Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some fare help NYC-YUL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2002, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Some fare help NYC-YUL

A couple of buddies and myself are planning a celebration for one of my friends birthday up in Montreal the 3-6th of January. It looks like I will be the only one flying up there so I need some advice on fares. I have looked into CO, AA, DL, US, and AC for fare options. The lowest fare ($230.00 USD) I found was on US but the flight times are not what I am looking for. AC is quite expesive I find from 250.00-350.00 USD. Does anyone have any tips to find a lower fare? I don't frequently monitor the fares from the EWR/LGA -YUL what is a 'good' fare on this route? I would prefer to fly AC so I can get UAL miles, but it is a little more expensive. BTW EWR is my prefered airport, but if LGA is cheaper I would fly from there or JFK. Thanks for the help.
Old Dec 1, 2002, 6:34 pm

You got the fares exactly right - they are in the same range for AC. If you want UA status miles then your best bet is AC. I noticed Jan 3-6 is a weekend so you'll VERY LIKELY be able to get a websaver fare from LGA or EWR to YUL that should run around $220 - $230 or so. However, the web saver fares are only posted on Wednesday for the upcoming weekend - depart Fri/Sat return Mon/Tue and I have always, always seen New York being offered. But if you want the safety of an advance booking then it would be a higher fare at AC as you mentioned. Goodluck!
Old Dec 1, 2002, 7:26 pm
Original Member

Location: New York - DL Gold, AA Gold, AC Prestige, VS Silver
Talk to Weinman Travel in NJ,
732 905-0644

they have consolidated fares on AC/CO for < $200.

Old Dec 1, 2002, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Remember, no miles for consolidator Z fares on AC/UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.