Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC customer says she was wrongly billed for flight in U.S. dollars

AC customer says she was wrongly billed for flight in U.S. dollars

Old Jun 22, 2015, 5:22 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I can 100% see this happening, especially because the $ is the same. But you've got to know what you're paying for. I double check every time, because it seems like no matter what computer I use in Canada when I go to the United site, it's setup for USD. I've tried to set the default, doesn't take.

She screwed up, if she can produce a screenshot or the email receipt that says "CAD" with a price, then she would've already. Maybe she's using a VPN and doesn't know it? Could be her kid's computer or something, but in any case, she screwed up, doesn't wanna pay for it. I always love the "frequent customer"/"books with AC regularly" etc...those always crack me up. If you were a "valued customer" or FF, you'd not be going to the media. So just forego that part of the story, it's ATTEMPTED relevance. "Oh I book with ac.com all the time"...while in Canada with a Canadian IP, yes it's CAD, but when you're in the USA or perhaps right near the border, you've gotta make sure.

Suck it up, life is full of mistakes, you lost $1000, not your life, spending $3000 on a flight to Greece, you're probably not hard up for cash either so if all you lost was money, count yourself lucky.

Originally Posted by ewok22
Well this hit Global news In YYC last night with an interview from the lady, she's a leisure flyer and obviously made a mistake, refund her ticket Air Canada and let her re-book on the CAN site, AC looks dumb on this issue.
And for all you FF out there think of your Mom trying to book this on line.....
It says when she got home. If she had complained before the flight took place, MAYBE they'd do something for her.

If this was my mom (late 50s), she a) wouldn't spend 3Gs b) wouldn't make this mistake c) would not book it and ask me to find her a better fare.

This woman is smart enough to check her credit card statements but not the currency displayed on the website? Come on.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
They should do news about this too.

Every time I went near a border city, if I used cash, they would short change me with CAD coins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 23, 2015, 9:59 am

Programs: WS Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, AC 100K, INtercontinetal Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus
Unhappy

Originally Posted by drvannostren
I can 100% see this happening, especially because the $ is the same. But you've got to know what you're paying for. I double check every time, because it seems like no matter what computer I use in Canada when I go to the United site, it's setup for USD. I've tried to set the default, doesn't take.

She screwed up, if she can produce a screenshot or the email receipt that says "CAD" with a price, then she would've already. Maybe she's using a VPN and doesn't know it? Could be her kid's computer or something, but in any case, she screwed up, doesn't wanna pay for it. I always love the "frequent customer"/"books with AC regularly" etc...those always crack me up. If you were a "valued customer" or FF, you'd not be going to the media. So just forego that part of the story, it's ATTEMPTED relevance. "Oh I book with ac.com all the time"...while in Canada with a Canadian IP, yes it's CAD, but when you're in the USA or perhaps right near the border, you've gotta make sure.

Suck it up, life is full of mistakes, you lost $1000, not your life, spending $3000 on a flight to Greece, you're probably not hard up for cash either so if all you lost was money, count yourself lucky.

It says when she got home. If she had complained before the flight took place, MAYBE they'd do something for her.

If this was my mom (late 50s), she a) wouldn't spend 3Gs b) wouldn't make this mistake c) would not book it and ask me to find her a better fare.

This woman is smart enough to check her credit card statements but not the currency displayed on the website? Come on.
Also as ChrisA330 point out I completly missed the part where she had already completed the trip, when i watched this onGlobal it appeared she had not taken the trip.
My Mom is 85 and gets confused what can I say

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.