Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
Clearly I need to practice cropping photos (and focusing), or to stop trying to do this from my phone.
--
13F
Ah well, looks a reasonable distance away there I as I’m sure I have, and I know others have, continue to be amazed that people are willing to go barefoot on a plane. Any (commercial) plane.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jc94

Ah well, looks a reasonable distance away there I as I’m sure I have, and I know others have, continue to be amazed that people are willing to go barefoot on a plane. Any (commercial) plane.
Me too. I have seen passengers go to the washroom barefeet or sometimes in their own socks (not airline issued).
Old Apr 28, 2018, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by vernonc
Me too. I have seen passengers go to the washroom barefeet or sometimes in their own socks (not airline issued).
They will learn a lesson fast, hopefully.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 12:12 pm
formerly airedalemom

Programs: AC 25K, AF, Marriott etc......
Originally Posted by pewpew
Pax in emergency exit on 844 today decided to leave his camera bag at his feet for landing. The FA discovered it ~5 minutes before we touched down and had to try 5 different overhead bins before she found one with space for it!
Something similar happened on a flight I was on the male pax in the same row as me had a fancy handbag and kept it in his lap, the fa repeatedly told him to put it under the seat in front of him. He would do it and then as soon as the fa left he would pick it up and put it on his lap again.
I think he was asked 3 times and repeated the same behaviour. He must have had very precious items but seriously who’s going to steal your bag while your sitting in front of it.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 12:18 pm
formerly airedalemom

That’s so disgusting. I don’t understand the need to be barefoot, I wear my travelsox and unless I get slippers in my amenity kit I put my shoes on to go to the lav.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Queen B
That’s so disgusting. I don’t understand the need to be barefoot, I wear my travelsox and unless I get slippers in my amenity kit I put my shoes on to go to the lav.
Yesterday's flight to OGG yet again, two pax heading to the washroom in socks. And then one of them had her feet up on the seats.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:03 pm
formerly airedalemom

Yesterday's flight to OGG yet again, two pax heading to the washroom in socks. And then one of them had her feet up on the seats.
Ewww, I carry disinfecting wipes for table trays, I’ll have to start using them on the seats too.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Ewww, I carry disinfecting wipes for table trays, I’ll have to start using them on the seats too.
You may consider the IFE touchscreen too.

... Yes, I have seen people's socked/unsocked feet on the IFE screens (especially in the front row) as they, uh, relaxed.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:30 pm
formerly airedalemom

Originally Posted by D404
You may consider the IFE touchscreen too.

... Yes, I have seen people's socked/unsocked feet on the IFE screens (especially in the front row) as they, uh, relaxed.
I usually sit in J and I already clean those as well, they are always smudged.
First with the disinfecting wipe and then with a screen cleaning cloth.

And I’m not even a germaphobe I can’t imagine what it’s like for someone who is.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:44 pm

And I’m not even a germaphobe I can’t imagine what it’s like for someone who is.
They don't fly.
RangerNS likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
They don't fly.
Or we do our best not to think about it.

After having wiped down everything we can reach that isn't moving.
txpenny, Queen B and longtimeflyin like this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:59 pm
formerly airedalemom

Originally Posted by islandcub1
Or we do our best not to think about it.

After having wiped down everything we can reach that isn't moving.
Or you can cover up like this
Attached Images  
jerry305 and islandcub1 like this.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:18 pm

I was on a long haul SQ flight .12+ hours long, and I saw, I swear, close to a dozen people in socks or barefoot use the bathroom. I know SQ actually cleans the bathrooms mid-flight, but I was still surprised.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
I was on a long haul SQ flight .12+ hours long, and I saw, I swear, close to a dozen people in socks or barefoot use the bathroom. I know SQ actually cleans the bathrooms mid-flight, but I was still surprised.
The sanitary standard of Singaporians is much better than over here. I have noticed this on SQ flights as well.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
I usually sit in J and I already clean those as well, they are always smudged.
First with the disinfecting wipe and then with a screen cleaning cloth.

Are you sure?. What's a poor germ gotta do these days to have a relaxing life?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.