FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Canadian Celebrity Sightings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/16999-canadian-celebrity-sightings.html)

YOWser Jan 18, 2006 10:37 am

Rick Mercer going home (after filiming a rant in Ottawa?)

Jan 10th, 5pm flight YOW-YYZ

yyznomad Jan 22, 2006 7:24 pm

As I was leaving the YUL Dom MLL today at 5:50pm EST, Crazy Canuck Steve Podborski had just walked in and was greeted by the MLL gatekeepers.

AirbusFan Jan 23, 2006 8:27 am

A couple of weeks ago, I sat down next to Brent Butt (Corner Gas, CTV) and Nancy Robertson (Wanda), at the MLL in YVR. Just seemed like nice, normal folks, as one would expect.

I thought back to the episode a few seasons back, involving Lacy trying to get to Toronto, and being endlessly shuffled to yet another airport, further west. Now we know where his inspiration comes from!

yyznomad Jan 30, 2006 7:45 am

Originally Posted by NoahVail
Does Stockwell Day count anymore (FlyerAl's vote doesn't count)? He and his wife sat across the aisle from me in late April from YWG-YYZ. It was kind of interesting as it was at the beginning of the leadership crisis and his picture was on the front pages of both the Globe and the Post. Lots of double takes from pax newspapers to seat 3D.

Cheers.

Today rode up the elevators in the T1 Main MLL with Stockwell. He also sat in front of me in J on AC440 (he was in 2D).
(not sure if he still counts, but oh well :) )

airbus320 Jan 30, 2006 8:23 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Today rode up the elevators in the T1 Main MLL with Stockwell. He also sat in front of me in J on AC440 (he was in 2D).
(not sure if he still counts, but oh well :) )

....sure he counts...he probably will get a cabinet post.

YOWkid Jan 30, 2006 8:24 am

What are you doing in YOW?

acysb87 Jan 30, 2006 9:38 am

I saw yyznomad,stinger,Academic,parnel,preferbulkhead,An drew(from across the ice,the one with his head down)......(A few others who I have forgotten :o )
Quite a handful of celebreties at a Habs win.

yyznomad Jan 30, 2006 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by acysb87
I saw yyznomad,stinger,Academic,parnel,preferbulkhead,An drew(from across the ice,the one with his head down)......(A few others who I have forgotten :o )
Quite a handful of celebreties at a Habs win.

You forgot blue2002 and Simon :)

parnel Jan 30, 2006 7:55 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 95; PalmSource; Blazer 3.0) 16;160x160)

I stood next to Buzzie the wannabe senator at the hockey game and remarked how good the non union team in red looked

parnel Jan 30, 2006 7:58 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 95; PalmSource; Blazer 3.0) 16;160x160)

And Hogtowner was there also crying in his shabby blue sweater and fatboyyvr was also there

NordsFan Feb 3, 2006 3:32 pm

Today's AC8719 YQB-YUL: Claude Lessard, President of Cossette Communications Group, Canada's largest marketing-publicity-advertising agency Q1 results issued yesterday).

YUL International MLL right now: union boss Henri Massé, President of the FTQ (Fédération des travailleurs du Québec)-QFL (Quebec Federation of Labour).

acysb87 Feb 16, 2006 8:22 am

parnels favourite Liberal,Belinda, at SE office this am ,YYZ :)

NordsFan Feb 24, 2006 3:15 am

On AC870 YUL-CDG last night 23FEB, arrived CDG T2A 0900 today, the Honourable Mr. Justice Louis LeBel of the Supreme Court of Canada (http://www.scc-csc.gc.ca/aboutcourt/...l/index_e.asp), one of our country's sharpest legal minds. ^

He was accompanied by his wife, Université Laval law prof, Louise Poudrier-LeBel (who taught me "extinction et exécution des obligations" in my civil law courses--for the record, I flunked it and had to take it a second time.... :o :rolleyes: :p , but hey that was 20 years ago :D )

They arrived for a conference at "la Cour des Cassations de Paris".

airbus320 Feb 24, 2006 3:32 am

Yesterday afternoon, Rick Mercer was in the T1 MLL.

antirealist Mar 17, 2006 8:08 am

Rona Ambrose is sitting near me in the YYT lounge.

She's really quite something. ^ :D