Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Costco Aeroplan promotion by invitation only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2015, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan

Anyone else get this offer?

Buy $125 worth of specified Kirkland Signature products and get 750 miles.

Apparently you have to have gotten an invitation email to use the promotion.

http://www.costco.ca/aeroplan-kirkla...re-offers.html

I did get the email, but it is not very clear which items are included in the promo. I was at Costco just now and there is no signage or mention of it and the staff I asked had not heard of it.

Very strange indeed.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 6:07 pm

I got this one as well but it was slightly different. It was 650 ap for $100 of Kirkland products. If you click the "View eligible categories" button it takes you to a page that describe which items are part of it.

The one thing I'm not sure of is if you have to purchase that amount in one trip or if multiple purchases within the period are combined.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by viracocha
I got this one as well but it was slightly different. It was 650 ap for $100 of Kirkland products. If you click the "View eligible categories" button it takes you to a page that describe which items are part of it.

The one thing I'm not sure of is if you have to purchase that amount in one trip or if multiple purchases within the period are combined.
I believe what they are doing is test marketing the concept. I think they will be happy, I bought $592 worth of Kirkland Signature unsalted nuts.

The weird thing is that the products that are eligible are not spelled out - in fact, some of them in the pictures don't have the label showing. (I was able to recognize the plastic maple syrup jug as one of them.)

So does the promotion apply only to the products pictured? Or is it generally any Kirkland Signature items that aren't excluded, such as pet food and fresh stuff.

Very odd indeed.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 6:28 pm

Kind of a lousy promo, no?
Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by DealAddict
Kind of a lousy promo, no?
just another mismanaged promotion.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 9:24 pm

Does the purchase have to happen in one transaction? Couldnt get a clear understanding in the t&cs
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:10 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Has anyone actually gotten AP points from Costco or Costco.ca purchases?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Unrelated, did anyone receive on of these, not from Costco, but from Aeroplan?

Also, the email arrived on August 6. The promo is dated Aug 3-16.
Would have been nice to received it before the start of the promo period. Just saying....

Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:43 am

My wife and I are both Aeroplan members and only my wife received this offer (as she is the primary Costco member), although her offer was different than the OP (500 Aeroplan miles for spending $75). When we were last in Costco, I asked about this offer at the information desk, but they gave a funny answer. So I emailed Aeroplan. They replied say contact Costco. The Costco call centre was much more informative.

Apparently Costco gave Aeroplan a download of all their customers, then Aeroplan did a matching scan on their database, and then chose to offer specific people a target spend for bonus Aeroplan miles. On August 18th (the end of the promotion), Costco will provide another download with purchase information from July 22nd to August 18th, and Aeroplan will match the people with the offer to their purchase history of specific Kirkland products and then automatically credit customers with their bonus Aeroplan miles. So, as I understand it, there is nothing to be done by anyone who received this offer to get the bonus Aeroplan miles, other than to purchase the Kirkland Signature products. Note that the offer doesn't include fresh food products, although it seems to include Kirkland deli meats and Kirkland frozen food.

Perhaps Aeroplan is testing a new potential marketing promotion with the different levels. I suspect this offer won't prove anything. We only bought items we wanted anyways. But this promotion doesn't cost Costco anything.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by asa777
My wife and I are both Aeroplan members and only my wife received this offer (as she is the primary Costco member), although her offer was different than the OP (500 Aeroplan miles for spending $75). When we were last in Costco, I asked about this offer at the information desk, but they gave a funny answer. So I emailed Aeroplan. They replied say contact Costco. The Costco call centre was much more informative.

Apparently Costco gave Aeroplan a download of all their customers, then Aeroplan did a matching scan on their database, and then chose to offer specific people a target spend for bonus Aeroplan miles. On August 18th (the end of the promotion), Costco will provide another download with purchase information from July 22nd to August 18th, and Aeroplan will match the people with the offer to their purchase history of specific Kirkland products and then automatically credit customers with their bonus Aeroplan miles. So, as I understand it, there is nothing to be done by anyone who received this offer to get the bonus Aeroplan miles, other than to purchase the Kirkland Signature products. Note that the offer doesn't include fresh food products, although it seems to include Kirkland deli meats and Kirkland frozen food.

Perhaps Aeroplan is testing a new potential marketing promotion with the different levels. I suspect this offer won't prove anything. We only bought items we wanted anyways. But this promotion doesn't cost Costco anything.
Thanks for the additional info, so seems like all purchases made in period count and not just in 1 transaction. Agreed not a very compelling offer to change purchasing behaviours.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 4:32 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
Thanks for the details. I was wondering how they would link purchases to your AP account.

I was offered 750 AP for 125$
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Fairmont Platinum
750 miles posted today, back dated to Aug 18th in the activity. Bought 128$ of KS in one transaction.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 6:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Got 750 today from my dads Costco shopping adventures. Personally I can't stand the place but to each their own.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Yep, I got my 750 points as well, must have bought enough of those things of nuts.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 2:29 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by mikeycanuk
Got 750 today from my dads Costco shopping adventures. Personally I can't stand the place but to each their own.
Cannot stand going to Costco--I view going there with the same trepidation as boarding an AC Rouge flight in economy...something to avoid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.