Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jc94

None noticed my seat belt wasn’t done up. One end was under his rear.

I normally do the belt on boarding but don’t bother when I know I’m going to have to let people in.

This thread should be about you now! How dare you!

Also, while you're at it being sneaky and evil, whip out your stinky feet and pick your toenails and lick the toejam. That's your ML*2 standby confirmed self-prepared-meal.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I used to bring sanitizing wipes, until I discovered they share a chemical with a form of explosive, so if you have a cleaning supply leak in your bag, you find out how loud the bomb alarms are in YYZ TB security.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Badenoch
Contrary to your assumption the passenger didn't leave remnants over the tray and seat. His clippings were momentarily on the tray but if that causes anxiety you will be horrified to discover that I and millions of other passengers wipe our mouths with napkins and place them on the tray. Some of us even might, gasp, blow our noses in those same napkins.
I get it, you must have been that pedicurist as you seem to know exactly how grooming went down. You must be super agile to lay your feet on the tray to do the toenails. Anyways, the other millions of people most likely perform the personal hygiene before they board the plane. You use napkins?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I used to bring sanitizing wipes, until I discovered they share a chemical with a form of explosive, so if you have a cleaning supply leak in your bag, you find out how loud the bomb alarms are in YYZ TB security.
That probably explains why AC planes are dirty, they can not get the sanitizing supplies through security.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Designated Hide Profile
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
This thread should be about you now! How dare you!

Also, while you're at it being sneaky and evil, whip out your stinky feet and pick your toenails and lick the toejam. That's your ML*2 standby confirmed self-prepared-meal.
Yes. I am a dangerous FOTSG. Shame the for my safety FAs didn’t spot it.

Oh my. Well this lady got through and unlike my friend at FRA wasn’t stopped for a positive explosives test on her laptop.

Its been far too long since you’ve been accused of sabotage actually.

I wonder if reading this thread is safe here at YYZ where I’m now 35 mins past gate with zero bags out.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
If I may reassure you and others, I currently use the house brand bathroom cleaning wet wipes common to Shoppers/Loblaws/Jean Coutu/Metro. They have never caused me an issue in the past 5 years including being swabbed on domestic and international (including china where my 10 ml bottle of hand sanitizer was seized.) The wipes come up dirty on AC but filthy black on Shanghai/China Eastern regional flights. I find that this addresses the sticky mess left behind. Unfortunately, they are not good at attaching to nail clippings, but they do work on boogers. I often have a small roll of electrical tape in my bag that I can use to reattach broken items, secure banging items or to cover over the gum wads left behind.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: Altitude SE, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
It was regular coke, full can - asked for specifically.

He ate every last piece. Cleaned the plate so to speak.

As some have commented, I was so awestruck with the display that I had to see where it went. Remember, I started the journey at him clipping fingernails, then the shoes and socks came off. The complete ecstasy he experienced while consuming his disposables was just the cherry on top.

As soon as the show began, I immediately thought of this thread and felt it was my FT duty to report said observed events.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by jc94
Pax in 28E deciding blasting noise out of his phone vs earphones is acceptable. Considering offered him and his friend a pair of @yyznomad donations which I carry for emergencies.
I carry extra unopened earbud packs with me (thank you AC) and have deployed them three times, twice in the BA lounge at LHR T5. They have always been politely returned, still unopened, but with the message clearly received.
--
13F
jerry305, Heffeh41 and tecate55 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:40 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Just boarded AC 405
A guy dumps his bag above seats 12 A-C ......and walks to the back
Now pax in 12 have no space for their bag
SD and FA shrug
And this was my live IFE and we haven’t even pushed back yet
Bohemian1 and quantumofforce like this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I believe you may have just answered the question of why I get put through secondary screening 90% of the time.

My laptop sets alarms off and they swab it. Some months ago I asked the agent why this keeps happening and what I could do.

"Your computer tests positive for explosives residue. I suggest you buy a new one."

It must have been the wipes.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Originally Posted by sneakysix
Had one of the most disgusting experiences on AC YVR to YZF a few days ago

Sitting in about 14C - preferred seats. Fairly empty plane, after Christmas before New Years. A middle aged gentleman (obviously a tourist going up to see the Northern Lights) was sitting by himself in 13F (row in front of us), against the window, 2-2 CRJ. Nobody sitting beside him. Sitting with my friend chatting across the aisle, we see him take out a nail clipper and proceed to clip his fingernails. Tray down, collects all the pieces. Then takes his shoes and socks off, and clips his toenails, adds them to the pile in a methodical loving way. Puts his shoes and socks back on. Waits for the drink service. Orders a full can of coke. Then proceeds to slowly enjoy eating all of his nails. Piece by piece. Not moaning, but obviously enjoying the experience. Proceeds to eat the pile over about 10 minutes, alternated with swallows of coke. Doesn't look around ever, totally absorbed in his mission. It was like watching a train crash, we were so disgusted we almost moved seats but it was such a show that we were enthralled. Don't think anybody else really noticed because the premium seats were empty.
keratin deficiency ?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
This is a bit overblown. Lots of common household products - wipes, soaps, cosmetics, antifreeze and hand lotions - contain glycerin, which is merely a precursor ingredient to nitroglycerin and some propellants. You might receive a positive result from the ETD (explosive trace detection) method (usually a swab) used, but it's easily managed with an explanation, and rectified with minimal drama by cleaning your bag with alcohol. No, not the type of alcohol consumed by the litre in lounges and onboard by certain flyertalkers.

I often bring a small pouch of hand wipes with me when passing through security as a passenger, and also carry them with me passing non-passenger security 4-10 times per day when working. Never had a false positive.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by 24left
Just boarded AC 405
A guy dumps his bag above seats 12 A-C ......and walks to the back
Now pax in 12 have no space for their bag
SD and FA shrug
And this was my live IFE and we haven’t even pushed back yet

See this all the time including placing their bag in J bins and walking to well into the Y cabin. If I happen to be boarding behind someone who does this and it's above my seat, I simply move their bag across the row and down a bit so when then look for their bag it makes them panic a bit
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
See this all the time including placing their bag in J bins and walking to well into the Y cabin. If I happen to be boarding behind someone who does this and it's above my seat, I simply move their bag across the row and down a bit so when then look for their bag it makes them panic a bit
J suppose to board first. lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.