FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Canadian Celebrity Sightings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/16999-canadian-celebrity-sightings.html)

tcook052 Dec 5, 2019 8:07 am

Originally Posted by seegs (Post 31807984)
Jim Treliving and wife on AC7663 to DFW on Dec 5. Seated in 2D and 2F.

He seems like such a regular guy but was he interacting with other pax?

WaytoomuchEurope Dec 5, 2019 9:00 am

Originally Posted by seegs (Post 31807984)
Jim Treliving and wife on AC7663 to DFW on Dec 5. Seated in 2D and 2F.

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 31808113)

I have flown the same cabin with he and his wife twice. Both times I saw him being approached in the boarding lineup but left alone in the air. He just sits and reads his papers. Many of them.

yyznomad Dec 5, 2019 11:21 am

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope (Post 31808361)
I have flown the same cabin with he and his wife twice. Both times I saw him being approached in the boarding lineup but left alone in the air. He just sits and reads his papers. Many of them.

Does he read G&M?

seegs Dec 5, 2019 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052 (Post 31808113)

He walked up in Zone 1 line behind me and was seated beside me. No interaction with people. He ate an omelette with a sparkling water and read the paper. At end of flight we spoke briefly as our bags were overhead next to one another but that’s about it.

ridefar Dec 5, 2019 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope (Post 31808361)

I have been on the same flight as him 3 or 4 times too. The only time I saw him interact with anybody besides his wife was when there were a few folks on the same flight traveling for a Hockey Night in Canada broadcast. He talked with a couple of them for a bit, but otherwise was pretty quiet.

Commie Dec 9, 2019 3:43 pm

I got another celebrity sighting this morning, on the AC7802 YYZ-BNA flight. Spotted both of the Property Brothers at the gate, and they happen to be sitting in the J section of the CRA900 bird.
Drew was sitting 2 rows up from me with his wife, and Johnathan was sitting in the seat in front of me, on the single aisle J seat.
The rest of their crew was sitting in the back.
Too bad so many people on this flight was 'bugging' them at boarding time and de-planing.

talkeryxu Dec 9, 2019 4:26 pm

A few weeks back I was beside Rick Mercer in the secondary area of the Nexus lane for domestic security at YYZ, both with a false positive. Evidently the travel-size Gillette shaving cream we both had was causing the x-ray machine to be fussy that morning.

talkeryxu Dec 9, 2019 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by codfather (Post 31734779)
I can't be the only one that finds it hilarious how this dog has been made into a celebrity because she travels with the family. And now she has appeared on FT!

I think that dog has reached SE100K status, if only she had her own little AE number.

I was beside Bianca at the check-in counter at FLL on Nov. 25 and only recognized her because of the dog. Saw her shortly after at security, when she was arguing with TSA because her boarding pass didn't have Pre on it, at which point she marched back to the check-in counter. She was on the Rouge flight to YYZ, while I was on the YUL-bound one.

Lornag Dec 9, 2019 5:23 pm

Stephen Harper with a few peeps traveling J on his way to New Delhi to do his thing. Ac44 November 16th.

codfather Dec 9, 2019 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by andrewlawton (Post 31823100)
I was beside Bianca at the check-in counter at FLL on Nov. 25 and only recognized her because of the dog. Saw her shortly after at security, when she was arguing with TSA because her boarding pass didn't have Pre on it, at which point she marched back to the check-in counter. She was on the Rouge flight to YYZ, while I was on the YUL-bound one.

Eeeeek I love Bianca, but she is starting to sound like a DYKWIA if that is how she was behaving!

I mean sure, the BP should have had TSAPre on it, but she should have picked up on that sooner...

yyznomad Dec 13, 2019 5:44 am

Chris Hadfield in the cafe right now.

yulflier Dec 13, 2019 6:18 am

I’m fairly new here so I’ll share one from a couple of years ago, YUL-YTZ, some guy kicked my seat a repeated number of times throughout the flight. I turned around to get a look at who this person was, and it was none other than GSP.

He was a really chill guy, on the ferry ride back (this was before the tunnel) we spoke about trips to Asia and he told me he was disappointed he didn’t get a Chinese name on his first trip to China (the same way people who come here adopt western names). Pretty wholesome dude, for a guy of his caliber, I felt like I was talking to a friend.

NordsFan Dec 18, 2019 8:20 pm

18DEC 2019 AC8732 YUL-YQB: Alain Côté, 802 games with the Québec Nordiques.

His 1987 playoff goal against the Habs was good but Kerry Fraser didn't agree.

He gave up his #19 sweater to Joe Sakic when the rookie joined the team.

A good guy from Matane.

P.S. AC8732 cxl......bit of a mess at YUL tonight.

MQS007 Dec 18, 2019 9:01 pm

Sarah Baeumler on my flight from PBI. She was seated well towards the back.

NordsFan Dec 19, 2019 5:57 am

19DEC 2019 AC8704 YUL-YQB: General Roméo Dallaire.