Wiki Posts
Search

Link AP / revenue PNR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2015, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE
Link AP / revenue PNR

Has anyone tried to link (not merge) an AP domestic PNR to a revenue international PNR. Legal connection and all just wouldn't mind having a note on file to link.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Any two or more PNR's can have cross references added but in the end they are just notations and not automated system actionable items.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
I'm flying back from YMM through YYC to YYZ and then YGK on Oct 8th on a paid PNR. My wife and daughter are flying with me from YYC onward on Aeroplan tickets and I called the SE desk and they gladly linked them, but said they could not move them up to sit with me. I could have gone to the back of the bus if I wanted though.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 5:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SearsTower
I'm flying back from YMM through YYC to YYZ and then YGK on Oct 8th on a paid PNR. My wife and daughter are flying with me from YYC onward on Aeroplan tickets and I called the SE desk and they gladly linked them, but said they could not move them up to sit with me. I could have gone to the back of the bus if I wanted though.
Up to J, or up to a preferred seat?

If the latter, I'd try again at the airport.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 10:06 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Preferred seat. I will be be trying again
Old Sep 24, 2015, 10:14 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by SearsTower
Preferred seat. I will be be trying again
Call the concierge. They've done it for me when travelling with a friend who's seat I IKK'd before heading to the airport.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Call the concierge. They've done it for me when travelling with a friend who's seat I IKK'd before heading to the airport.
This.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:53 pm

The concierge isn't going to help before day of departure.

Even if you're checked in, if you're flying "tomorrow", they're likely going to transfer you to the SE desk at reservations.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
The concierge isn't going to help before day of departure.

Even if you're checked in, if you're flying "tomorrow", they're likely going to transfer you to the SE desk at reservations.
You seem to have much more concierge experience than I... however, I can say that I've been helped by the concierge in such scenarios before day of departure...
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
You seem to have much more concierge experience than I... however, I can say that I've been helped by the concierge in such scenarios before day of departure...
Was this before or after they moved to the call center?

I wanted to do a SDC (or have them note it so they could do it when the system allowed it*), so I called in. I was checked in, but it was day before my flight.

I couldn't get three words in before she transferred me after realizing my flight was "tomorrow". And of course reservations couldn't do anything because the purpose of the SDC was to extend my stay in YVR (on a YYZ-YVR-SFO itinerary) to greater than 4 hours.

*I once emailed the YVR concierge to ask about standby a couple weeks ahead of my flight. They said it could be done. I called back the day of the flight, and they said "Oh Mr. Cow, yes, we already put you on standby." They'd actually recorded that I had requested it, and processed it as soon as it was possible.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was this before or after they moved to the call center?

I wanted to do a SDC (or have them note it so they could do it when the system allowed it*), so I called in. I was checked in, but it was day before my flight.

I couldn't get three words in before she transferred me after realizing my flight was "tomorrow". And of course reservations couldn't do anything because the purpose of the SDC was to extend my stay in YVR (on a YYZ-YVR-SFO itinerary) to greater than 4 hours.

*I once emailed the YVR concierge to ask about standby a couple weeks ahead of my flight. They said it could be done. I called back the day of the flight, and they said "Oh Mr. Cow, yes, we already put you on standby." They'd actually recorded that I had requested it, and processed it as soon as it was possible.
After the lame call centre was imposed - that was original assumption based on your post.

Don't get me wrong though - I had to call back more than once to get what I needed done by the concierge before day of departure.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
After the lame call centre was imposed - that was original assumption based on your post.

Don't get me wrong though - I had to call back more than once to get what I needed done by the concierge before day of departure.
Ahhhh HUCA

My new strategy is to just call right after midnight.

Or send an email. It's always harder to say no via email, because they KNOW you'll have a record of it.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ahhhh HUCA

My new strategy is to just call right after midnight.

Or send an email. It's always harder to say no via email, because they KNOW you'll have a record of it.
Yeah, unfortunately, DWIT involves effort but when I did that, I was hell bent on getting it done in advance. I never said getting concierge help was easy, but once concierged helped, it was easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.