Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLL Lounge access as arrival lounge benefit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MLL Lounge access as arrival lounge benefit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: status-free
Originally Posted by canadiancow
E50K and up can access the domestic lounge upon arriving at airports in Canada. Spouse, children, and one guest.
Do you know if this has changed recently? The official policy says "Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K and Elite 50K members as well as their qualifying guests may access the domestic Maple Leaf Lounges at airports in Canada and the U.S. upon arriving on an Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada Express flight", but a dragon told me (75K) last month that guests are no longer allowed to use the MLL as an arrivals lounge.

Is this now true? What is a "qualifying guest"?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by biglinguist
Do you know if this has changed recently? The official policy says "Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K and Elite 50K members as well as their qualifying guests may access the domestic Maple Leaf Lounges at airports in Canada and the U.S. upon arriving on an Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada Express flight", but a dragon told me (75K) last month that guests are no longer allowed to use the MLL as an arrivals lounge.

From https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...f-lounges.html

Qualifying Customers

Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K and Elite 50K Members

Relax in the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge as you wait for your Air Canada, Air Canada Express, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada codeshare flight, or for a flight with one of our Star Alliance partners, in any class of service.

In addition, you may access the domestic Maple Leaf Lounges at airports in Canada and the U.S. upon arriving on an Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada Express flight.

Your domestic partner, dependent children, as well as one guest are invited to join you at no charge.

Fees for each additional guest who wishes to join you are as follows:

Frankfurt and Paris lounges: €25 euros
London Heathrow departures lounge: 25£ (GBP)

All other Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges:

Before 11 am: $15.00 - $18.00 CAD/USD*
After 11 am: $25.00 - $30.00 CAD/USD*

Kindly present a valid same-day ticket or boarding pass, for an eligible flight (as indicated above) for you and your guests. You may also be asked to present your Altitude membership card.

* Fee is inclusive of the minimum (0%) to maximum (20%) tax which may apply, based on your itinerary.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

Which date, time, and lounge was this?

I am asking because I was once questioned by a MLL agent who I didn't recognise and was advised that I was NOT allowed to use the domestic departures MLL with a same-day arrival BP (that is, a BP for a flight that I just finished flying on at the destination airport). She then looked at her colleagues who acknowledged that I was correct. The simplest thing she could have done was simply scan my BP and see if the tells me to go take a hike. I have a feeling this was a temporary fill-in agent because I haven't seen them since at that MLL.

Anyway, I have guested, as an arrivee, a departee... but have never tried guesting an arrivee as an arrivee.

Last edited by yyznomad; Sep 1, 2017 at 7:20 pm Reason: Was missing the most important word... "NOT"
Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: AC S100K, SPG, etc., NEXUS, GOES
If I terminate international at YYZ without a connection is there any way to get into the domestic lounge for a shower?
It would be nice to clean up without having to buy a day pass to the health club.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jrlevine
If I terminate international at YYZ without a connection is there any way to get into the domestic lounge for a shower?
It would be nice to clean up without having to buy a day pass to the health club.
Unfortunately, not. Once through customs and after your retrieve your luggage, your are spit back out into ground side. You would need an onward domestic boarding pass to gain access to the domestic MLL. There is no airside connection transfer from international to domestic at YYZ T1.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 11:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad

I am asking because I was once questioned by a MLL agent who I didn't recognise and was advised that I was NOT allowed to use the domestic departures MLL with a same-day arrival BP (that is, a BP for a flight that I just finished flying on at the destination airport). She then looked at her colleagues who acknowledged that I was correct. The simplest thing she could have done was simply scan my BP and see if the tells me to go take a hike. I have a feeling this was a temporary fill-in agent because I haven't seen them since at that MLL.

Anyway, I have guested, as an arrivee, a departee... but have never tried guesting an arrivee as an arrivee.
One time I flew YYZ-YVR in J with a UA*G.

