Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Celebrity Sightings

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:01 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Alan Doyle (formerly of Great Big Sea) on AC114 (brand new 737 Max) heading back home to The Rock after touring.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by tracon
Same flight, deplaning near the end, what appeared to be a prisoner transfer.
Flight gets to the gate, two security guards, one proudly displaying handcuffs get on the plane.
Three security guards and a fourth individual get off the plane. They step aside.
The fourth individual is cuffed and they all leave the area.
Sounds to me like a routine 'day after' a FlyerTalk do.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:45 am

AC413 YUL-YYZ this afternoon.
Ron MacLean
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
AC 1659 TPA-YYZ
Pinball Clemons and his wife on the flight. Pinball gave his wife the Premium Rouge seat and he went and sat in the back.
tcook052, Dolphin2 and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
AC 1659 TPA-YYZ
Pinball Clemons and his wife on the flight. Pinball gave his wife the Premium Rouge seat and he went and sat in the back.
Good lad
Dolphin2 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; *G
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
AC 1659 TPA-YYZ
I've been on 3 flights with Mike Clemons over the years. The most recent one was this past January where there was serious weather at YYC causing some major IRROPS. He and I got to chatting in the MLL, and then again in the boarding line (both of us praying that the red-eye was going to actually leave for YYZ). I have to say that he is one of the most gracious and nicest people I've ever conversed with. I know, the sample size is small, given that we only chatted for maybe 20 to 30 minutes, but his on-radio/on-TV/public-speaking persona seems extremely genuine.
tcook052, xray, Dolphin2 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by j_the_p
I've been on 3 flights with Mike Clemons over the years. The most recent one was this past January where there was serious weather at YYC causing some major IRROPS. He and I got to chatting in the MLL, and then again in the boarding line (both of us praying that the red-eye was going to actually leave for YYZ). I have to say that he is one of the most gracious and nicest people I've ever conversed with. I know, the sample size is small, given that we only chatted for maybe 20 to 30 minutes, but his on-radio/on-TV/public-speaking persona seems extremely genuine.
Have to agree with you on that one and I am not usually one to think that way about many of these so called celebs. He was at a fundraising event I attended and he definitely had the gift of making you feel important when he conversed with you.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Peter Mansbridge onboard AC8406 (YLW-YYC) today.
Old May 25, 2018, 4:12 pm

Buffy Sainte Marie YEG-YYC this afternoon.
Old May 26, 2018, 5:35 am

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Originally Posted by mapleg
Have to agree with you on that one and I am not usually one to think that way about many of these so called celebs. He was at a fundraising event I attended and he definitely had the gift of making you feel important when he conversed with you.
+1
I don't care for so-called "celebrity" at all. Pinball is just a gem of a person. We were on the same flight YYZ-LAS and my husband even gave him a hug as we left the plane ! I still laugh about this as I keep telling him Pinball was just going for a handshake
Old May 30, 2018, 5:39 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Bill Morneau sitting behind me in J YYZ-YYC. Had a very brief chat on a major conservation funding announcement in most recent budget.
Old May 30, 2018, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Bill Morneau sitting behind me in J YYZ-YYC. Had a very brief chat on a major conservation funding announcement in most recent budget.
A month or so ago, I flew IAH-YYZ, and he flew in the back with his retinue.

I went to the back a few years ago to see what it was like. LOL.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 4:55 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
David Hawksworth in the YVR Domestic MLL. Sadly he's not cooking on my flight to YXE.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
David Hawksworth in the YVR Domestic MLL. Sadly he's not cooking on my flight to YXE.
I wonder in general if he eats his AC menu dishes in J.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad
I wonder in general if he eats his AC menu dishes in J.
I wonder if he would recognize it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.