Help...need advice on Air Canada

Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Help...need advice on Air Canada

Hi there,

New to this, apologies if it's not in the right place.

I'll try and be as clear and succinct as possible!

Ok, spent 6 months chasing AC for the flight delay compensation. Finally got a response, they'd give me the cash, or vouchers.

I asked for specific clarification on the vouchers, never got any. Asked again. Simply was told 'can be used towards any flight(s) booked in the next 12 months'.

I was also told I had to sign and return a statement declaring I accepted them, and couldn't claim for anything else. I didn't sign, and then emailed them to say send the vouchers.

Vouchers arrived, (e voucher, numbers on email) and when I called to use them, was told they were only towards the base fare. So, that was roughly 100 dollars of a 1,000 dollar flight.

I spent the next 2 weeks emailing again, telling them that was useless, and as I hadn't signed for them, or been told the limitations, I simply wanted the cash.

No response. Been 3 weeks. A dozen emails.

So, getting desperate to book 2 flights. I call again tonight, only for another agent to tell me there is 'another way'. She tells me if I book and pay in full myself, not using the vouchers, I can then submit the vouchers AFTER I've travelled, for a full refund of the voucher amount. So, I can get my full 1200 back, instead of a measly 100 'base fare'.

However, she can't give me proof of this, it's not specified on their website, and I'm reluctant to simply take her word for it. She says it's a 'courtesy or favour' for passengers. So how come the other agent didn't suggest it??

I hate AC, and would happily fly with someone else, but if I'm getting a free flight, I may as well use them. However I'm worried I'll end up out of pocket.

Anyone more clued up than me?! Thanks!!
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

The Air Canada | Aeroplan will be a far better place for your post than TalkBoard Topics, so we'll just move it there.

/JDiver
Senior Moderator
Old Sep 5, 2015, 9:05 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
The form they are referring to is here:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/customercare/emco/form.html

But I thought it was only base fare, but I didn't see any reference to that on this page interestingly enough.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.