Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Thinking about this more, 739 was downgauged from a 763 to a 320.

So they may have had to deadhead a crew in. But since that flight was full, they may all be on 759 with me.

Which means this guy could be an active duty captain.
So assuming this is an active duty captain, why was he on 739?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
YYC-YVR this morning, passenger next to me in 2F spent the entire flight picking her cuticles and scattering the dead skin on the the floor, on the centre console and in between her arm rest and the window. Looked like we had a mini snow storm by the end of the flight at which point she had proceeded to using a nail file.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by djkyyc
YYC-YVR this morning, passenger next to me in 2F spent the entire flight picking her cuticles and scattering the dead skin on the the floor, on the centre console and in between her arm rest and the window. Looked like we had a mini snow storm by the end of the flight at which point she had proceeded to using a nail file.
Did you manage to inhale some of the dusty skin and nail bits that began percolating through the air near you?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Did you manage to inhale some of the dusty skin and nail bits that began percolating through the air near you?
I’m pretty sure I did. Likely had some on the omelette as well.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
So assuming this is an active duty captain, why was he on 739?
As I said, deadheading.

When my CRA was downgauged to a Q400, I was sitting beside the FO who was supposed to fly the CRA.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by djkyyc
Man, what is wrong with people. That is disgusting.

Are you sure she did not do some yoga in the aisle as well?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
Originally Posted by mapleg
Man, what is wrong with people. That is disgusting.

Are you sure she did not do some yoga in the aisle as well?
No, she did Hot Yoga in the lav.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:18 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by jazzsax
No, she did Hot Yoga in the lav.
Yuck! Thanks for putting that into my head.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: Back of the bus
Talking

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Yuck! Thanks for putting that into my head.
LOL you're welcome!!!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
As I said, deadheading.

When my CRA was downgauged to a Q400, I was sitting beside the FO who was supposed to fly the CRA.
I asked for a reason.

I thought at least for AC, DH captains are to wear their uniform, but you had confirmed that your seatmate was not in uniform.

But I could be wrong. I didn't bother asking other sources to confirm the uniform while DHing thing.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I asked for a reason.

I thought at least for AC, DH captains are to wear their uniform, but you had confirmed that your seatmate was not in uniform.

But I could be wrong. I didn't bother asking other sources to confirm the uniform while DHing thing.
I remember once on a YYC-FRA flight, an upgraded passenger was un-upgraded. Pretty sure it was for a last minute captain deadheading. Who was not in uniform. I would think they are if they take control of their next flight upon arrival, but probably not if they overnight before flying.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I have definitely seen deadheading crew out of uniform.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 3:31 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
AC607, an e190 YHZ/YYZ.

12F (bulkhead) spent 30 seconds making 12d get up, and 13d to "move his feet" so to jam her bag under 12d. Unsurprisingly, free of 13f's feet, she was still unable to push it past the barrier. Undisturbed by this, she gave up and just jammed her bad the right way under 12d, in 13ds slot.

As I type that, FA took away her lose purse and put it in a bin. And as I type that, she complained she (at 5'2) had no legroom.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 3:45 am

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Originally Posted by RangerNS
AC607, an e190 YHZ/YYZ.

12F (bulkhead) spent 30 seconds making 12d get up, and 13d to "move his feet" so to jam her bag under 12d. Unsurprisingly, free of 13f's feet, she was still unable to push it past the barrier. Undisturbed by this, she gave up and just jammed her bad the right way under 12d, in 13ds slot.

As I type that, FA took away her lose purse and put it in a bin. And as I type that, she complained she (at 5'2) had no legroom.
Sounds so familiar! Did 13d say/do anything? I suspect not...

Last edited by run&fly; Nov 5, 2017 at 5:21 am
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by RangerNS
AC607, an e190 YHZ/YYZ.

Originally Posted by run&fly
Sounds so familiar! Did 13d say/do anything? I suspect not...
The last time the passenger in front of me did this, I pushed their bag back through with my feet.
longtimeflyin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.