Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: aeroplan 50K
It’s the parents

YYZ - BGI - parents board with one child. Proceed to turn on a very loud video for the entire cabin to hear and leave it on the entire flight. FAs asked to speak to them. It is not clear if they do but the noise never stops.P
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by Badenoch
People should learn to mind their own business. The guy wasn't hurting anyone other than perhaps offending a couple of nosy busybodies who by their own admission were "enthralled" with his admittedly peculiar behavior. It's not disgusting if you don't look.
If you consider the observed behavior as an individual right and if you partake in similar acts on the plane or any public place where others may use after its vacated, please list your itinerary for the future as I will make sure I don' t book the same flight and avoid your preferred seats. Its a disgusting behavior just to think of what was happening; being served food on the tray with remnants of body parts all over it and most likely the seat.
james dean likes this.

Last edited by 1Newflyer; Jan 5, 2019 at 5:05 pm
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:12 pm
formerly airedalemom

Programs: AC 25K, AF, Marriott etc......
Originally Posted by mlbmlb
YYZ - BGI - parents board with one child. Proceed to turn on a very loud video for the entire cabin to hear and leave it on the entire flight. FAs asked to speak to them. It is not clear if they do but the noise never stops.P
I don’t get why they don’t have Headphones...
it’s the same with people playing loud games on their iPad,

Nowadays you can get cheap headphones for the kids.
so easy and so considerate for your fellow passengers.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
If you consider the observed behavior as an individual right and if you partake in similar acts on the plane or any public place where others may use after its vacated, please list your itinerary for the future as I will make sure I don' t book the same flight and avoid yourpreffered seats. Its a disgusting behavior just to think of what was happening; being served food on the tray with remnants of body parts all over it and most likely the seat.
Please read post #944 more carefully. The passenger did not leave the "remnants of body parts" on the tray or seat. What he clipped he consumed according to the report from the poster who was a row back and over, observed at some length and was "enthralled" by his behavior. It is certainly peculiar behavior and not something I would do but it doesn't offend me and if it did I wouldn't stare at the person through the entire process.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Please read post #944 more carefully. The passenger did not leave the "remnants of body parts" on the tray or seat. What he clipped he consumed according to the report from the poster who was a row back and over, observed at some length and was "enthralled" by his behavior. It is certainly peculiar behavior and not something I would do but it doesn't offend me and if it did I wouldn't stare at the person through the entire process.
He didn't "leave them", but the "remants of body parts" were placed on the tray table for a period of time, where food is likely to be consumed by a subsequent passenger.
1Newflyer likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Apparently, toenail clipping even happens in restaurants, and was not deemed a violation of health codes.
https://www.cbs17.com/news/north-car...ant/1016964115
I would be one averting my eyes for sure.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by flyquiet
Apparently, toenail clipping even happens in restaurants
I dont care what anybody says, thats super-gross, as is clipping any nails on a plane.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:45 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
You were disgusted and enthralled at the same time? Typically when someone is disgusted they look away.

While this fellow's conduct was out of the ordinary it didn't hurt or inconvenience anyone else. There was no one sitting beside him nor did he leave nail clippings strewn around his seat for the cleaners to deal with.

You were in 14C. He was in 13F, a row ahead and across the aisle from you. He would have been easy to ignore.
You're wrong. The nail clipping is gross, eating the clippings is supremely weird and neither should take place on an airplane.
ffsim likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
He didn't "leave them", but the "remants of body parts" were placed on the tray table for a period of time, where food is likely to be consumed by a subsequent passenger.
The poster was fretting about "being served food on the tray with remnants of body parts all over it and most likely the seat." There was zero chance of that happening because the passenger didn't leave remnants.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:50 pm

You seem not to read at all and enjoy badmouthing the observer yet condoning the actions of the wrongdoer.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
You're wrong. The nail clipping is gross, eating the clippings is supremely weird and neither should take place on an airplane.
If he's going to clip his nails is it not more considerate that he eats the clippings than leave them strewn over the chair and tray?

While the passenger's behavior was peculiar my definition of "supremely weird" also includes watching someone do the aforementioned for over ten minutes from a seat one row back and over only to subsequently post it on a web forum claiming they were enthralled and provide a report that included a blow-by-blow description right up to and including the brand of soft drink with which he washed his clippings down.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Pax in 28E deciding blasting noise out of his phone vs earphones is acceptable. Considering offered him and his friend a pair of @yyznomad donations which I carry for emergencies.
Seat13F_AC_CRJ and jerry305 like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
You seem not to read at all and enjoy badmouthing the observer yet condoning the actions of the wrongdoer.
Contrary to your assumption the passenger didn't leave remnants over the tray and seat. His clippings were momentarily on the tray but if that causes anxiety you will be horrified to discover that I and millions of other passengers wipe our mouths with napkins and place them on the tray. Some of us even might, gasp, blow our noses in those same napkins.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jc94
Pax in 28E deciding blasting noise out of his phone vs earphones is acceptable. Considering offered him and his friend a pair of @yyznomad donations which I carry for emergencies.
Even if the passenger in 28E used them, I'm afraid it wouldn't have made much difference as he would need to blast it loud in order to get any tangible quality out of them.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Even if the passenger in 28E used them, I'm afraid it wouldn't have made much difference as he would need to blast it loud in order to get any tangible quality out of them.
Good point. As we taxi he’s also been asked to de-recline his seat. It’s at this point I notice that despite four FAs sweeping cabin and telling me not to use my headphones ... None noticed my seat belt wasn’t done up. One end was under his rear.

I normally do the belt on boarding but don’t bother when I know I’m going to have to let people in.

Now on clippings. Be it clippings, shaves or anything that leaves body parts (beyond unavoidable layers of cells), basically if it requires a sharp improvement to
remove it from your body it shouldn’t be done on a plane outside of the washroom. And even that’s only if they clean up.

As for surfaces, I wipe my down with the hot cloth. I’ve even seen someone bring her own wipes (no she definitely wasn’t on FT).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.