Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Older guy with lots of toys (er, devices) is sitting between me and @lallied on AC 11 decides to go for a walk in the middle of the night, darkened cabin.
An alarm starts buzzing, wakes up a bunch of us. Makes a few of us cranky-annoyed. One of the worst ways to be woken up.
I thought it was the alarm buzzer on one of the ovens in the mid-galley. Started to walk that way.
I think @lallied may have actually turned it off while guy was wandering the cabin.

Guy returns to seat, I stare at him and say "Seriously?????"
He asks "Did it wake you?"
I asked "If you asked the question then you know the answer"

Where do these people come from?
It's like apartment dwellers who don't understand they live in a multi-unit building.

(and yes people, FWP)

Bohemian1 and Diabeetus like this.

Last edited by 24left; Feb 13, 2018 at 2:40 pm Reason: spelling
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by 24left
Older guy with lots of toys (er, devices) in sitting between me and @lallied on AC 11 decides to go for a walk in the middle of the night, darkened cabin.
An alarm starts buzzing, wakes up a bunch of us. Makes a few of us cranky-annoyed. One of the worst ways to be woken up.
I thought it was the alarm buzzer on one of the ovens in the mid-galley. Started to walk that way.
I think @lallied may have actually turned it off while guy was wandering the cabin.

Guy returns to seat, I stare at him and say "Seriously?????"
He asks "Did it wake you?"
I asked "If you asked the question then you know the answer"

Where do these people come from?
It's like apartment dwellers who don't understand they live in a multi-unit building.

(and yes people, FWP)
Standard RCHHMP response to this is:

Originally Posted by RCHHMP
It's your fault for not wearing earplugs or noise-cancelling headsets. All your fault.

(actually, it's yyznomad's fault, but whatever)
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
OK, apology accepted.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Never realized how annoying someone typing on a laptop is on a plane until the guy behind me decided to type using 1000 lbs/square inch of pressure on each key. Probably doesn’t help that I’m sitting on a parked plane with a crying baby, delayed first by a “security incident” at the airport, which led to the flight missing its window ay YYZ and is now in an air traffic delay for another 30 minutes.

Or maybe its having to fly 900 miles, 2 segments over 7 hours to get home when a direct flight would be 400 miles and just over an hour flight, if only there were such a thing as a direct flight.

Might have to have a drink or two of JW Black when I get to the MLL in YYZ in a few hours!
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: AC E50K *G - Amtrak SelectPlus
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
Never realized how annoying someone typing on a laptop is on a plane until the guy behind me decided to type using 1000 lbs/square inch of pressure on each key.
Maybe they need to add these signs:

"Please be considerate of other passengers while using your computer (keyboard noise etc)" From the Shinkansen in Japan
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
What laptops ship with a Model M?
Yhztraveller likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Never realized how annoying someone typing on a laptop is on a plane until the guy behind me decided to type using 1000 lbs/square inch of pressure on each key. Probably doesn’t help that I’m sitting on a parked plane with a crying baby, delayed first by a “security incident” at the airport, which led to the flight missing its window ay YYZ and is now in an air traffic delay for another 30 minutes.

Or maybe its having to fly 900 miles, 2 segments over 7 hours to get home when a direct flight would be 400 miles and just over an hour flight, if only there were such a thing as a direct flight.

Might have to have a drink or two of JW Black when I get to the MLL in YYZ in a few hours!
We;ll he must have had something important to do because he typed like that for the whole flight. He actually seemed like a nice, polite British gentleman, judging by his accent and demeanor on the two phone calls he had while we were delayed. Probably more polite than I would be with the call center customer service person he was speaking too (online price for something he bought, but online site wouldn't process the transaction, tech support couldn't fix it so they told him to call and complete the transaction by phone. he gets the invoice and price is much higher. I'm listening him explain this to call center and their response was apparently the sale price is only online, not by phone (sound familiar??))

As a courtesy to the passengers around us I drowned out the typing noise with my snoring......
smallmj and quantumofforce like this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA

Thankful I'm not on your flight.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by txpenny
Thankful I'm not on your flight.
FYI, I did not think the pax behaved poorly enough to belong in the hall of shame, so I posted in the Lounge thread. Some mod must have moved it..
Old Feb 23, 2018, 4:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
FYI, I did not think the pax behaved poorly enough to belong in the hall of shame, so I posted in the Lounge thread. Some mod must have moved it..
I did yes but don't worry as the threshold to post about someone in this Hall of Shame thread is very low.

tcook052
AC forum Mod.
jc94 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
At least that's the sound naturally made by the keyboard. The thing I hate are the hipsters who have their phones set to make fake typing noises when they touch the onscreen keyboard.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Bare feet being shoved into the window gap to my left, tickling my elbow a couple of times on ac215 yyc to yvr today.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
Bare feet being shoved into the window gap to my left, tickling my elbow a couple of times on ac215 yyc to yvr today.
Did you do anything about it?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Originally Posted by Badenoch
Did you do anything about it?
Nothing more than an obvious turn and stare after the second touch. Didn't even recline my seat
Old Feb 25, 2018, 6:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
Nothing more than an obvious turn and stare after the second touch. Didn't even recline my seat
Silence is consent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.