Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Celebrity Sightings

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: ACAlt,SPG,MR

Yup blew that one... But I'm on a roll and The Scott brothers from "Property Brothers" are on my ORD - YYZ tonight.

Nice guys - great shows.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:53 pm

Programs: ACAlt,SPG,MR
Originally Posted by yvrgary
Quote:

Originally Posted by laidback71

This is a Spirit of the West song.

Go easy on the poor guy, you're treating this like it's the end of the world as we know it...
Well done sir/madam!
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Livyer
Y - and it was a redeye with pods. I considered inviting Kaitlyn to "curl" up with me in a pod but that might not have gone over well with my wife in the seat in front of me.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 5:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Emerald Elite

Kevin O'Leary (aka Mr Wonderful) flying on AC425 from YUL to YYZ. He's sitting in 14C. I saw him talking to the gate agent and a concierge and evidently his upgrade did not clear.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 5:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
Originally Posted by Prewrappedbacon
Kevin O'Leary (aka Mr Wonderful) flying on AC425 from YUL to YYZ. He's sitting in 14C. I saw him talking to the gate agent and a concierge and evidently his upgrade did not clear.
He's rich but apparently too cheap to just buy J. Serves him right.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 5:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CanRulez
He's rich but apparently too cheap to just buy J. Serves him right.
What the hell? On Dragons Den you see him on a private jet. Liars.

I met Bruce (Lava life guy) in J once. Super nice guy, super refined and classy (and friendly!)
Old Oct 16, 2014, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Wow, Kevin is a celebrity. In 14C.

His persona is how he want to project himself in the media.
Forget Shark Tank or Dragon's Den. Best entertainment was watching him and Amanda Lang "argue" on their own show.

Maybe's he's rich because he doesn't pay for J.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
Wow, Kevin is a celebrity. In 14C.

His persona is how he want to project himself in the media.
Forget Shark Tank or Dragon's Den. Best entertainment was watching him and Amanda Lang "argue" on their own show.

Maybe's he's rich because he doesn't pay for J.
I think that means being cheap haha. I dunno, I see your point, but still. Being worth >$300 million and he doesn't buy a J ticket? I think his operating expenses is either really high, he's really cheap, or he's not worth that much..
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:44 pm
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
probably just a last minute flight an j was not available. no biggy
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:53 pm
Suspended

Wasn't the issue his upgrade didn't clear? If so. J = >1?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 10:02 pm

As for those ridiculing him for hot buying J, you don't become financially independent by spending money!

He's not as well off as he portrays himself.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...4334/?page=all
Old Oct 16, 2014, 10:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
As I wrote upthread, his public persona is what works for him, either for TV gigs or for his personal business. I do not judge.

As for his personal finances, whatever.
My comment "Maybe's he's rich because he doesn't pay for J, is part humor, part guessing." There are billionaires out there who live in the same house they bought in 1952 and fly commercial and do their own groceries. As for Kevin, I don't dismiss the possibility that either he would not pay for the J seat, or the J seats were not available to him, paid or otherwise.

Also, is he really a celebrity? My p.o.v is he is a media personality. Celebrity would be oh I don't know, George Clooney, Heidi Klum.....
Old Oct 17, 2014, 12:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 24left
As I wrote upthread, his public persona is what works for him, either for TV gigs or for his personal business. I do not judge.

As for his personal finances, whatever.
My comment "Maybe's he's rich because he doesn't pay for J, is part humor, part guessing." There are billionaires out there who live in the same house they bought in 1952 and fly commercial and do their own groceries. As for Kevin, I don't dismiss the possibility that either he would not pay for the J seat, or the J seats were not available to him, paid or otherwise.

Also, is he really a celebrity? My p.o.v is he is a media personality. Celebrity would be oh I don't know, George Clooney, Heidi Klum.....
Fair point. I think if it was any other billionaire we wouldn't bat an eye but sharks and dragons it makes us think differently
Old Oct 18, 2014, 7:41 am

Programs: TK*S, SPG Gold
Was in the YYZ DOM MLL last night for quite some time, and saw Chuck Hughes (montreal chef with tv show/on commercials). It took me quite some time to realize it was him.

Spent what seemed like hours on his cell phone, complaining about some guys who apparently slighted him on twitter..

I deduced that he was on the 00:30 flight to YUL.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 11:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100k, AS MVP Gold, National EE, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Did anyone see Seal (singer/Heidi Klum's ex) at YYZ this morning? I had an 8 am flight this Sunday morning and he was directly behind me in the Super Elite line at T1

The guy is a lot bigger than I thought, 6'3-6'4??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.