FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Canadian Celebrity Sightings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/16999-canadian-celebrity-sightings.html)

ansix12 Apr 28, 2015 11:44 am

Bobby Orr at the Toronto lounge

Livyer Apr 28, 2015 11:46 am

Originally Posted by ansix12 (Post 24733906)
Bobby Orr at the Toronto lounge

Nice one!

YXUhomebase Apr 28, 2015 8:24 pm

Kevin O'Leary was on flight AC737 YYZ to SFO this morning.

yyznomad Apr 28, 2015 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by YXUhomebase (Post 24736498)
Kevin O'Leary was on flight AC737 YYZ to SFO this morning.

Just checking - he was in J, right? :)

24left Apr 28, 2015 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 24736519)
Just checking - he was in J, right? :)

The question is: Was he in PAID J

yyznomad Apr 28, 2015 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 24736525)

True dat.

superangrypenguin Apr 29, 2015 4:51 am

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 24736525)

Wasn't he spotted in Y in a middle seat YUL YYZ on here complaining his upgrade didn't clear? #priceless

Yyttraveler May 11, 2015 7:26 pm

Justin Trudeau in the YYZ Domestic Terminal earlier this evening.

superangrypenguin May 11, 2015 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Yyttraveler (Post 24801316)
Justin Trudeau in the YYZ Domestic Terminal earlier this evening.

I hope he wasn't at the lounge. If he's a true liberal..."working class blah blah blah". :rolleyes:

YOWgary May 11, 2015 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin (Post 24801405)
I hope he wasn't at the lounge. If he's a true liberal..."working class blah blah blah". :rolleyes:

You're thinking of Tom Mulcair.

Trudeau is the "do anything to try and get ahead, even if it doesn't actually get you ahead in the slightest" guy who helped bring you secret police and warrantless searches.

To try and stay on topic, though, the only MPs I ever seem to see flying coach are NDPers.

superangrypenguin May 11, 2015 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by yvrgary (Post 24801545)
You're thinking of Tom Mulcair.

Trudeau is the "do anything to try and get ahead, even if it doesn't actually get you ahead in the slightest" guy who helped bring you secret police and warrantless searches.

To try and stay on topic, though, the only MPs I ever seem to see flying coach are NDPers.

To answer your question, I have seen and interacted with people in government who aren't famous from all 3 major parties in Y. I hate flying to/from YOW b/c it's a really short flight but you meet a lot of cool and interesting people!

YOWgary May 11, 2015 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin (Post 24801579)
To answer your question, I have seen and interacted with people in government who aren't famous from all 3 major parties in Y. I hate flying to/from YOW b/c it's a really short flight but you meet a lot of cool and interesting people!

I sat behind Eddie Goldenberg (Chrétien's Chief of Staff) on my last YYZ-YOW hop. As we were deplaning, I had to say "Hi, I loved your book", and I think he was more than a bit surprised to be recognized.

Prewrappedbacon May 12, 2015 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin (Post 24737866)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 24left

Wasn't he spotted in Y in a middle seat YUL YYZ on here complaining his upgrade didn't clear? #priceless

Yup, saw/heard it with my own eyes. But that was back in the day (ie 2014) when being a SE meant something.

superangrypenguin May 13, 2015 5:09 am

Originally Posted by Klove007 (Post 24399515)
Thomas Mulcair sitting in front of me in 2a on 660 today

I just noticed this. What a hypocrite. Trudeau flies Y and this guy J?? A for the people guy? Right.

ridefar May 13, 2015 7:16 am

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin (Post 24807986)
I just noticed this. What a hypocrite. Trudeau flies Y and this guy J?? A for the people guy? Right.

Unless you know exactly how he ended up in that seat, you probably shouldn't judge. There are a wide range of likely explanations, including AC comping him an upgrade on every single flight he takes. He is leader of the opposition and a longshot for PM someday. Wouldn't surprise me at all if AC did that. So if he is paying for Tango, and ending up in J, does that make him less a "man of the people"? For pete's sake. Politicians are plenty slimy enough. No need to pick on something as trivial as this, when you have no idea what the facts are. No idea at all.