Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly in-flight on AC

Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly in-flight on AC

Old Jan 15, 2019, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
Shameful 2MM Conduct

delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 23, 2020 at 8:10 pm
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by skybluesea
While I am far too busy to continue posting here, must call-out passenger today on AC 302 YVR-YUL seated in 5k on fully loaded A330 who berated the flight attendant for a missed meal assignment. Everyone could hear him go and on - FA tried to appease but no luck. eventually she left crying and then a number of us called him out as abusive behavior by this passenger for everyone to hear.

For the self-proclaimed 2MM, if your reading this be ashamed for your conduct - minor stuff gets missed, FA apologized - get over it 🔇

It happens quite often in my experience that MMs get missed for meal choices because they delegate to one of the flight attendants and tell them to go ask the super elites. So they only pick out the passengers with SE100k next to their names. And think SEMM is different. Or so am told.

It happens to me all the time actually but luckily I usually want the least favoured meal and if I do mention it they always say they would have fixed it anyway by going back and telling someone else their choice wasnt actually available.

Unless you mean a special meal.

Im surprised there were no consequences if this really resulted in staff in tears.
karachi, skybluesea and Silver Fox like this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by skybluesea
While I am far too busy to continue posting here, must call-out passenger today on AC 302 YVR-YUL seated in 5k on fully loaded A330 who berated the flight attendant for a missed meal assignment. Everyone could hear him go and on - FA tried to appease but no luck. eventually she left crying and then a number of us called him out as abusive behavior by this passenger for everyone to hear.

For the self-proclaimed 2MM, if your reading this be ashamed for your conduct - minor stuff gets missed, FA apologized - get over it 🔇

Shameful. What a bully.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, which one of you folks was it?
(Almost 2MM here. But not quite.)
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Where does the community stand on people doing the whole Vlogging (is that still the term?) thing in-flight.

I find it super disruptive and irksome myself.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
Where does the community stand on people doing the whole Vlogging (is that still the term?) thing in-flight.

Yes, it's super disruptive and irksome. Go get your own broadcast studio.
Any talking that's not conversation at a normal voice level stands out and should be punished swiftly and severely.

... although on this thread, I find stories about horrible behaviours more entertaining than theorizing about them :/

Last edited by jerry305; Jan 15, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:48 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Mr. 2MM in 5K isn't going to say anything here.
There seem to be a lot of new FAs on the YVR-YUL/YYZ flights this year and the older SDs (especially the males) don't seem to be very good at training them. 2 flights ago, I had a SD quite condescending to the young woman, patronizing too, so yes I can see how a new FA could make a small error.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by Stranger
So, which one of you folks was it?
(Almost 2MM here. But not quite.)
Definitely not me...I will have Mrs Plumber attest to my whereabouts!
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Plumber
Definitely not me...I will have Mrs Plumber attest to my whereabouts!
LOL
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:48 am

Programs: AC SE MM
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope

I too would find it bothersome and I'm one that at times does some filming onboard which some have seen on this forum. I never film anyone else or talk to the camera when I'm making an onboard video. First for privacy of others and second, I wouldn't want someone beside me vlogging the entire trip as I've seen on some online videos.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
On today's episode of Passengers Behaving Badly, or at the very least, selfishly.....on my YVR-YYZ narrow body

Example 1

Woman sits down next to me. Proceeds to put all of her carry-on items (roller with laptop) plus purse plus other items in 2 of the 3 paces under seats in front of us. I asked if I could use part of one of her spaces for small stuff, use my space for my backpack and free up space in the OH bin for someone else. She said, "Well I need the space as I have my work in there". She slept almost the entire way east.

OK then

Example 2

Guy boards, tosses his bag above 2AC and continues walking. Quick thinking and clearly also watching the boarding activities, is the FA. She calls him out, asks where he's seated. Yes, you are correct, in Y. She says the bins are for J and no everyone has boarded. He looks at her, shrug and she looks back. Bag moved.

After everyone is seated, a group about 6 pax come up the aisle with their carry-ons, all small size but apparently absolutely no room in bins. All forced to gate check to their destination. I hope when they land in DXB, their bags are there.

This has happened on a few recent narrow body flights. One crew member observed that people are stuffing coats into bins which is taking up space and wondered why people can't keep their coats on their seats.

Well, that would require some extra math skills.....perhaps

Either way, this stuff is becoming a form of live IFE for me on some flights.

Last edited by 24left; Jan 18, 2019 at 7:17 am Reason: spelling
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
This has happened on a few recent narrow body flights. One crew member observed that people are stuffing coats into bins which is taking up space and wondered why people can't keep their coats on their seats.
I'm traveling tomorrow. My coat is in my carry-on.

Why on earth would you be wearing a coat through the airport?
Bohemian1 and eigenvector like this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm traveling tomorrow. My coat is in my carry-on.

Why on earth would you be wearing a coat through the airport?
My coat doesnt fit in my carry on. Ive been known to throw it on to walk onto the plane. Especially if someone decides to weight carry one as I have large pockets

Ive also been known to put it overhead if it fits above / on top of said carry on where there isnt space for or I dont want people dumping heavy things on it.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by 24left
Either way, this stuff is becoming a form if live IFE for me on some flights.
I agree that this can be the most entertaining part of a flight. I'm usually traveling in Y (unfortunately) but have zone 2 boarding thanks to my TD Visa. So, I get to settle in early and watch the fun as people try to shove their clearly oversized bags into the overhead bins.

There are those who give up but leave the bag partially sticking out of the bin in the hopes that an FA will somehow be able to bend the laws of physics. And then there are the people who take up a whole bin with a coat carefully laid out length wise and act annoyed and surprised by other people's reactions to this. The best fun was the time the FA made an announcement for a particular Y pax to come up to J to claim the bag they left there or it would be checked. And then there is the fun on landing as people try to swim against the current to get their bags out of bins behind them rather than waiting until the aisle clears.
jerry305 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
I'm going to pre-emptively call out bad behaviour on the person who booked a preferred middle seat beside me for my flight on Monday morning, as opposed to taking anyone of the multitude of empty aisle or windows, or for that matter, empty rows, further back. You'd really rather be jammed into 12B/E and irritate your seatmates for the extra 2" of legroom than have an aisle or middle seat somewhere in row 20-25? With any amount of careful planning, you'll get at least an empty middle beside you. But now, I get to deal with you instead.

Seriously, who does this? The flight is nowhere near full.

And yes, I am entitled and self-centred. And became very comfortable with both those facts a long time ago, so no need to point them out to me...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.