just got posted.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 7:22 pm

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
Additional Cardholder Benefits

I have looked around and can’t find the answer. I know it’s an addition fee for another cardholder.
what benefits do the addition cardholders actually get?
CIBC Aeroplan VIP

thanks
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: AC 75K

has anyone received the points?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bindy Johal
has anyone received the points?
nothing here….expecting 7500
Old Jun 17, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by bcard519
I have looked around and can’t find the answer. I know it’s an addition fee for another cardholder.
what benefits do the addition cardholders actually get?
CIBC Aeroplan VIP

thanks
Based on the benefits guide I found on cibc's site:
  • You, authorized users and up to 8 companions travelling on the same reservation (up to a maximum of 9 travellers) will all enjoy your first checked bag free (up to 23kg/50lb) when your travel originates on an Air Canada flight, every time you fly.
  • Baggage for you, authorized users and up to 8 companions travelling on the same reservation (up to a maximum of 9 travellers) will be tagged priority
  • You, authorized users and up to 8 companions travelling on the same reservation (up to a maximum of 9 travellers) will enjoy the convenience of Priority Check-in
  • better access to seats on standby (ie. better than equivalent status w/o the card)
  • higher priority for upgrades (better than equivalent status w/o the card)
  • you and your authorized users will enjoy access to select Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges and Air Canada Cafés in North America. Each of you can even bring a guest
  • With your complimentary Priority Pass Membership, you are entitled to 6 lounge visits annually at 1,300+ airport lounges around the globe per enrolled cardholder
  • priority boarding (zone 2)
Old Jun 25, 2022, 2:33 am

Programs: AC 75K
nothing here….expecting 7500
likewise. Still nothing
Old Jun 26, 2022, 12:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Originally Posted by somedude3210
Based on the benefits guide I found on cibc's site:
  • You, authorized users and up to 8 companions travelling on the same reservation (up to a maximum of 9 travellers) will all enjoy your first checked bag free (up to 23kg/50lb) when your travel originates on an Air Canada flight, every time you fly.
  • Baggage for you, authorized users and up to 8 companions travelling on the same reservation (up to a maximum of 9 travellers) will be tagged priority
  • You, authorized users and up to 8 companions travelling on the same reservation (up to a maximum of 9 travellers) will enjoy the convenience of Priority Check-in
  • better access to seats on standby (ie. better than equivalent status w/o the card)
  • higher priority for upgrades (better than equivalent status w/o the card)
  • you and your authorized users will enjoy access to select Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges and Air Canada Cafés in North America. Each of you can even bring a guest
  • With your complimentary Priority Pass Membership, you are entitled to 6 lounge visits annually at 1,300+ airport lounges around the globe per enrolled cardholder
  • priority boarding (zone 2)
Priority Pass is ending June 30th being replaced by Visa Airport Companion
https://www.visa.ca/en_ca/visa-offer...7?locale=en_ca
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:39 pm

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Received the bonus 7500 points dated June 27.

Last edited by beastmaster; Jun 28, 2022 at 8:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.