Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
My coat is not packed nor is it in the overhead or closet. It is on me because I am freezing on the airplane. You people run a different temperature than I do, clearly.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by RZR
OF course.... Imagine the nerve of someone getting up to go to the restroom..
I believe I have been misunderstood.

My wife keeps telling me I am a terrible communicator.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SEMM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
What I really don't understand is why crew would do that on a 7M8.

You can't run out of space on that plane. You can get 6 full-size carryons in each bin (except the very first one).
I’ve seen on a few 7M8 runs the dead heading crew place their bags flat and not on their sides. None of this surprises me anymore.
eigenvector likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Badenoch
Yes, I would prefer the extra legroom, earlier boarding and faster deplaning. The whines of the entitled and self-centered who are in a snit about not having an empty seat beside them are of little interest and absolutely no consequence.
It’s also pretty hard to determine how full a flight is until you are erm, on board. Even if the seat map (hahaha) is empty at 2-3h out there could be a ton of standbys etc...

Case in point was 857 a way back, 2h out seat map was about half full. Flight had barely anything free. I heard there was some issue.
Badenoch likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Mr. 2MM in 5K isn't going to say anything here.
There seem to be a lot of new FAs on the YVR-YUL/YYZ flights this year and the older SDs (especially the males) don't seem to be very good at training them. 2 flights ago, I had a SD quite condescending to the young woman, patronizing too, so yes I can see how a new FA could make a small error.
Having said I get missed sometimes but always works out, today it didn’t (one must not tempt fate). Took meal orders by row number. When came to me asked for chicken. Said fine and moved on. Everyone in cabin was served and eventually they came back and asked what had ordered. I said chicken and they said they were out. Turns out the young lady ticked me for chicken and then someone crossed me out. Presumably as they had already assigned all the meals but who really knows.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RZR
OF course.... Imagine the nerve of someone getting up to go to the restroom..
The nerve is getting up multiple times during the boarding process.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm traveling tomorrow. My coat is in my carry-on.

Why on earth would you be wearing a coat through the airport?
Try that approach in -37 and boarding a Q400 across the tarmac in YQR. And if the coat you need on that day fits in your carry on then your carry on is too big. That also explains why you might still have the said coat with you when you arrive in your final tropical destination. I personally layer but I try not to judge other passengers who choose a full parka.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyquiet
My coat is not packed nor is it in the overhead or closet. It is on me because I am freezing on the airplane. You people run a different temperature than I do, clearly.
My coat is in the closet. If it were to go into my carryon, wouldn't be a carryon anymore, would need being big enough to get checked.

That's in winter of course. Mid-season, I guess it might fit. But it's still inconvenient.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Fizzer
Try that approach in -37 and boarding a Q400 across the tarmac in YQR. And if the coat you need on that day fits in your carry on then your carry on is too big. That also explains why you might still have the said coat with you when you arrive in your final tropical destination. I personally layer but I try not to judge other passengers who choose a full parka.
So I have been going to the warmer climates of Asia all week and in YYC its a cold, but comfortably dry -20 these past few days. Before i board the shuttle bus from the park & drive, i shed my winter coat and put on my light weight hoody (bunny wrap for those Saskatchewan folks) Yup it's cold, but i simply remember the words of wisdom from my training NCO from my military training ........ suck it up buttercup ........its winter in Canada
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
That's pretty much what I do but lots of older folks don't and will, therefore, take coats, which some think is unusual. Expecting otherwise is unrealistic. My wife doesn't handle the cold at all ,even though she is ex military herself, and were I to try the suck it up approach I might find her reprising some of her prior training on myself.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by Fizzer
That's pretty much what I do but lots of older folks don't and will, therefore, take coats, which some think is unusual. Expecting otherwise is unrealistic.
At some level of cold, it is actually dangerous, and not just for the elderly. Let them wear their coats and deal with the mild inconvenience.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: Programs? I don't need no stinking programs
Originally Posted by D404
At some level of cold, it is actually dangerous, and not just for the elderly. Let them wear their coats and deal with the mild inconvenience.
On most of the routes I typically fly, wearing a fairly bulky coat onto the plane is more or less obligatory for much of the year. Only the inexperienced try to stuff their coats into the overhead bin, because if everybody did that there would be no room for any bags up there at all. Likewise, nobody is going to pack his or her coat into a suitcase, carry-on or otherwise, because (a) you'll be needing that coat on the apron and probably until at least 15 minutes after the doors are closed; (b) have you ever tried packing a down parka into a 22-inch rollaboard; (c) on your typical flight to Inuqanngitturaalujjuaq or wherever, everybody's bags are already full to capacity with groceries/shopping/booze/contraband tuktuminiq. If there's no closet (), one either wears one's coat during the flight or uses it as a seat liner/pillow. I don't know why this practice isn't more common further south.
Fizzer, eigenvector and D404 like this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
I once got back to YYZ in October after a trip to California. My coat was in my checked luggage. My luggage turned up three days later than I did, waiting for the bus with just a sweater was not a pleasant experience.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Why would a pax throw a roll of toilet paper in the J washroom toilet? Rhetorical question. However, I really felt sorry for the FA.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Had the overhead open to put my stuff back in my bag before landing. While I'm re-packing at my seat, a SE MM decides they can't walk the extra 5 ft to the galley and instead use my open bin at 1K to place their garbage in.
canadiancow and 5mm like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.