Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[IN FLIGHT] Shaves on a Plane; the Hall of Shame for passengers behaving badly on AC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2015, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Perhaps not as *nasty*, but I have seen pax brush their teeth while in their seat...
Old Jul 11, 2015, 3:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, NEXUS
I'm a nurse. I've shaved my fair share of patients with their electric razors. I've also cleaned up after patients have used their electric razors. The hair always falls out of their razors to varying degrees. It's one thing at a hospital where you are not confined to a small area with a few hundred other people, but on a plane? Don't. Just don't. It's people like that who bring out my inner OCD germaphobe in a way that my work never does.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Perhaps not as *nasty*, but I have seen pax brush their teeth while in their seat...
Even nastier....

Clipping toenails on the bulkhead. Yep. Twice.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Even nastier....

Clipping toenails on the bulkhead. Yep. Twice.
I just puked in my mouth.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 8:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by Premiere Elite - YEG
For the record, any in-flight shaving of any kind no matter gender or body part isn't normal in my books.
On an overnight TATL I will sometimes shave but only in the lavatory never in the seat.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
I just puked in my mouth.
I have alot of patience and tolerance. The Cavalry was called out with a cease and desist order for that one.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Perhaps we are too courteous here at AC FT. A few posts here and there of rude or obnoxious pax behaviour have made me ask the question: why are we so uncomfortable with telling fellow AC pax to stop "Grooming while Flying"?

Maybe we need one of these threads

(It's funny when the post also include references to the bag tag that might be visible)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ngers-130.html

yes, I know it's another airline, but I wanted to use it as a suggestion for a thread

Last edited by 24left; Jul 11, 2015 at 9:32 am Reason: suggestion
Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
The incredible thing about this thread is the number of gentlemen who use electric razors

I'm not even sure how that works...
Old Jul 11, 2015, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Usually, i'm the dog when it comes to this stuff, but I missed this completely. The second I read your post, I laughed SO hard. I have never laughed that hard ever on FT! So thanks for that
Although it would appear that fasion is now changing, and us males are no longer necessarily assumed to have the soul of a child molester. Thanks the gods.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
There's a shaver power outlet in the lav. One probably should use the lav for shaving...
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
There's a shaver power outlet in the lav. One probably should use the lav for shaving...
I remember seeing that and saying "lel, who would use that".

Now I know lol
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I remember seeing that and saying "lel, who would use that".

Now I know lol
Hey I've never tried. lol. But I have noticed it there. I've only ever shaved in the lounge after a shower.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Arrow

I've modified the thread title a little (couldn't edit out what was already a really good, catchy title) so we can make this a master thread for passengers behaving badly in-flight. Note however that any pictures of fellow pax should have their faces blurred so as not to give away their identity.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator
Old Jul 11, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by tcook052
I've modified the thread title a little (couldn't edit out what was already a really good, catchy title) so we can make this a master thread for passengers behaving badly in-flight. Note however that any pictures of fellow pax should have their faces blurred so as not to give away their identity.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator

Thank you for allowing this! This could turn out to be a really fun thread and provide some good laughs in this forum .
Old Jul 11, 2015, 1:41 pm

It doesn't matter whether hair falls out of the razor when one shaves.
You shave in the bathroom and not at your seat, period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.