Canadian Celebrity Sightings

Old Dec 23, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Lifetime Bonvoy PP, Hilton D, National EE, Avis First
I see Tony Parsons on the YYJ<>YVR jazz flights all the time...
Old Dec 30, 2010, 6:11 pm

Programs: AC E
Parsons lives in Victoria, and commutes daily to do the CBC news in Vancouver and the CHEK news in Victoria. Seems he's busier now than when working for Global. I wondered how he moved to & fro - I'm actually surprised he doesn't fly harbour to harbour.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 8:09 pm

Programs: AC SE, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
Kind of funny, but a long long time ago, I saw Bruno Gerussi at YYJ. It was the first time I saw a "celebrity" in public. I was a kid and watched the Beachcombers all the time, so I was awestruck when I saw him. I think I must have thought he was a the most famous actor in the world or something.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: AC Elite50k, BAEC Blue, Amex Plat, RBC Black Tin Visa
Originally Posted by threepoint
Parsons lives in Victoria, and commutes daily to do the CBC news in Vancouver and the CHEK news in Victoria. Seems he's busier now than when working for Global. I wondered how he moved to & fro - I'm actually surprised he doesn't fly harbour to harbour.
If he lives on the Saanich peninsula, then yyj would be more convenient but even if he doesn't, consider these numbers... Say Tone takes 6 weeks vacation a year, meaning that he flies 5 days a week x 46 weeks = 46x5days = 230 days x 2 sectors per day (yyz-yvr return) produces 115,000 ap points cos each sector pays 500 pts giving Tone an easy SE without any sleepovers at 35,000'. Makes sense to me!
Old Jan 1, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Lifetime Bonvoy PP, Hilton D, National EE, Avis First
Originally Posted by TheOnlyWayTo Fly
If he lives on the Saanich peninsula, then yyj would be more convenient but even if he doesn't, consider these numbers... Say Tone takes 6 weeks vacation a year, meaning that he flies 5 days a week x 46 weeks = 46x5days = 230 days x 2 sectors per day (yyz-yvr return) produces 115,000 ap points cos each sector pays 500 pts giving Tone an easy SE without any sleepovers at 35,000'. Makes sense to me!
actually lives DT on the harbor near me
Old Jan 1, 2011, 4:42 pm

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Ralph Klein at YYC MLL...
Old Jan 1, 2011, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by run&fly
I wonder if we're diluting the term 'celebrity'? I mean, I sat next to Chris Cuthbert in the YVR domestic MLL on the morning of the 29th, but I figured if I'm unlikely to read about his antics on TMZ, then I wouldn't post about seeing him.

Course, I'd have to actually read TMZ, but you get what I'm saying...
Old Jan 28, 2011, 5:05 pm

Programs: meh
Sat next to Dave MacEachern on AC157 out of YHZ. He got the last upgrade seat to J. Extremely interesting guy to talk to.
Old Jan 28, 2011, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by run&fly
So he actually does not fly WestJet then?
Old Jan 28, 2011, 7:34 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
Small world

Originally Posted by igloocoder
Sat next to Dave MacEachern on AC157 out of YHZ. He got the last upgrade seat to J. Extremely interesting guy to talk to.
OK, so I'm a little embarassed to say I didn't know who this was, but the name sounded familiar, so I Googled him. Imagine my surprise when I realized I had a 20 minute conversation with this guy at the YUL MLL and got his business card. The fact he's an Olympic gold medalist never came up in conversation. (facepalm!)

Last edited by YQMer; Jan 28, 2011 at 8:07 pm Reason: extra detail
Old Jan 28, 2011, 11:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I sat beside an Olympic gold medalist once on a flight. He was an American but I had no idea who he was, nor do I consider him a celeb.
I say beside Pierre Pettigrew a couple months ago, is that a celeb too?

As far as I'm concerned, they are both not. Seeing Joe Montana in ORD, now that is a celeb. I saw him there last summer.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 7:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K; AS MVP Gold75K; Fairmont Platinum; SPG/Marriott Platinum
Had Richard Thomas with me a few weeks ago flying into Victoria.

I e-mailed the wife that John Boy Walton was sitting right in front of me and her only reply was "how's the mole?".

Good night, Mary-Ellen.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Just before new years flying to SFO, ran into Atom Egoyan and his actress wife, Arsine Khanjian, (and their son) in the YVR MLL. Had shared a centre pair of J seats with Egoyan a few years ago when he was on his way to Cannes (via LHR) where his film Ararat was being screened.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 11:04 am

Reliable sources indicate that Elvis (with SE tags, which would explain why he was talking so loudly on his mobile phone) was spotted trying to gain access into the YQR MLL the other day.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: AC*SE
true edmonton celebrity and olympic gold medalist, Kevin Martin was in YEG lounge this week

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.