Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian Celebrity Sightings

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by YVRorange
Did anyone see Seal (singer/Heidi Klum's ex) at YYZ this morning? I had an 8 am flight this Sunday morning and he was directly behind me in the Super Elite line at T1
How would he be using the SE line? I doubt he has either SE or VIP status with AC. Or does AC make certain exceptions for some celebrities?
Old Dec 7, 2014, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100k, AS MVP Gold, National EE, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
He did have someone from AC with him as she let the SE agent know to help this gentleman behind me. I doubt he had status as well but he was being whisked around by this Air Canada lady.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yvr76
How would he be using the SE line? I doubt he has either SE or VIP status with AC. Or does AC make certain exceptions for some celebrities?
Celebrities get special treatment... queue the "wall of fame" pictures that used to plaster the YYZ concierge office before it was refurbed. Many here have witnessed celebs being ushered around and "taken care of" by concierges.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 5:44 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
See the thread on AC VIP status, perhaps?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 5:52 pm

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Celebrities get special treatment... queue the "wall of fame" pictures that used to plaster the YYZ concierge office before it was refurbed. Many here have witnessed celebs being ushered around and "taken care of" by concierges.
How do you think they pick him out/identify him in advance? Presumably, he doesn't have a passport/ticket under the name "Seal".
Old Dec 8, 2014, 6:06 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by Mavatar
How do you think they pick him out/identify him in advance? Presumably, he doesn't have a passport/ticket under the name "Seal".
its a requested/paid service offered by AC (and most airlines)
Old Dec 14, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by PLeblond
its a requested/paid service offered by AC (and most airlines)
Are you really a celebrity if you have to pay for special treatment?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Mavatar
Are you really a celebrity if you have to pay for special treatment?
If you're that BIG, you're (paying for) flying on Private Aviation.

No one flying on an airline can consider themselves that 'Big.'
Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
If you're that BIG, you're (paying for) flying on Private Aviation.

No one flying on an airline can consider themselves that 'Big.'
I don't think at Canada's tax bracket that anyone is that BIG.

I've seen Bruce from the Dragons Den (lavalife guy) on AC in J. (super nice guy). People here have seen Arlene Dickenson in J, and Mr. Wonderful in Y from YUL. These people, either play billionaires or are one (cough Mr. wonderful), but they are still much wealthier than the majority of Canadians.

they show private jets on the welcome reel on the tv show, but in reality, even they do not fly commercial...

Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer both flew Y in the 2000s (until Bill bought his own plane...), but still, as company multi billionaire men, they still flew Y until they became more recognizable.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I don't think at Canada's tax bracket that anyone is that BIG.

I've seen Bruce from the Dragons Den (lavalife guy) on AC in J. (super nice guy). People here have seen Arlene Dickenson in J, and Mr. Wonderful in Y from YUL. These people, either play billionaires or are one (cough Mr. wonderful), but they are still much wealthier than the majority of Canadians.

they show private jets on the welcome reel on the tv show, but in reality, even they do not fly commercial...

Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer both flew Y in the 2000s (until Bill bought his own plane...), but still, as company multi billionaire men, they still flew Y until they became more recognizable.
So who's flying in all those Gulfstreams, Challengers & Falcons?

My point is a lot of Celebrities are famous, but don't have any "real" money. So they pay J+ for VIP treatment.

If they were real VIP's they'd be flying private aviation.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
So who's flying in all those Gulfstreams, Challengers & Falcons?

My point is a lot of Celebrities are famous, but don't have any "real" money. So they pay J+ for VIP treatment.

If they were real VIP's they'd be flying private aviation.
Americans? I work with a lot of very wealthy customers (given my incredibly expensive hourly rate that I charge on behalf of my employer). The only customer that I have worked with that flies anything private is McCains (and they are not publicly traded). Everyone else, including the big banks, their CEO's fly J.

It's not in the interest of the shareholder for executives to fly in private jets anymore. YoY revenue increase demands prevent them from doing that. Remember how much crap the CEO's of the banks on Wall Street got for spending millions to upgrade their offices? (a la Merrill Lynch?)

If I, as a shareholder, found out the C level execs were flying private, I'd hit "Sell" faster than a bee which found a new source of honey from collecting it!

PS, most if not all of the dragons are multi billionaires. They got there for a reason. Some of the "cheapest" people you'll meet are billionaires.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:10 pm

I wonder if AC takes extra care to clean the filthy pod that a celebrity will be sitting in or do celebs also receive complimentary single serving seat crumbs?
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by OilyDuck
I wonder if AC takes extra care to clean the filthy pod that a celebrity will be sitting in or do celebs also receive complimentary single serving seat crumbs?

LOLOLOL Very funny ^
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:30 pm

Programs: AC*E50, AE dBlack, Club Carlson Concierge, NEXUS
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I've seen Bruce from the Dragons Den (lavalife guy) on AC in J. (super nice guy)
I spotted him in the MLL in YEG once, and he was in J on the same YEG-YYZ flight as me.

However, it had been a while since I've seen Dragons Den, so I tweeted at Brett Wilson if he was in Edmonton, instead of Bruce Croxon. Whoops. He seemed personable in line, at least.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TehSuigi
I spotted him in the MLL in YEG once, and he was in J on the same YEG-YYZ flight as me.

However, it had been a while since I've seen Dragons Den, so I tweeted at Brett Wilson if he was in Edmonton, instead of Bruce Croxon. Whoops. He seemed personable in line, at least.
It was Bruce Croxon for me. He was on my YYZ to YYC flight. Was nice enough to do an autograph for me. He talked to his neighbor the entire flight (I was in 1C, he was in 2C). He was a truly great person, very kind and cordial! Surprised me no one else recognized him...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.