Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Help with Aeroplan award redemption on United

Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Hi everyone,

I don't know where to post this as there is no general Aeroplan inquiry thread or I did not see it.

When I am trying to redeem miles for my flight ticket, I know that if I choose United it’d be cheaper but the Aeroplan website does not bring up any United flights in the search results and only gives me Air Canada ones. Is there a way to go on United website and pay for my flight on their site by using my Aeroplan miles or it’s not possible and I have to be a member of their mileage plus program?

If not, then how can I choose United when I don't see them in search results or do I have to choose different dates?

Thanks very much,
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by DL17
Hi everyone,

I don't know where to post this as there is no general Aeroplan inquiry thread or I did not see it.

When I am trying to redeem miles for my flight ticket, I know that if I choose United it’d be cheaper but the Aeroplan website does not bring up any United flights in the search results and only gives me Air Canada ones. Is there a way to go on United website and pay for my flight on their site by using my Aeroplan miles or it’s not possible and I have to be a member of their mileage plus program?

If not, then how can I choose United when I don't see them in search results or do I have to choose different dates?

Thanks very much,
Wrong thread
but if you don't see UA availability (either on Aeroplan.com or UA), there is no availability. Try different date, routing

You CAN only book flights at Aeroplan.com, not any other sites like United
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by DL17
Hi everyone,

Thanks very much,
If you don't see, it means that there is no space available.

Call Aeroplan to see if they are able to find seats for you on United and pay the booking fee.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Thank you Clipper and Jerry
Old Jul 7, 2015, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Also check flights by starting with the main segments, then you can work your flights around that to connect from or to those flights. So if you're looking for YQR-SIN, start with SFO-SIN-SFO, ORD-SIN-ORD, LAX-SIN-LAX then the flight(s) to/from the US gateway city that has award space. Note in this case, you might even break it down further and search for SFO/ORD/LAX flights to either NRT or HKG, UA's major transPac gateways. Similarly if you're trying to get to Europe or South America, check US gateway to various gateway airports on those continents.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 7:11 am

It is not unheard of that Aeroplan agents at times are able to find reward seats that may not be showing at the Aeroplan web site self-help booking screen.

It's worth the call and pay the booking fee if the agent indeed is able to find seats that you do not see at the Aeroplan web site for you.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 4:28 am
JBD

deleted

Last edited by JBD; Jul 28, 2015 at 6:03 am Reason: posted in wrong forum

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.