Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLL Lounge access as arrival lounge benefit

MLL Lounge access as arrival lounge benefit

Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Just trying to understand how a connecting flight gets into the consideration of an arrival lounge
I have seen dozens of posts in this forum with people asking about arrival lounge access when they have a connection, either because they don't know any better, or they're connecting J to Y.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Access to Arrivals Lounge at T2 when connecting to BA Flight in T5

Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Just trying to understand how a connecting flight gets into the consideration of an arrival lounge
I had a similar question and hoping to clarify the second part of the answer. I am arriving T2 on AC Flight and hoping to use the arrivals lounge before heading to T5 for a BA flight connection. It would appear from the answer in the quote that I cannot do this but also trying to understand why connecting flight is taken into consideration. Also - would the UK entry requirements and transfer from T2 to T5 prevent me from going to T2 Arrivals Lounge area?

Last edited by jethro288; Jul 18, 2022 at 9:59 am Reason: missed word
Old Jul 18, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: AC 75K
Whether or not you you have a connecting flight is moot to this discussion. There may be times where someone with a connecting flight chooses to access the Arrivals Lounge, but that is not what would grant access. The comment in post 77 was referencing the MLL not the Arrivals Lounge.

Originally Posted by jethro288
I had a similar question and hoping to clarify the second part of the answer. I am arriving T2 on AC Flight and hoping to use the arrivals lounge before heading to T5 for a BA flight connection. It would appear from the answer in the quote that I cannot do this but also trying to understand why connecting flight is taken into consideration. Also - would the UK entry requirements and transfer from T2 to T5 prevent me from going to T2 Arrivals Lounge area?
The only way to access the Arrivals Lounge is by clearing Customs & Immigration, whether you want to do that on an LHR connection is up to you.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Thanks for the clarification. It is a moot point for the moment - I booked flights to go via Frankfurt so have access to Star Alliance Departure Lounges. The reason I was asking about arrivals lounge in Heathrow is that my connecting flight was either going to be BA or Virgin and I would not have access to their Departure Lounges. Thanks
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:40 am

just come back can confirm you need to clear customs to access arrival lounge (it's e-gate so it's really quick), and lounge close at 2PM

Originally Posted by ChrisA330
Whether or not you you have a connecting flight is moot to this discussion. There may be times where someone with a connecting flight chooses to access the Arrivals Lounge, but that is not what would grant access. The comment in post 77 was referencing the MLL not the Arrivals Lounge.

The only way to access the Arrivals Lounge is by clearing Customs & Immigration, whether you want to do that on an LHR connection is up to you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.