FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Canadian Celebrity Sightings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/16999-canadian-celebrity-sightings.html)

WaytoomuchEurope Nov 13, 2019 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller (Post 31734645)
Bianca Andrescu’s pet dog is named Coco. She is a Toy Poodle with a pink bow. Bianca’s mother was walking her through T1. Tennis player, will be athlete of the year in Canada in 2019, won the US Open as a 19 yr old, beat Serena....

Well aware of who she is but wasn’t aware of the dog - but fair enough, “Bianca” should have been enough of a trigger.

codfather Nov 13, 2019 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller (Post 31734645)
Bianca Andrescu’s pet dog is named Coco. She is a Toy Poodle with a pink bow. Bianca’s mother was walking her through T1. Tennis player, will be athlete of the year in Canada in 2019, won the US Open as a 19 yr old, beat Serena....

I can't be the only one that finds it hilarious how this dog has been made into a celebrity because she travels with the family. And now she has appeared on FT!

I think that dog has reached SE100K status, if only she had her own little AE number.

smallmj Nov 14, 2019 5:19 am

My first thought was a different Koko, but sadly she passed away last year. I also don't think that she would be walked through T1.

Yhztraveller Nov 14, 2019 11:30 am

Les Habs flying commercial (AC) to Washington for tomorrow nights game. YUL Transborder.

Yhztraveller Nov 14, 2019 11:33 am

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope (Post 31734771)
Well aware of who she is but wasn’t aware of the dog - but fair enough, “Bianca” should have been enough of a trigger.

Yeah, I was there once (but only 3 kids, not 16). If I had said Sponge Bob or Barney was walking thru T1 you would have figured it out right away!!

songsc Nov 14, 2019 11:34 am

Originally Posted by ridefar (Post 31734336)
Coco’s mom should be keeping Coco in a carrier. I say this as a pet lover: this is policy in Canadian airports except in designated areas. And as much as I think Coco’s mom is pretty darn cool, I don’t think she is so cool she warrants an exception.

+1. Passenger behaving badly in MLL may be a better place for this.

And strictly speaking Coco’s mom should be kept in a carrier too.

Yhztraveller Nov 14, 2019 11:40 am

Originally Posted by songsc (Post 31736926)
+1. Passenger behaving badly in MLL may be a better place for this.

And strictly speaking Coco’s mom should be kept in a carrier too.

Technically it was Coco’s “grandma”, but I get your point.

Since she was not in the MLL, that wouldn’t work....

Adam Smith Nov 14, 2019 10:21 pm

yyznomad you never posted about how we and Mrs. Smith saw Arlene Dickinson of Dragons' Den fame a few weeks ago...

WaytoomuchEurope Nov 14, 2019 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 31738710)
yyznomad you never posted about how we and Mrs. Smith saw Arlene Dickinson of Dragons' Den fame a few weeks ago...

I have flown beside both her and Jim Treliving this year. He was treated very well. She was treated like everyone else.

ridefar Nov 15, 2019 12:56 am

Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope (Post 31738764)
I have flown beside both her and Jim Treliving this year. He was treated very well. She was treated like everyone else.

She is the only person to ever get me kicked out of a J seat (just because she wanted that particular seat). I still got a J seat just not the one I had selected. So yeah. Maybe there is a reason for why she was treated the way she was?

pprrff Nov 15, 2019 8:59 am

Adrienne Clarkson and an entourage in Premium Rouge was on my YYZ-Mex flight last Friday night.

yyznomad Nov 15, 2019 10:46 am

Originally Posted by ridefar (Post 31738933)
She is the only person to ever get me kicked out of a J seat (just because she wanted that particular seat). I still got a J seat just not the one I had selected. So yeah. Maybe there is a reason for why she was treated the way she was?

Maybe she is AC*XM and trumps your peon AC*SM. :p

Bohemian1 Nov 15, 2019 11:09 am

Originally Posted by pprrff (Post 31739950)
Adrienne Clarkson and an entourage in Premium Rouge was on my YYZ-Mex flight last Friday night.

Rouge?

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. ;)

Yhztraveller Nov 18, 2019 6:54 pm

John Paul Tremblay (Julian) sitting right in front of me on 624 tonight.

no sign of a rum&coke and no sign of Ricky or Bubbles.

YYTFog Nov 24, 2019 9:13 pm

Jay Baruchel
YYZ TB MLL Nov 14
Nice guy