Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Accumulation on UA Flights 1900-2400?

Old Jul 29, 15, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE

This is a new one (for me):

Didn't get credit for UA1937 (SFO-IAH) and UA1912 (IAH-SFO) in W because, according to Aeroplan's accumulation chart for United, flight numbers between 1900 and 2400 are "codeshare flights not operated by UA and thus not eligible for accumulation" (or at least that's what 2 different Aeroplan agents told me).

However, these were not codeshare flights. They were definitely operated by UA.

Anyone had to deal with this cr*p before?
Old Jul 29, 15, 11:40 am

Programs: AC SE MM, UA MP 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, hhonors Diamond

Never heard of. That is complete crap and should be corrected with a phone call. Your boarding pass will clearly show it is a UA flight.
Old Jul 29, 15, 11:42 am

Programs: AC E35K
Same issue as talked about here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...umulation.html

The OP in that thread is still going through 'normal channels'. I would be escalating this one immediately.

IIRC this also happened once with UA flights operated by SkyWest. Ben Lipsey, an AC insider was involved in that thread.
Old Jul 29, 15, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyzgigi View Post
Never heard of. That is complete crap and should be corrected with a phone call. Your boarding pass will clearly show it is a UA flight.
If only things were that easy.

Instead of talking to United, Aeroplan is insisting that this is "what our accumulation chart tells us". On hold waiting for a manager now. Total time spent on this is now approaching 2 hours. What a waste of time.
Old Jul 29, 15, 11:50 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
I recall reading somewhere that this problem actually stems from the UA/CO merger and that many flight numbers in this range are former CO routes now operating under UA. I haven't had any UA segments/miles not posting to AE, but I have also mostly been taking AC this year.
Old Jul 29, 15, 11:57 am

I'm having the same issue. Credit was denied for UA1984 YYT-EWR operated by UA mainline.

UA1984 isn't a normal flight number for YYT-EWR. It's typically a three digit number, but for whatever reason it had the dreaded 1984 on a certain date several months ago.

Appreciate any advice on how I should escalate the issue. The normal avenues keep hitting brick walls.
Old Jul 29, 15, 12:01 pm

Can we not get some traction on this one please?!?!
I'm not one to call out the AC reps but between UA P / Skywest / UA flight numbers 1900-2400 .... C'mon.

UA must be the #1 *A partner for AP members, This needs to be fixed.
Old Jul 29, 15, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

After waiting on the phone for over an hour and being told it would be another 30 minutes before a manager would be available, and that said manager probably can't help me anyways, I've decided to hang up.

I've sent a tweet tagging @United, @Aeroplan, and @ACAltitude. Not sure if that will help.

It would be great if the AC representatives on this board could do something about it. This is clearly a systemic issue affecting multiple Altitude members.
Old Jul 29, 15, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by AC888 View Post
After waiting on the phone for over an hour and being told it would be another 30 minutes before a manager would be available, and that said manager probably can't help me anyways, I've decided to hang up.

I've sent a tweet tagging @United, @Aeroplan, and @ACAltitude. Not sure if that will help.

It would be great if the AC representatives on this board could do something about it. This is clearly a systemic issue affecting multiple Altitude members.
If you want to talk to a AC manager, and there is a long wait time, have them call you when they become available. That's what I do and they always call.
Old Jul 29, 15, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Originally Posted by yyzgigi View Post
This is BS, but not a AC problem. It is a UA/AP problem. I would be putting pressure on UA/AP. UA maybe just doesn't want to buy AP Miles for these flights.
Old Jul 29, 15, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
I just sent Ben an email, so hopefully he can start whatever process is necessary.
Old Jul 29, 15, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
I just sent Ben an email, so hopefully he can start whatever process is necessary.
Thanks for doing that and please keep us posted!
Old Jul 29, 15, 5:17 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Spire, AC E50K, AA, AM-Gold, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
I am having the same problem with Aeroplan for a flight taken on June 6th from LAX to EWR - flight UA 1956 - P class booking code.

Aeroplan denied the flight credits 2 weeks after my flight. I submitted a missing mileage request that was denied. When I contacted AP, I was asked to submit copies of my original UA ticket, boarding passes and any other documentation to prove that I took the flight. I also included a copy of my checked baggage tags.

I emailed the documentation more than 3 weeks ago to [email protected] as requested. I am still waiting...

It is interesting that my flights for YOW - IAD, IAD - SFO and EWR - YOW posted within 4 days of the flight. Only the LAX - EWR flight was denied.

mxm135
Old Jul 29, 15, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Plat, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AC888 View Post
Thanks for doing that and please keep us posted!
He replied and said he's looking into it.
Old Jul 29, 15, 6:21 pm

Programs: AC SE; SPG Platnium; HH G
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
He replied and said he's looking into it.
This is the same issue that was discussed awhile ago on another thread. Perhaps we should add these messages to that one? The only difference seemed to be that flight numbers, many were complaining then about flights with 5xxx

Search this Thread
Search Engine: