Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Brisbane to become AC's second Australian destination in 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brisbane to become AC's second Australian destination in 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, British Airways, Alaska
Any predictions on getting Aeroplan J seats on this route? Same as AC33/34?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Sean22mac
Any predictions on getting Aeroplan J seats on this route? Same as AC33/34?
I'd be surprised if award availability were any better. In fact, with only 20 J seats, I'd say it'll be almost impossible.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Flown AC 787 in Y and the seat are not that bad. They are better than some airlines you say are better. I'm guessing you have not flown on the 787.
Haven't seen much on the AC 787, but the reviews of QR 787 Y seat (which is very similar) have generally been very poor. And that's despite the superior catering and IFE on offer in QR (lipstick on the pig, if you will).

If the reviews are even moderately accurate, these ULH flights are going to be pretty damn uncomfortable.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I'd be surprised if award availability were any better. In fact, with only 20 J seats, I'd say it'll be almost impossible.
I'd expect the flights to be born as J20 R2/3* I0, and they'd only open up I space if IKK isn't used.

*Depending on how the 8% math works.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
I'm surprised they chose BNE instead of MEL...
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:37 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Originally Posted by kraftdinner_
NZ and SQ are the two *A lounges in BNE. They're both average and get the job done; nothing spectacular like these two airlines' new SYD lounges.
This is a bit misleading. The Koru lounge in SYD has just been renovated. The SQ not. FYI, I reviewed them both here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-n...ll-reopen.html

I understand the Koru lounge at BNE is now closed for renos. I suggest checking the NZ thread for updates.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:13 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by tracon
Does NZ have a lounge in BNE?
They did when I was there several years ago.

Just checked here... open from two hrs prior to departure. Hopefully AC will sign on the share the lounge.
--
13F
Old Jul 11, 2015, 8:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Yes we used a lounge in BNE several times this year.
However with TG pulling out of BNE, perhaps the lounge will change.
BNE int is a small airport, so its not a big deal not having a lounge.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by why fly
Yes we used a lounge in BNE several times this year.
However with TG pulling out of BNE, perhaps the lounge will change.
BNE int is a small airport, so its not a big deal not having a lounge.
Even in the event that no *A lounge were available, I'd assume AC would negotiate a deal for J pax (and most likely *G pax) to use a contract lounge or another airline's lounge.

That being said, I doubt both NZ and SQ will close their lounges at BNE, so I highly doubt lack of lounge access will be an issue.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Even in the event that no *A lounge were available, I'd assume AC would negotiate a deal for J pax (and most likely *G pax) to use a contract lounge or another airline's lounge.

That being said, I doubt both NZ and SQ will close their lounges at BNE, so I highly doubt lack of lounge access will be an issue.
It's interesting that BNE and MEL have lounges with similar seating capacity (120/122 respectively). Not a clue what the traffic flow is through BNE, but I'm guessing that given that capacity, NZ will be the chosen lounge @ BNE.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
It's interesting that BNE and MEL have lounges with similar seating capacity (120/122 respectively). Not a clue what the traffic flow is through BNE, but I'm guessing that given that capacity, NZ will be the chosen lounge @ BNE.
I agree it's quite likely the NZ lounge at BNE will be chosen. Even with decreasing *A traffic at BNE, the lounge probably is still quite busy due to the close NZ/VA partnership within Oceania.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by why fly
you guess poorly.

And, unfortunate for me 4 more flights coming up.

Lets hope Qantas adds some flights to YVR, just to keep AC honest.
I doubt any AC SE has sat in the non-preferred seats on this horrible plane.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond

That being said, PP doesn't even have a lounge in BNE...
(I use the QF lounge at SYD most of the time, or the AX lounge if not on OW.)
Old Jul 11, 2015, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Air New Zealand's first flight out of BNE is at 12:30 PM and the lounge only opens 2 hours prior to departure, so this lounge may not be available unless AC makes special arrangements with NZ.

SQ has a flight departing at 9:10, so we might be using the SilverKris lounge rather than Koru..
Old Jul 12, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: AC*SE100K
I fly YVR-SYD (or variations - through LAX/AKL/HKG) 6+ times a year. I guess I hope this pulls some traffic to BNE and makes upgrading on this route a bit easier.

My business is entirely SYD/MEL, so I'm very disappointed BNE won out over MEL. Looks like they're going for tourist traffic?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.