Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly in-flight on AC

Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly in-flight on AC

Old Mar 30, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by 5mm
Good reason to be self employed.
Your preference is 15 idiot bosses and zero PTO?
canadiancow and acse17 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: SE100k, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by svirac
I see all the time: Zone 1 pax putting both their bags in the overhead. It drives me mental. When I speak up, Ill typically get something like thats why I board early - thats the benefit of Zone 1. Or something along those lines. Seriously people are not normal.
Guilty of this on occasion, but I'll spread my bags out so that I'm not hogging everything directly overhead.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
A colleague shared the plot from today's episode of Douches and Karma aboard AC's Rapid Air.

My colleague boards in Z2 and places his legal bag in the overhead above his seat in row 14. A subsequent Z2 pax puts his legal bag in the overhead in that same row, then heads forward to grab his seat in row 12.

Eventually, a Z4 passenger boards, removes Mr. Row 12's bag from the bin, places it on the floor, and puts his in the newly-vacated bin space. He then casually grabs the seat next to my coworker and continues using his mobile phone as if nothing happened. Coworker wisely decides to bite his tongue and let the cabin crew handle the homeless bag.

While looking for a spot to place Mr. Row 12's bag, they discover that Mr. Row 14 Loser's bag is too big to allow the bins to close, so his bag goes underneath and Mr. Row 12 -- who has been non-the-wiser this whole time -- has his bag end up back in its original spot.

You can't make this stuff up
D582, canadiancow and acse17 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by ffsim
A colleague shared the plot from today's episode of Douches and Karma aboard AC's Rapid Air.

My colleague boards in Z2 and places his legal bag in the overhead above his seat in row 14. A subsequent Z2 pax puts his legal bag in the overhead in that same row, then heads forward to grab his seat in row 12.

Eventually, a Z4 passenger boards, removes Mr. Row 12's bag from the bin, places it on the floor, and puts his in the newly-vacated bin space. He then casually grabs the seat next to my coworker and continues using his mobile phone as if nothing happened. Coworker wisely decides to bite his tongue and let the cabin crew handle the homeless bag.

While looking for a spot to place Mr. Row 12's bag, they discover that Mr. Row 14 Loser's bag is too big to allow the bins to close, so his bag goes underneath and Mr. Row 12 -- who has been non-the-wiser this whole time -- has his bag end up back in its original spot.

I'm sure someone here would say that what Mr. Row 14 did was A-OK.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Only if he was R12's coworker and punking him...
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
And others will suggest my coworker should've done his best Chuck Norris impersonation
Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: SE100k, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador

This is nuts. I get irrationally angry if people touch my belongings, beyond simple repositioning within the bin.
jc94 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:06 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I suspect Mr. Row 14 was actually Smug Guy from the Signature Class video.
jasdou likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by acse17
This is nuts. I get irrationally angry if people touch my belongings, beyond simple repositioning within the bin.
What do you want us to say? You yourself define it as "irrationally".
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: Back of the bus

Sounds partly like the incident I had back in 2012 I think where a DYKWIA took my bag out from over Row 1 storage, dumped it ON me, said "MY BAG NEEDS TO BE UP HERE" and then almost started world war 2. Thankfully the FA's stepped in, and he pretty much didn't get any of his choices for the rest of the flight (sorry sir that meal choice is now gone, sorry sir we are short dessert... karma's a .....)
YVRYEGYVR likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by acse17
I've seen people get irrationally angry when I "reposition" their bag in a 787 or 7M8 bin, because they've put it in the stupid way. Not the "big bin" way, not the 320 bin way, but the stupid way.

Luckily, on a 787 in J, I can usually leave their bag the stupid way and still fit mine in the correct way. But if there's already a second bag, I need to flip theirs so it takes up the space of 1, not 4.
acse17 and 5mm like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I've seen people get irrationally angry when I "reposition" their bag in a 787 or 7M8 bin, because they've put it in the stupid way. Not the "big bin" way, not the 320 bin way, but the stupid way.
I've seen a person trying to store their roller in the overhead bin, with the handle still extended. I think that would count as a stupid way ...
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by canopus27
I've seen a person trying to store their roller in the overhead bin, with the handle still extended. I think that would count as a stupid way ...
I'm sure all (AC) FA/SD lurkers/posters here have an unlimited supply of similar stories (re: "stupid way").
canopus27 and canadiancow like this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
These dumb folks simply emphasize the Darwinism theory and as such if there was ever an emergency I know who to save (what, too cold?)
Old May 10, 2019, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 28, 2020 at 2:11 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.