Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Celebrity Sightings

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by NAJetSet
John Cleese YVR Domestic MLL.

I'm debating re-enacting the Ministry of Silly Walks sketch.
I will give you $20 if you do!
Old May 26, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
I’m using the term “celebrity” very loosely by replying to this, but Jason Kenney just checked into the YYZ domestic MLL.
Old May 26, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by j_the_p
I’m using the term “celebrity” very loosely by replying to this, but Jason Kenney just checked into the YYZ domestic MLL.
I am in YYZ Dom MLL right now. Look for a FT bag tag on a North Face carry-on bag. Maybe I should ask for a photo with this "celebrity" hahahaha.
Old May 26, 2019, 4:24 pm

I just did a loop of the lounge, but I cannot spot him! @j_the_p did you see where he was seated?
Old May 26, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
@codfather - He was behind me at security with his entourage, then he checked into the lounge but went the opposite way of me. I didn’t see where he ended up. I’m sitting almost at the end of the lounge by the business centre and the “no-booze” drink counter with a FT tag on my bag.
Old May 26, 2019, 5:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by NAJetSet
John Cleese YVR Domestic MLL.

I'm debating re-enacting the Ministry of Silly Walks sketch.
I think you should have attacked him with a banana.
codfather likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 5:52 pm

@codfather - He was behind me at security with his entourage, then he checked into the lounge but went the opposite way of me. I didn’t see where he ended up. I’m sitting almost at the end of the lounge by the business centre and the “no-booze” drink counter with a FT tag on my bag.
Just seeing this now, I left the MLL for the AMEX Lounge. Next time!
Old May 26, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
If you shout 'Alberta Oil!' he might just jump up!
lsquare, splicer100 and codfather like this.
Old May 27, 2019, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Since this is a tldr thread, I'll spare you.
Considering others here have posted seeing a non-Canadian on a non-AC flight at a non-Canadian airport, Jason Kenny qualifies as a bonafide celebrity in this thread.
j_the_p likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: AC SE
Former Quebec Premier Philippe Couillard in the YQB VIP lounge this morning. No security detail that I could see but maybe I am just a blind schmuck.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Originally Posted by jasdou
Former Quebec Premier Philippe Couillard in the YQB VIP lounge this morning. No security detail that I could see but maybe I am just a blind schmuck.
Recent amendments (June 2018) to the Executive Power Act changed the rules concerning the services available to a former premier. Mr. Couillard is no longer protected by the sizeable SQ detail he had as premier. Normally, he would now have only one Special Constable at a time from the Public Security Ministry's protective division . This might explain why you didn't notice anyone; these officers can be very discreet.
jasdou likes this.

Last edited by NordsFan; Jun 3, 2019 at 9:07 am
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
November 4, 1987, 84 days before the opening ceremony of the Calgary Olympics, a few Km west of Aulds Cove, NS one Dave King of Calgary Flames & Team Canada coaching fame handed off the torch to this writer.

I often see myself in MLLs, occasionally UA lounges. Everytime I'm in one, in fact.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:46 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by RangerNS
November 4, 1987, 84 days before the opening ceremony of the Calgary Olympics, a few Km west of Aulds Cove, NS one Dave King of Calgary Flames & Team Canada coaching fame handed off the torch to this writer.

I often see myself in MLLs, occasionally UA lounges. Everytime I'm in one, in fact.
Dave coached me at my high school in YXE. A very nice guy.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by NordsFan
Recent amendments (June 2018) to the Executive Power Act changed the rules concerning the services available to a former premier. Mr. Couillard is no longer protected by the sizeable SQ detail he had as premier. Normally, he would now have only one Special Constable at a time from the Public Security Ministry's protective division . This might explain why you didn't notice anyone; these officers can be very discreet.
I wasn't aware of this. I wouldn't think a former premier is enough of a high-risk target to justify such an expense.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS
Rick Hansen on AC113 (YYZ-YVR) today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.