Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
J suppose to board first. lol
J is supposed to board whenever they darn well please and have a reasonable expectation that the bin above their assigned seat will have space for their belongings.
karachi, yyckerr, jerry305 and 3 others like this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
J is supposed to board whenever they darn well please and have a reasonable expectation that the bin above their assigned seat will have space for their belongings does not contain baggage belonging to passenger(s) in a different cabin.
FTFY
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ffsim

FTFY
Fairly edited.
ffsim likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
J is supposed to board whenever they darn well please and have a reasonable expectation that the bin above their assigned seat will have space for their belongings.
In theory YES, but I don't know how many times I see pax boarding checking the overhead bins along the way and if space is open they use it. I like how UA mentions over the PA while boarding.."use only the bin space over your seat selection" and way of reminding those who like to take liberties with overhead bins to be courteous!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:30 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by james dean
In theory YES, but I don't know how many times I see pax boarding checking the overhead bins along the way and if space is open they use it. I like how UA mentions over the PA while boarding.."use only the bin space over your seat selection" and way of reminding those who like to take liberties with overhead bins to be courteous!
Like my post from yesterday

Originally Posted by 24left
Just boarded AC 405
A guy dumps his bag above seats 12 A-C ......and walks to the back
Now pax in 12 have no space for their bag
SD and FA shrug
And this was my live IFE and we haven’t even pushed back yet
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left
Like my post from yesterday
You do realize that a majority of the posts between your said post yesterday and the post of yours I'm quoting right now... is all about your said post.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
Originally Posted by yyznomad
You do realize that a majority of the posts between your said post yesterday and the post of yours I'm quoting right now... is all about your said post.
gotta love these word puzzles...
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:44 am

I stand corrected, J has the privilege to board first. And I fully support the latter part of your angry comment. Others insist the bin space is communal.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
I stand corrected, J has the privilege to board first. And I fully support the latter part of your angry comment. Others insist the bin space is communal.
J is allowed to board first, but do not necessarily exercise this right exclusively when gate agents dont enforce it. i've seen people crowd the line and Zone 4/5 being allowed to board with Zone 1.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
The J bins in the MAX operating AC615 yesterday were 25% un-uniformed crew[1] dropping things off before heading to the back of the bus.

[1] visible lanyards, obvious AC branded bags
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by RangerNS
The J bins in the MAX operating AC615 yesterday were 25% un-uniformed crew[1] dropping things off before heading to the back of the bus.

[1] visible lanyards, obvious AC branded bags
That's crap, time for Flight Ops to issue a Memo to all crews. If you show up to your J seat and the bin is full of crew bags the FD should enquire if these bags belong to a crew in J...if not then have the said bags tagged at the jetway to be avail on deplaning. No reason why one has to cue the boarding line just to ensure you have bin space, especially in the J cabin...
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
oopsies
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by james dean
That's crap, time for Flight Ops to issue a Memo to all crews. If you show up to your J seat and the bin is full of crew bags the FD should enquire if these bags belong to a crew in J...if not then have the said bags tagged at the jetway to be avail on deplaning. No reason why one has to cue the boarding line just to ensure you have bin space, especially in the J cabin...
I boarded in Zone 1. J itself had 3 or 4 seats empty when, at around Zone 3, the crew travelers just started loading up the bins up front. They did not even try to find space in the back. And the MAX generally has a lot of bin space.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
What I really don't understand is why crew would do that on a 7M8.

You can't run out of space on that plane. You can get 6 full-size carryons in each bin (except the very first one).
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
What I really don't understand is why crew would do that on a 7M8.

You can't run out of space on that plane. You can get 6 full-size carryons in each bin (except the very first one).
I can see that happening with a contingent/standby pax who gets the BP just before the flight closes, you board the airplane and everyone is seated the flight is hammered full so you check the bins as you proceed to the last open seat, that I have no problem with!
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.