Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Cale905
Worst for me was flying (think it was 876) to FRA last January. Family of 3 (adult daughter, father and grandfather) all in 18, with my boss and I sharing the aisle seats (G/J). The adult daughter was seated in F and elbowed my boss throughout the flight and sneezed on his leg (didn't use a tissue either). I have a smattering of Cantonese, and what my boss was saying about her wasn't nice

Dad was in 18K, and while he didn't didn't act gross, he did treat the FA's like serfs and was laughing like a castrated donkey at whatever he was watching on his IFE.

Grandpa was the best and, joy oh joy, he was beside me. Took off his sandals, and started cleaning his right big toe just before dinner to whet my appetite. I said "Seriously?" and was ignored. Dinner obviously didn't agree with his GI system and he was making no attempt to hide his efforts to break wind. Everyone recognizes the "One Cheek Sneak"...I sure did, since he (as Monty Python said) "F@rted in my general direction". It's very possible he may have "followed through" on one or several of his attempts to pass gas, and he decided to check this by rummaging his left hand quite thoroughly in the crack of his pants (jostling me more than a wee bit), then placing said hand on the armrest we shared.

It gets better, trust me.

As we were all trying to get to sleep, Grandpa decided that he wasn't comfortable, and decided to stretch out, attempting to do so by lifting both his feet over our shared armrest and literally trying to put them in my lap.

That did it for me. I grabbed his feet and tossed them back on his side of the armrest and said "this is my personal space, stay on your bloody side" Dad on the window then tried to scold me about being mean to his father and that his dad wasn't comfortable about flying. I replied to him that his father's disgusting behaviour was making me uncomfortable.

All of the above happened with nary a check-in by any FA, BTW.

Upon arrival in my hotel in Nurnberg about 8 hours later, I literally wanted to burn my clothes and bathe in bleach.
Sorry for you having to endure this but I must say that I really enjoyed your telling of the story. Unbelievable what people will do.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
For me, I feel really really weird sitting in dress pants if I have any skin exposed from the waist down. I cross my legs, and if skin is exposed, I make sure I pull my socks up. To me, it's just being decent. Wearing shorts in a J cabin is unacceptable to me.

To me, this SE was REALLY cheapening the J cabin.
Oh, dear. The last three trips I was on I wore shorts - on two of them I even wore flip flops - in J.

islandcub, cheapening the J cabin since 1994
Old Jul 29, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Never done the flip flop in J thing.

I have done shorts when going down south though.

I am leaving to Japan in a few days. It's 89% humidity there at the moment.

Would an AC employee/representative from this forum please give me permission to temporarily cheapen the J cabin? Thanks.

But in all seriousness, what I planed to do was to walk on the plane in jeans/shirt, move to sweats after dinner in order to sleep comfortably, and then switch to shorts before arrival.

Is that cheapening or just discounting?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 5:06 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by 24left
Um, it was neither I nor the Penguin. Collection of shorts were in Y.
Originally Posted by 24left
At least 3 walked by in shorts. I noticed because the shoes didn't match. These things matter you know. I also noticed the person sitting in 3D.

Other than bare feet, I'm still waiting for a real episode of Hall of Shame
I still remember the look () on your face of....I can't believe pax are dressed like this like it was hours ago. Sure you may roll your eyes, but I don't mind it
Hang on... Just catching up here. Absolutely, one has every reason to be dismayed by poor fashion sense. But shorts? As in short pants? These are unacceptable in J?

Originally Posted by YEG2MM
Is a skirt okay?
Thank you. Unless the lack of individual leg compartments makes all the difference
Old Jul 29, 2015, 5:51 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Is a skirt okay?
Or a kilt?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Is a skirt okay?
That's fine. Appropriate length though. A mini skirt is not appropriate.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
That's fine. Appropriate length though. A mini skirt is not appropriate.
So what's wrong with shorts?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So what's wrong with shorts?
Originally Posted by ffsim
... the lack of individual leg compartments makes all the difference
Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
Originally Posted by islandcub1
Oh, dear. The last three trips I was on I wore shorts - on two of them I even wore flip flops - in J.

islandcub, cheapening the J cabin since 1994
Me too. On my last few flights in J I wore shorts, and I will wear them again on my next flight. It's hot, and when I fly I am on vacation mode. The way I see it, I've paid for my seat and have every right to wear what I want (within socially acceptable limits of course. I wouldn't board a plane wearing nothing but underwear). If the sight of my bare legs offends you, then don't look at them. And feel free to roast in your suit while I am comfortably seated in my shorts
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:01 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Wearing shorts in a J cabin is unacceptable to me.
I don't know about this SAP. I'm flying premium rouge to LAX next week with my son. I really feel you should give us a buy for that one.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
This salmon is done swimming against the tide I guess I just prefer a look more on the professional side than most. And fwiw, I never did say suit....dress pants, dress shoes, that sort of look. But hey, we can't all look like Nomad
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:23 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
My only ask is that people wear clothes that fit them, that's it - that's my only ask.

If you're a size 4 wear size 4, if you're a size 34 wear 34. Just make sure they fit and stuff isn't hanging out everywhere .
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
My only ask is that people wear clothes that fit them, that's it - that's my only ask.

If you're a size 4 wear size 4, if you're a size 34 wear 34. Just make sure they fit and stuff isn't hanging out everywhere .
And that is why I can no longer wear my cheapening t-shirt. The dryer cheapened it down three sizes. And by "three sizes" I mean from XL to M.

I completely agree though. Although I'll admit, sometimes I don't mind seeing a bit of a gap between top and bottom when someone bends over, but my tastes may not be the same as your tastes. And I wear clothes that don't show skin
Old Jul 30, 2015, 5:58 am

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
This salmon is done swimming against the tide I guess I just prefer a look more on the professional side than most. And fwiw, I never did say suit....dress pants, dress shoes, that sort of look. But hey, we can't all look like Nomad
Hey I know you didn't say suit, you said pants. But every good story needs a teeny tiny bit of exaggeration, don't you think? Nevertheless, you are welcome to roast in your long dress pants while I'm comfortably seated in my shorts
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
the length of shorts for gentlemen should such that it doesn't attract squirrels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.