Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLL Lounge access as arrival lounge benefit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MLL Lounge access as arrival lounge benefit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2021, 12:43 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
My uncle (50K) was trying to access the YYZ DOM MLL with his wife at the end of August. They were arriving from YYT and the dragon would only let him go in and not his wife.

I knew that didn’t sound right, so I checked the admittance criteria again and confirmed that the dragon was indeed wrong. Pretty ridiculous that we always seem to have to prove these things ourselves…
Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:54 pm

Programs: AC 35K
Apologies if this belongs elsewhere.

35K with aeroplan reserve card flying J YYZ-LAX - do I get access to the LAX MLL upon arrival?
Old Mar 11, 2022, 11:41 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by YYZCONSULTANT
Apologies if this belongs elsewhere.

35K with aeroplan reserve card flying J YYZ-LAX - do I get access to the LAX MLL upon arrival?
No. Credit card is irrelevant. 50K and up only.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:21 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Regarding PP restaurants I don’t really hop, Bar 120 has great $6 drinks and decent food. Need a lot of bev’s to get over the $37 so I can add a gratuity on my credit card. They also have a few nice servers one who consistently recognizes me and always gives a warm welcome.
This is why I prefer Bar 120 over Twist! Servers remember the repeat PP users and ones who tip them. Just because the food and beverages are "free" doesnt meant that the service is.
24left likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
YYZ Dom MLL Arriving with Guest without onward travel - recent experiences

Anyone with recent experiences (attempting to) guesting a travel companion upon arrival, at YYZ Dom MLL, without an onward BP?
Despite the rules, what have your experiences been? Any issues with agents denying entry for your companion. I plan to do this very thing over the weekend at YYZ Dom MLL.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:00 pm

Programs: AS, DL, AA, AC, BA, UA
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Anyone with recent experiences (attempting to) guesting a travel companion upon arrival, at YYZ Dom MLL, without an onward BP?
Despite the rules, what have your experiences been? Any issues with agents denying entry for your companion. I plan to do this very thing over the weekend at YYZ Dom MLL.
how did it go?
Old Jun 28, 2022, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by newbie_flyer
how did it go?
It went swimmingly, but being an FTer and anticipating for everything that is within in my control, I sent a quick message to the concierge team ahead of time so that when we arrived at the MLL after our flight, the agents were expecting us and let us in.
So yeah, I tainted the test. Next time I'll do it without any extra assistance in the name of FT Science.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 2:52 pm

J ticket can I enter MLL LHR for arrival? Any recommendations?

Just wondering for J ticket can I enter MLL LHR for arrival? I am 25K, according to website looks like answer is no.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...lounges.html#/

Any lounge recommendations for arrival in LHR? I have dragon pass, but looks like Plaza Premium arrival lounge is closed.

Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Most lounges are in the Departures area which you won't have access to arriving in LHR. You're only option is specific Arrival Lounges. United used to allow AC J passengers into theirs, but not sure if entrance rules changed post Covid.

For other recommendations, there's likely another appropriate forum for any suggestions.
ecgz88 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 4:10 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
I don’t believe anything has changed. This is on the AC website today. The Arrivals Lounge*, conveniently located to the left upon leaving the secure area past baggage claim in the T2 arrivals hall, is open to the following Air Canada customers:
  • Business Class customers arriving on an Air Canada international flight
  • Super Elite 100K members (including 1 guest) arriving on an Air Canada international flight
Old Jul 15, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
I can confirm this. My parents (who have no status, but flew YYZ-LHR in AC J) had access to the arrivals lounge this morning.
Wings100 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
As per yyzgigi you will have access to the Arrivals Lounge on a J ticket (only SE get access if you are not in J). The Arrivals lounge is operated by United.

You do not have access to the MLL at LHR on arrival unless you have a Star Alliance connection and have Star Gold status or are also in J for that connecting flight.
Wings100 and ecgz88 like this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 8:42 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by The Lev
As per yyzgigi you will have access to the Arrivals Lounge on a J ticket (only SE get access if you are not in J). The Arrivals lounge is operated by United.

You do not have access to the MLL at LHR on arrival unless you have a Star Alliance connection and have Star Gold status or are also in J for that connecting flight.

Just trying to understand how a connecting flight gets into the consideration of an arrival lounge
Old Jul 15, 2022, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Just trying to understand how a connecting flight gets into the consideration of an arrival lounge
In stead of following the "Connections" signs, you would need to clear customs and exit through the baggage claim area then the lounge is on your left. After using the lounge you would need to go through security and go to your gate (changing terminals if necessary).

In other words not practical for a short connection but if you have a longer layover it may be worth it.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
I don’t believe anything has changed. This is on the AC website today. The Arrivals Lounge*, conveniently located to the left upon leaving the secure area past baggage claim in the T2 arrivals hall, is open to the following Air Canada customers:
  • Business Class customers arriving on an Air Canada international flight
  • Super Elite 100K members (including 1 guest) arriving on an Air Canada international flight
I ran into a problem with this on Sunday the 10th. My BP read SE MM. Greeter says you need SE 100K to have permission to enter. Got it sorted eventually, but it took longer than it should have.
--
13F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.