FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Canadian Celebrity Sightings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/16999-canadian-celebrity-sightings.html)

Rejuvenated Jun 28, 2005 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Ok, but did you talk to her?

I would have definately asked for her autograph. :D

dsweet Jun 28, 2005 8:24 pm

Not Canadian but...

Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner on AC 557 June 26 in seats 3D and F. Seemed unusually normal.

YOWkid Jun 29, 2005 8:11 am

Jennifer Garner. *drool*

shuuy Jun 30, 2005 12:20 pm

And now they're getting/are married?

airbus320 Jun 30, 2005 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by YYCOllie

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/....ap/index.html

HomerJ Jun 30, 2005 1:39 pm

All kinds as I used to fly YYZ-LAX alot

...carol burnett, tim conway and don knotts (Carol burnett show retrospective at the U of T), maury chaiken, JD (oK now know as John) Roberts, Bill O'Reilly, the enterntainment tonite dude who was leaving all those pervy messages (cant think of his name), donovan mcnabb, cindy crawford (my a - hole VP sat beside and talked to her so much she asked to be moved :D), helen hunt, that hot girl from cowtown on 24 (another one I cant think of her name), jimmy smits, dave foley, and the list goes on. Mostly the Friday flights to/from LA.

BOH Jun 30, 2005 1:40 pm

A couple of times on the LHR to YYZ routes fellow pax have pointed out a older chap (who was both times seated in 1A) as the "richest man in Canada". Can't remember his name though.

My only time was being seated on a BA plane in J next to the actor Robert Carlyle who played the lead role in the film, The Full Monty. Really nice chap to talk to, said they had a great time making the film and frequently had to cut the filming as one of them would erupt with laughter, particularly learning the dance sequences.

About 6 years ago my wife once sat next to the England soccer captain, David Beckham who was with his wife Victoria (aka Posh Spice), baby son and the nanny. My wife recalls that when they landed at LGW, all pax were held up de-planing until the Beckham's were off and they had a special vehicle to take them to the terminal. However, when all other pax got to the baggage hall, they were there waiting at the carousel just like everyone else. And whilst he was happy to talk to supporters and sign autographs, Victoria just scowled and refused to acknowledge anyone. Funny how being a crap singer went to her head with delusions of grandeur :rolleyes:

Mozzarella Jun 30, 2005 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by BOH
A couple of times on the LHR to YYZ routes fellow pax have pointed out a older chap (who was both times seated in 1A) as the "richest man in Canada". Can't remember his name though.

That would probably be Kenneth Thompson (newspapers, publishing etc.etc. - richest guy in Canada).

NordsFan Jun 30, 2005 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Mozzarella
That would probably be Kenneth Thompson (newspapers, publishing etc.etc. - richest guy in Canada).

Nope, it's parnel.... :p :D

shore9 Jun 30, 2005 9:38 pm

coming back from HNL I sat right beside Paul Walker, lead character in Fast and Furious. I had to ask him where i knew him from, he told me the name and I still didn't recognize it, then he told me the movie and I knew him instantly. He offered me some sleeping pills, I should have taken them, as he slept the entire flight.

Rejuvenated Jun 30, 2005 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Mozzarella

Or Jimmy Pattison. :D

yyznomad Jul 1, 2005 2:42 am

Originally Posted by YYCOllie

Yes, she is "preggers" too.

Originally Posted by William Hung
She bangs! She bangs!

yyznomad Jul 1, 2005 2:43 am

Originally Posted by HomerJ
...carol burnett, tim conway and don knotts (Carol burnett show retrospective at the U of T), maury chaiken, JD (oK now know as John) Roberts, Bill O'Reilly, the enterntainment tonite dude who was leaving all those pervy messages (cant think of his name), donovan mcnabb, cindy crawford (my a - hole VP sat beside and talked to her so much she asked to be moved :D), helen hunt, that hot girl from cowtown on 24 (another one I cant think of her name), jimmy smits, dave foley, and the list goes on. Mostly the Friday flights to/from LA.

Ditto here. I've seen many-a-celeb in the Domestic UA RCC at LAX. All American types though.

Rejuvenated Jul 1, 2005 3:01 am

Originally Posted by William Hung
She moves! She moves!

Minicooperman Jul 1, 2005 5:26 am

Originally Posted by shore9
He offered me some sleeping pills, .

I would just like to tell you all that it is not easy for me to restrain myself in such circumstances. But, I think that I have succeeded with great aplomb. (this time)

MCM :)