I tried to guest him in.

They were having none of it.

The agent called a supervisor.

He came, and told me, very explicitly, that I was allowed in (mind you, I was connecting, so I was arriving and departing, but my guest was just arriving), but my guest was not.

I was not impressed.

But this specific problem was solved.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was not impressed.

But this specific problem was solved.
...and how was this solved?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
...and how was this solved?
By removing the "no MLL" flag from his profile
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

By removing the "no MLL" flag from his profile
Ok, but this isn't apples to apples regarding biglinguist's question

I doubt his/her guest has a "no MLL" flag in their profile.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: status-free
YYZ domestic, Aug 18, about 9 pm.

I guess I'll print out the page that 24left cites and carry it with me...
Old Sep 2, 2017, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

YYZ domestic, Aug 18, about 9 pm.

I guess I'll print out the page that 24left cites and carry it with me...
Ok but the MLL agent works at the airport, and the printout doesn't.

But this is partially my fault anyway.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: IHG Gold
I rarely fly into YYZ on a domestic flight, but did so yesterday (J ticket, 2nd portion of a TPE-YVR-YYZ flight).

Wanted to use domestic lounge on arrival for first time and was queried as to whether or not I had an additional connecting flight to make. Said no, and that I had understood I did have access to the domestic lounge on arrival. Was allowed access but the general demeanour at the desk seemed to be they were doing be a one off favour as an exception. I got the feeling they did not like allowing access.

Is this the norm?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by mapleg
I rarely fly into YYZ on a domestic flight, but did so yesterday (J ticket, 2nd portion of a TPE-YVR-YYZ flight).

Wanted to use domestic lounge on arrival for first time and was queried as to whether or not I had an additional connecting flight to make. Said no, and that I had understood I did have access to the domestic lounge on arrival. Was allowed access but the general demeanour at the desk seemed to be they were doing be a one off favour as an exception. I got the feeling they did not like allowing access.

Is this the norm?
Sometimes it's helpful to have this readily available on your phone:

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...f-lounges.html

Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K and Elite 50K Members

Relax in the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge as you wait for your Air Canada, Air Canada Express, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada codeshare flight, or for a flight with one of our Star Alliance partners, in any class of service.

In addition, you may access the domestic Maple Leaf Lounges at airports in Canada and the U.S. upon arriving on an Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada Express flight.

Your domestic partner, up to 5 dependent children*, as well as one guest are invited to join you at no charge.

Fees for each additional guest who wishes to join you are as follows:
  • Frankfurt lounge: €29.75 (EUR)*
  • Paris lounge: €30 (EUR)*
  • London Heathrow Departures lounge: £25 (GBP)*
  • All other Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges:
    • Before 11 am: $20.00 - $24.00 CAD/USD**
    • After 11 am: $30.00 - $36.00 CAD/USD**
Kindly present a valid same-day ticket or boarding pass, for an eligible flight (as indicated above) for you and your guests. You may also be asked to present your Altitude membership card.

* A dependent child is under the age of 25, part of the family unit and still financially dependent on the Air Canada Altitude Super Elite 100K/ Elite 75K/ Elite 50K member). Air Canada reserve the right to, at any time, request proof of age for dependent children.
** Fee is inclusive of the minimum (0%) to maximum (20%) tax which may apply, based on your itinerary.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Thanks CanRulez0151--I will do exactly that.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: AC e75K, *G, SPG/MR PPE
Originally Posted by mapleg

Is this the norm?
Anytime I've used that benefit they've definitely acted like they were doing me a favour - I've had to pop in to the YYZ DOM MLL to make a call or to finish up & send out some documents after late flights and they act like I'm somehow inconveniencing them by using an advertised benefit. At EWR she said it was only available for E75K & up, but I just needed to use the washroom (the lines were about 50 people long that day) and she was ok with that so I didn't have to pull out my phone & the webdsite to prove her wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.