FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Canadian Celebrity Sightings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/16999-canadian-celebrity-sightings.html)

YOWkid Jul 2, 2005 11:38 am

Except, from what I have heard, Pettigrew has a pretty bad temper.

Of course, they could also be rumours.

yyznomad Jul 2, 2005 11:43 am

Originally Posted by YOWkid
Except, from what I have heard, Pettigrew has a pretty bad temper.

Of course, they could also be rumours.

That's what I heard about Martha Stewart.
Of course, they could also be rumours. :D

AnselmAdorne Jul 2, 2005 12:11 pm

...AA: I did too and didn't get it either. My classmate beat me out (but I guess it was fair and square since I beat her out in the Ontario one when we were in grade 8). And frankly, I think it was a blessing in disguise not to have gotten in. Better things happened. ;)

Better things ... like this summer she's working at a Second Cup on Elgin. I take comfort in the fact that she will now have one marketable skill coming out of university: she can operate an espresso machine! :D

NordsFan, funny, I just assumed that a lounge employee would be older! I guess I'm thinking of the AC employees at the desk.

YOWkid Jul 2, 2005 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by AnselmAdorne
Better things ... like this summer she's working at a Second Cup on Elgin. I take comfort in the fact that she will now have one marketable skill coming out of university: she can operate an espresso machine! :D

Hey, that's a very important skill -- do you know how difficult it is to make a good coffee using those industrial-sized machines? ;) :D

Rejuvenated Jul 2, 2005 12:37 pm

Hey, that's a very important skill -- do you know how difficult it is to make a good coffee using those industrial-sized machines? ;) :D

But the difficulties will be rewarded with a quality tasting coffee. :D

yyznomad Oct 2, 2005 6:09 pm

Not sure if she's a real Canadian celebrity, but Susan Hay of Global News was accompanied by a concierge on Friday, Sept 30 at the T1New Main MLL.

acysb87 Oct 2, 2005 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Not sure if she's a real Canadian celebrity, but Susan Hay of Global News was accompanied by a concierge on Friday, Sept 30 at the T1New Main MLL.

Former Sudburian :D :cool:

YOWkid Oct 2, 2005 6:44 pm

Smart woman -- she knew to leave. :p :D

500 miles at a time Oct 2, 2005 6:44 pm

Paul Godfrey last week. His wife has about 3 lbs of diamonds on her wedding band.

shuuy Oct 2, 2005 8:56 pm

Saw Carlos Santana on a YYC-DEN (UA) flight... Was weird when this group of 10 people boarded before any announcements (caused a big lineup for everyone else thinking they could board at gate B20 - blocking access to the rest of the gates!)

negotiator Oct 3, 2005 3:00 am

Originally Posted by acysb87
Former Sudburian :D :cool:

Susan Hay is origianally from North Bay, Ontario but worked in Sudbury at MCTV news as the weather person for several years.

She was the worst broadcaster I've ever seen when working as a neophite in YSB. :td:

Cheers

negotiator Oct 3, 2005 3:04 am

YYZ>YVR last week sat beside former deputy PM and finance Minister under Brian Mulroney government, Michael Wilson. he's aged big time!

Cheers

acysb87 Oct 3, 2005 5:05 am

Smart woman -- she knew to leave. :p :D

Nothing wrong with leaving,but she went to Toronto!!!! :eek: :o :D

YOWkid Oct 3, 2005 5:55 am

Good point. :D

yyznomad Oct 3, 2005 6:03 am

I used to think she was hot but she has aged quite a bit since.
(ducks and runs)