Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2016, 5:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jwongathon
Travelling YVR-YYZ on a 77W on April 23 on a K (tango) fare.

Want to purchase an LMU but want to know ballpark how much itll be?

J
Around $700
Old Apr 2, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by jwongathon
Travelling YVR-YYZ on a 77W on April 23 on a K (tango) fare.

Want to purchase an LMU but want to know ballpark how much itll be?

J
I have been paying $584 plus tax. On flex but I don't think that matters.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 9:19 pm

And sorry, they also upgraded two FAs in uniform.. mind you, I had 2 free seats next to me.... yes, 2.... in a a narrowbody.. Drink with me and I'll explain what that means.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 9:19 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Wandered back towards Int MLL and thought I'd chat with the agent about the LMU again.

me: "I have an Aeroplan booking on which I'd like to purchase an upgrade. Is this possible?"
concierge: "I'm pretty certain yes. Let me see... line 1 (pointing to the screen)..." taps the 1 key on keyboard, swings the monitor around and says "See? $648 after tax."

... transacted with very pleasant conversation redacted...

And I write this sitting in the International MLL in YUL.

Now I'm out a bag charge, I have to wait at baggage claim when for sure I'd get overhead... Apparently LMU isn't something AC trains agents to sell, and would rather eup waitlisted cheapeners?

I didn't know that the Lounge agents were able to sale LMU's! Good to know for next time...
Old Apr 3, 2016, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cooleddie
I didn't know that the Lounge agents were able to sale LMU's! Good to know for next time...
Any agent with a computer can do it.

I asked a concierge in a lounge once about upgrading a friend (also on an X fare), but the prices were higher than he was willing to pay.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Any agent with a computer can do it.
So this was just incompetence? I'll be nice, the sign above her did say special needs... It's nice Air Canada is doing its part in keeping everyone employed.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 12:12 pm

So this was just incompetence? I'll be nice, the sign above her did say special needs... It's nice Air Canada is doing its part in keeping everyone employed.
I don't think that was called for. You want to call them incompetent, fine, but this last comment was un-necessary.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 10:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
So this was just incompetence?
Even ignoring http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-re-wrong.html, you more than post people should recognize YVR and the variety of agents.

Do you not recall Geraldine?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Upgrade Cost from Tango to J for YYC-NRT

I know this is a little bit of a loaded question, as it varies greatly, but I was just wondering for those with experience on this route - what do you normally see at 24 hours for an upgrade charge from Tango to J? I am going in Mid October. Just wondering if availability is even possible, and if so, what kind of upgrade fee I am looking at.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Total trivia here but only because I still had this saved in photos (LOL)

A year ago, YVR-NRT, 2 different flights a few weeks apart, at OLCI, LMUs offered from PE to J were $1,095 and $1.295 (before taxes)

About 5 months ago, YYZ-NRT at OLCI, LMU from PE to J $1,396 before taxes.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:13 pm

I know PE to J is possible, but would there be an option to go from Y to J? Or would it be first LMU is from Y to PE? and then if you try again, it'll be PY to J?
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by hsandhar
I know PE to J is possible, but would there be an option to go from Y to J? Or would it be first LMU is from Y to PE? and then if you try again, it'll be PY to J?
I would ask why wouldn't LMUs be available to all classes at OLCI? Not everyone is going to buy them, so I would assume if it pops up during the process, then it's available. I'd be more curious to see the prices.

And yes, I would also be curious to know if options appear on the LMU to buy up to PE or J, or just J.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:13 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
You can search NRT in the LMU thread...not Calgary specific, but it still gives a good outline of prices

Results like this:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/searc...ge=3&query=nrt

And yes, there are differently priced upgrades from Y to J , Y to PE and PE to J.

You will never be offered an on line LMU coming back from Japan but you can ask at the airport when you check in. It is usually 1000 from Y to J coming back (assuming availability, of course)
Old Apr 13, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by mapleg
You can search NRT in the LMU thread...not Calgary specific, but it still gives a good outline of prices

Results like this:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/searc...ge=3&query=nrt

And yes, there are differently priced upgrades from Y to J , Y to PE and PE to J.

You will never be offered an on line LMU coming back from Japan but you can ask at the airport when you check in. It is usually 1000 from Y to J coming back (assuming availability, of course)
Thanks so much. This is exactly what I needed. This flight was $750 vs. $6000 for J, so I figured I would try to LMU, and I don't have luck, that's why god made Ambien.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by 24left

About 5 months ago, YYZ-NRT at OLCI, LMU from PE to J $1,396 before taxes.
Tax is zero for LMU to HKG and Japan, based on what I paid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.