Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada Special Meals Thread (2015-2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Special Meals Thread (2015-2020)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yqtyyz
I got a green form that netted me $75.00 (malfunctioning seat in Premium Economy). There was no choice of miles or dollars as I simply received a letter enclosed with the electronic certificate's amount.

I have a white card pertaining to a malfunctioning IFE on a TPAC. Multiple emails sent, Super Elite email is useless... not sure what else to do. Not booking anything AC until it gets resolved.
The green form you fill out has two checkboxes. One for a travel credit, one for Aeroplan miles.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:05 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Hmm - the SD (she's worked 2 of my TPACs this year) filled everything out for me. I only received the torn-off portion at the bottom and never put pen to paper.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
The green form you fill out has two checkboxes. One for a travel credit, one for Aeroplan miles.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by yqtyyz
Hmm - the SD (she's worked 2 of my TPACs this year) filled everything out for me. I only received the torn-off portion at the bottom and never put pen to paper.
Ah. I'm interested how she managed to get your address, phone number, etc.

There's a left and a right portion to the top half. The left is filled out by the SD, the right by you. It has information so they can contact you.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:02 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Okay, I mixed up the cards' colours. The white one she left on the tray as I slept, and the green one, I dunno what happened. Because 77HD, and it was dark and everything.

Ah. I'm interested how she managed to get your address, phone number, etc.

There's a left and a right portion to the top half. The left is filled out by the SD, the right by you. It has information so they can contact you.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 5:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
GAK.

So of value to FT: the VOML meal has not changed from that chickpea curry dish.

Of some value to FT: I changed my SPML >24 hours out from the VOML to a NLML because I think I'm going to go stir crazy. One can order a SPML until T-18, but if you swap it out, it may not "take".

It used to, but it did not this time. The SD said that they have a VOML for me. I HATE Air Canada IT.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
GAK.

Of some value to FT: I changed my SPML >24 hours out from the VOML to a NLML because I think I'm going to go stir crazy. One can order a SPML until T-18, but if you swap it out, it may not "take".

It used to, but it did not this time. The SD said that they have a VOML for me. I HATE Air Canada IT.
Not sure it would have changed much. On a very recent YWG-YYZ flight I ordered a NLML and it was the chickpea curry. I asked the SD to see the tag and it said: Special Meal J: and it listed pretty much every single SPML code categories except low cal, fruit, bland and kosher...
Old Sep 4, 2015, 5:35 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
Not sure it would have changed much. On a very recent YWG-YYZ flight I ordered a NLML and it was the chickpea curry. I asked the SD to see the tag and it said: Special Meal J: and it listed pretty much every single SPML code categories except low cal, fruit, bland and kosher...
That's odd. The NLML has been the chicken with the tomato sauce and the fail of roasted potatos. Gak, that meal has spread? I'm sad

Edit. So I figured it out.

How ghetto is this? Turns out AC IT noticed the change so the chef or whatever crosses out VOML and hand wrote NLML

Roll eyes.

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Sep 4, 2015 at 5:46 pm
Old Sep 4, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
That's odd. The NLML has been the chicken with the tomato sauce and the fail of roasted potatos. Gak, that meal has spread? I'm sad

Roll eyes.
That's what I was expecting (chicken with tomato or "mustard-style" sauce) - which I have had in the past. I had a bad experience with the "chicken black bean" the week before, and not a fan of the cheesy potatoes that come with the beef - so I said, let's order the good old NLML. I know that sometimes, AC agent confuses NLML with one of the Vegetarian options and input the wrong SPML code - but the label was quite clear on this one. That said, I remember having had a similar experience ex-YYT in the last 12 months so wondering if this might be specific to Medium-Haul routes.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 7:40 pm

Sounds like the AVML I just had.

I'll post pictures at some point.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:56 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott LT PE, NEXUS/GE
Air Canada Special Meals Thread

I wish AC had a cheese and cracker platter as a special meal. Being a lacto-vegetarian I would order that all the time.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 2:17 pm

2000 miles deposited for no CHML on my flight two weeks ago.

It's interesting that I can earn almost as many miles for not getting the meal I order as I can for actually taking the flight
Old Sep 5, 2015, 2:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

2000 miles deposited for no CHML on my flight two weeks ago.

It's interesting that I can earn almost as many miles for not getting the meal I order as I can for actually taking the flight
Who did you contact to do this?

At the rate I'm not getting SPML's....I could make a fortune
Old Sep 5, 2015, 6:54 pm

Who did you contact to do this?

At the rate I'm not getting SPML's....I could make a fortune
Ask for a green form.

The SD on my flight proactively got one, once he confirmed that the manifest DID say I was supposed to have one (which is required - the form says something like "special meal not loaded when specified on the manifest".

He was really worried I was going to be a douchey SE until we chatted a bit more and he said I was cool

If it happens again, I'll check the travel voucher box, just to see what they'd offer rather than 2000 miles.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 6:59 pm

A) AVML
B) Aug 2015
C) BCN-YUL
D) INTL, Prem Rouge
E) Veggie curry, Dahl curry, rice

I quite liked this meal and normally find the AVML is better ex- Europe. More variety in the curries. Also, I have never had dairy present in any AVML.

Old Sep 8, 2015, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
$50

You need to ask for a green form. Some FAs offer it proactively. Many do not.
Wish I had read this thread more closely Regarding the green form. They didn't load my AVML a couple weeks ago out of YUL. The flight attendant (AC Rouge) told me I would need to call customer service and ask for compensation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.