Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 24left
I see absolutely nothing wrong with anything in that photo.

This, on the other hand...

Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
No, that's where his hands were when I took the photo.
If he's sleeping though....I mean, human beings do that. It's a fact of life. If I were the SD, I'd be clueless as to what to do. But if his pants were on, I'd do exactly what you did and move to an empty seat. If there were no empty seats, I'd just live with it.

This is the same grey area to me as talking about body parts at 37000 feet It's frowned upon, but not necessarily illegal.

Last edited by tcook052; Aug 27, 2015 at 1:18 pm Reason: content
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
....I'd do exactly what you did and move to an empty seat.....
Along with the better view out the window, I had 4DF all to myself. Yay.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:57 pm

I remember years ago,first time I flew to SEA. I was kitty corner to a lady with a baby. She procedes to change the poopy diaper on the seat next to her . The stench was bad. She then tried to give the soiled diaper to the FA , who informs her that they cannot accept those .
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
People do this as we let them!

Perhaps its because I am getting older or just getting tired of crap, but I say things to people. Yesterday sitting in the corner in the YVR DOM MLL my family and I were sitting with a fellow F/F and the gentlemen who's appearance may suggest he works in the oil and gas field was sitting with his boots onto the leather chairs. We came up to him and I had that look as to say we are not in a trailer park!

We are having a good conversation when all of a sudden he decides to watch video on his phone without a headset, nice and loud. So I reached into my bag, grab the spare set of AC headset turned to him and said loudly so all around could hear " het here is a free headset for you, may work better". He declined and off the phone went. My wife just looked at me as she could not believe what I just did. She is a polite tea and crumpets gal

So yes I push back and call people out!^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ

No, that's where his hands were when I took the photo.

Did I really need to make this point?
Apparently, yes.

Last edited by tcook052; Aug 27, 2015 at 8:52 pm
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by United_727
I remember years ago,first time I flew to SEA. I was kitty corner to a lady with a baby. She procedes to change the poopy diaper on the seat next to her . The stench was bad. She then tried to give the soiled diaper to the FA , who informs her that they cannot accept those .
I'm sick and tired of the lack of decorum nowadays. Especially from us North Americans. We suck woolly mammoth dung with dung beetle larva inside of each chunk of poop.

So many bloody slobs onboard aircraft.

Yes - you know who you are - SLOBS who stink it up with your drowned perfume/eau de poopoo, prop your feet (bare, socked, shoed, any) onto the armrest of the seat in front of you, picking your bumbum and licking it in front of others, horking loudly pretending nobody can hear you, talking so loudly on your cellphone that nobody can hear the announcements being made on the PA, people changing their kids' diapers right next to other passengers, people letting their kids poop in the aisle... it goes on and on... those who belong to this list - you all suck common house fly larva crawling in festering garbage piles.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I'm sick and tired of the lack of decorum nowadays. Especially from us North Americans. We suck woolly mammoth dung with dung beetle larva inside of each chunk of poop.
I whole heartedly agree. This is the downside of the "highly efficient ends justifies the mean - job above anything else" society that we are in today.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I whole heartedly agree. This is the downside of the "highly efficient ends justifies the mean - job above anything else" society that we are in today.
In a weird way, I want AC to make the prices higher in J, make J availability more difficult to those who are not SE, and remove free lounge passes.
Of course, this doesn't eradicate the pig rigs who can afford to buy the plane they are sitting in while farting, burping, groping, etc.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yyznomad
In a weird way, I want AC to make the prices higher in J, make J availability more difficult to those who are not SE, and remove free lounge passes.
Of course, this doesn't eradicate the pig rigs who can afford to buy the plane they are sitting in while farting, burping, groping, etc.
IMO this assumption is a bit flawed. You are assuming that those who make more $ to afford this super exclusive club have better decorum.

I work regularly with CTO's, CIO's who make millions per year. Trust me, the decorum / politeness is not better. In fact, I think the IT guy who makes $50k a year has better decorum.

I like $ like the next person does but IME, it does not equate to respect, decorum or anything.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IMO this assumption is a bit flawed. You are assuming that those who make more $ to afford this super exclusive club have better decorum.

I work regularly with CTO's, CIO's who make millions per year. Trust me, the decorum / politeness is not better. In fact, I think the IT guy who makes $50k a year has better decorum.

I like $ like the next person does but IME, it does not equate to respect, decorum or anything.
Hence my rig pig statement. The statement acknowledges my understanding that there is not necessarily a good correlation, but I am going to say that there is a partial correlation.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any Freddy Krueger sightings lately?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 7:54 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I see absolutely nothing wrong with anything in that photo.
I actually have to agree with the Cow here (I know - crazy). This doesn't bother me one bit.

Now, if there were no socks bare feet I'd have an issue.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
I actually have to agree with the Cow here (I know - crazy). This doesn't bother me one bit.

Now, if there were no socks bare feet I'd have an issue.
Then you'd absolutely love Freddy Krueger's feet.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:52 am

Programs: *$ Green
This thread is very slow moving.

Almost as if AC pax were some of the best behaved pax in the world.

Prove me wrong.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:05 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
This thread is very slow moving.

Almost as if AC pax were some of the best behaved pax in the world.

Prove me wrong.
Ok. How about the couple with the under 2 year old toddler who changed his diapers while the child stood on the middle seat. No mat or covering was put on the seat and the offending dirty diaper was simply put into a plastic bag and put in the seatback where the inflight magazines reside.

A 2nd set of lazy parents let their aprox 5 year old child run laps up and down the aisles for a lengthy period of time while most pax were sleeping.

This was on a NRT-YYC flight. I have never seen this kind of behaviour on many trans-pac flights, so not sure why I was so "lucky" on this one. Ugh!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.