Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Please note that a few posts have been moved from the "Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL" thread as they dealt with passengers behaving badly in-flight.

tcook052
AC forum Mod.
bubbelbine likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by bubbelbine
Right!? Pretty black and white situation. I think the FAs felt outnumbered by the family members and chose not to intervene
Surely this was not on a long haul with pods?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by mapleg
Surely this was not on a long haul with pods?
No, quick hop to DFW. With a pod it's harder to annoy me
Old Dec 26, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: AC 50K
AC 518 - YVR HNL: Family seated in J (Parents, 2 toddler, 1 infant, and one grandmother) board close to last. As the remainder of the passengers board, father of the family is going around the J cabin trying to arrange seat swaps so that the the toddlers can sit next to family members. In all fairness, father sat back down in his seat when I told him he was delaying boarding. Father came back with SD once boarding was complete to secure seat swaps. (It was rather funny to watch meal orders being taken as almost no one was in their original seat. There was a status member (I presume SE) on the flight with a rather complicated last name and I felt bad for the SD as she went up to various individuals to try and find this person, all the while stumbling through trying to pronounce this person's last name). Once we starting rolling for departure the two toddlers started throwing a hissy fit. Which lasted the entire 6 hour flight. When the SD/FAs were not in the aisle, the family members were taking turns in the aisle trying to comfort the children. Apparently they did not like being told what to do or sitting still. Full meals were ordered for the children which were not touched. While it was the children doing most of the misbehaving, this expedition was definitively not well planned by the family. No sleep was had in the J cabin.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:47 am

Flew Y in an A320, YYZ-YUL, non-preferrred seat. It's pretty tight for me, and probably amplified by the fact that I was connecting after a 12 hour flight (also in Y). I'm sitting in seat C, and the guy in the row in front of me, sitting in A, no one in C, reclines both seats all the way back for the duration of the flight. I couldn't see any reason for having done this, and it was really not appreciated from my perspective. Luckily it was only YYZ to YUL, so I didn't say anything. Why recline a seat you're not sitting in?

(And he was sitting straight. He wasn't trying to stretch out across the two seats.)
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by musicmtl
Flew Y in an A320, YYZ-YUL, non-preferrred seat. It's pretty tight for me, and probably amplified by the fact that I was connecting after a 12 hour flight (also in Y). I'm sitting in seat C, and the guy in the row in front of me, sitting in A, no one in C, reclines both seats all the way back for the duration of the flight. I couldn't see any reason for having done this, and it was really not appreciated from my perspective. Luckily it was only YYZ to YUL, so I didn't say anything. Why recline a seat you're not sitting in?

(And he was sitting straight. He wasn't trying to stretch out across the two seats.)
Paid seat for Emotional Support Ghost.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Paid seat for Emotional Support Ghost.
Lol, that would explain the bad vibes I was feeling!
1Newflyer likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
A passenger stowed what appears to be a roll aboard luggage with a non collapsible handle sideways in the bin. The FA was in disbelief when he tried to collapse it to make more space and found it could not.

Why on earth would such a bag even exist?
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
That reminds me.

Twice on my most recent trip, I boarded towards the end, on a 789, to find the bins were "full". Because everyone put the bags in the way you would on a 320. And one person put their coat in the bin.

So both times, I rotated a couple bags 90 degrees, and got mine in.

I don't really like touching bags belonging to others, but if you're going to obnoxiously and unnecessarily take up all the bin space, then I must.
ffsim, jerry305, Bohemian1 and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: AC 50K
Originally Posted by eigenvector
A passenger stowed what appears to be a roll aboard luggage with a non collapsible handle sideways in the bin. The FA was in disbelief when he tried to collapse it to make more space and found it could not.

Why on earth would such a bag even exist?
Having seen some modifications on some bags, it wouldn't surprise me if it was glued into place for illogical reasons/fears.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I don't really like touching bags belonging to others, but if you're going to obnoxiously and unnecessarily take up all the bin space, then I must.
I understand the non-touching issue well remembering a flight when I almost was punched in the face for pushing the bag aside to make room for my carry-on in a bin directly over my seat. He was sitting across the isle. He probably would have missed my head as he towered over me; I am vertically challenged, sometimes its beneficial.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
I understand the non-touching issue well remembering a flight when I almost was punched in the face for pushing the bag aside to make room for my carry-on in a bin directly over my seat. He was sitting across the isle. He probably would have missed my head as he towered over me; I am vertically challenged, sometimes its beneficial.
He should sign up for anger management classes. I will rearrange any suitcase in the bin to make room if some doofus in front of me can't figure it out.
Twickenham and jc94 like this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:45 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by mapleg
He should sign up for anger management classes. I will rearrange any suitcase in the bin to make room if some doofus in front of me can't figure it out.
Suggesting school may prompt him to go low, there goes my height advantage in this situation.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:43 am

Programs: Altitude SE, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Had one of the most disgusting experiences on AC YVR to YZF a few days ago

Sitting in about 14C - preferred seats. Fairly empty plane, after Christmas before New Years. A middle aged gentleman (obviously a tourist going up to see the Northern Lights) was sitting by himself in 13F (row in front of us), against the window, 2-2 CRJ. Nobody sitting beside him. Sitting with my friend chatting across the aisle, we see him take out a nail clipper and proceed to clip his fingernails. Tray down, collects all the pieces. Then takes his shoes and socks off, and clips his toenails, adds them to the pile in a methodical loving way. Puts his shoes and socks back on. Waits for the drink service. Orders a full can of coke. Then proceeds to slowly enjoy eating all of his nails. Piece by piece. Not moaning, but obviously enjoying the experience. Proceeds to eat the pile over about 10 minutes, alternated with swallows of coke. Doesn't look around ever, totally absorbed in his mission. It was like watching a train crash, we were so disgusted we almost moved seats but it was such a show that we were enthralled. Don't think anybody else really noticed because the premium seats were empty.

Last edited by tcook052; Jan 5, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by sneakysix
Had one of the most disgusting experiences on AC YVR to YZF a few days ago

Sitting in about 14C - preferred seats. Fairly empty plane, after Christmas before New Years. A middle aged gentleman (obviously a tourist going up to see the Northern Lights) was sitting by himself in 13F (row in front of us), against the window, 2-2 CRJ. Nobody sitting beside him. Sitting with my friend chatting across the aisle, we see him take out a nail clipper and proceed to clip his fingernails. Tray down, collects all the pieces. Then takes his shoes and socks off, and clips his toenails, adds them to the pile in a methodical loving way. Puts his shoes and socks back on. Waits for the drink service. Orders a full can of coke. Then proceeds to slowly enjoy eating all of his nails. Piece by piece. Not moaning, but obviously enjoying the experience. Proceeds to eat the pile over about 10 minutes, alternated with swallows of coke. Doesn't look around ever, totally absorbed in his mission. It was like watching a train crash, we were so disgusted we almost moved seats but it was such a show that we were enthralled. Don't think anybody else really noticed because the premium seats were empty.
This is inane. So he clipped his nails on hands and feet during flight which is appalling, then proceeded to ... eat them all?

I mean, at least he didn’t leave a mess?
canadiancow likes this.

Last edited by tcook052; Jan 5, 2019 at 3:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.