Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tango Enhancement?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:47 pm
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by Premiere Elite - YEG
Thanks for the affirmation. Now I just hope the agents get the briefing because as recent as last month I had to prove my M-fare was valid.
That's why we did this - we wanted to improve customer experience by treating all fares as equal in this regard, and make it easier for agents in the process.

Last edited by Ben Lipsey; Jul 13, 2015 at 3:31 pm
Old Jul 13, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: Cessna TTx Self-Fly
Originally Posted by SearsTower
Same goes for the western triangle. Tango is now allowed same day standby. I am guessing thus just took effect July 7th as there is a comment about the change of same day change fee.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...ptions_ca.html
This chart indicates there is no fee for same day airport change for business class lowest. Is this new (I was under the impression that there was a fee for same day airport change for business lowest) and does the fee-free change apply to business class reward tickets too?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
by treating all fares as equal in this regard, and make it easier for agents in the process.
100% AQM on Tango confirmed !

Old Jul 13, 2015, 4:39 pm

That's why we did this - we wanted to improve customer experience by treating all fares as equal in this regard, and make it easier for agents in the process.
Ben, last week I flew YVR-YEG and wanted to do same-day standby for an earlier flight (I was on a flex fare). Using the AC app the only option that came up was a SDC for $75. Is there any way to update the OLCI process to allow for placement on the standby list on eligible routes?

Thanks
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Ben, is this part new?: "(connecting flights excluded)."

Seems like a silly exclusion that likely won't get enforced. In practice, AC has longer than necessary minimum connection times from international flights and when that is coupled with an early arrival, it is frustrating if one is not able to standby for an earlier flight if one gets to the gate on time.

(I recall having been able to do this before on Flex fares connecting through YUL, so if this is on longer allowed, it is a downgrade.)
Old Jul 13, 2015, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by The Lev
Ben, is this part new?: "(connecting flights excluded)."

Seems like a silly exclusion that likely won't get enforced. In practice, AC has longer than necessary minimum connection times from international flights and when that is coupled with an early arrival, it is frustrating if one is not able to standby for an earlier flight if one gets to the gate on time.

(I recall having been able to do this before on Flex fares connecting through YUL, so if this is on longer allowed, it is a downgrade.)
It's been my understanding that the standby policy does not apply to the connecting flight, e.g. if you're flying LGA-YYZ-YEG you may be able to standby for an earlier LGA-YYZ flight, but you'd not be entitled to standby for the an earlier YYZ-YEG flight. I.e. the standby policy applies to each segment.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: *$ Green
This is correct - Tango now receives same day standby on flights between the Eastern Triangle (YUL/YOW/YTO), Western Triangle (YVR/YEG/YYC), and Toronto to New York (YTO/NYC). This was done as part of a fare/policy simplification process.
Wait I am confused.

I am seeing posts about stand-by and SDC.

I thought that, as far as rapidair goes:

-Free stand-by on rapidair, but you can ONLY stand-by for an earlier flight (regardless of fare type)
-SDC is $75, this is if you want a confirmed seat on another flight and the only way to change to a later flight (because if you stand-by for a later flight and dont get on, you are fromaged)

So are we talking SDCs or stand-bys

(sorry if I misread the posts in the thread)
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Wait I am confused.

I am seeing posts about stand-by and SDC.

I thought that, as far as rapidair goes:

-Free stand-by on rapidair, but you can ONLY stand-by for an earlier flight (regardless of fare type)
-SDC is $75, this is if you want a confirmed seat on another flight and the only way to change to a later flight (because if you stand-by for a later flight and dont get on, you are fromaged)

So are we talking SDCs or stand-bys

(sorry if I misread the posts in the thread)
Now you're confusing me lol

Free standby on RapidAir as per routes above now, even for Tango tickets.

SDC is now $100. If you want a confirmed SDC to an earlier or later flight. The ability to do so has always been the same but now the price has changed
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:37 pm
alc

Tango Same Day Change was $150 for all route before, so reduce to $100 for these routes now is a "real" enchantment. And I like the free standby for those routes, wish this was available during my EYW4 run.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by alc
Tango Same Day Change was $150 for all route before, so reduce to $100 for these routes now is a "real" enchantment. And I like the free standby for those routes, wish this was available during my EYW4 run.
But there are multiple posts that say the SDC fee used to be $75, not $150 as you posted.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:20 pm
alc

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
But there are multiple posts that say the SDC fee used to be $75, not $150 as you posted.
Hmm, I was going by my memory when I ask about the change fee in the past. May be my memory had failed me again.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
$75 for domestic, became $100 on effective July 7, 2015. $150 for transborder, and still $150 for transborder, except for YYZ-LGA/JFK/EWR now $100 for SDC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.